• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy 4-AcO-MET Thread

Some of my 4-subs I've had for close to 4 years, I've never noticed degradation. Stored in air tight glass jars with rubber seals, duct taped to block light and dri-rite as it was available at the lab i worked at so why not? Stored in the basement at room temp.

Mine are stored in sealed bags inside another bag with dessicant inside the freezer. No loss of potency or change in colour and consistency whatsoever after several months.
Maybe when it gets to years I may notice some, but I do think that as long as you are careful then there is nothing to fear.

My friend has combined 4-HO-MET with MDMA and had a great time. Physically you should be safe, though like any flip, strap your seatbelts!

A while ago I had planned to take some of this combined with 3-MeO-PCP at a rave, but ended up deciding against it when I arrived there; partly because the place was too packed and warm and didn't feel like an ideal place to trip, so I just took the PCP-

After that I forgot I had the measured doses in my wallet and accidental carried it around for a couple of days.

So with the fragile reputation this compound has, I was assuming it would be almost inactive by now. But this tuesday I went to see a band I really like and though "Fuck it, I'll take this putatively degraded metacetin and if I trip it will be cool, and if nothing happens it'll be fun too"

Turns out it was still active ! I didn't trip hard but it was a low dose (14 mg) ... Maybe it was a little bit less potent than what I expected, but marginally so.

So ... I won't further worry about the remaining of my batch, which is in proper storage conditions. Looks like this is not as unstable as I thought.

Last edited:
No, honestly these days the salts they form of tryptamines are all much more stable than the HCl or freebase versions that they all were back in the day. They figured out that acetates, fumarates and succinates (depending on the tryptamine) are much less prone to degradation. I remember receiving some 4-HO-DiPT freebase back in the day, and it turned into a black sticky goo in a matter of like a month. The HCl salts also seem rather unstable as far as the tryptamines go.

This summer I had some 4-aco-met and it was very white. I recently ordered some more and it is light brown. The consistency is also a little different.

Has anyone else ever received any of this product and it was very light brown?
I feel the vendor is a reliable. But you never really know anymore..

Mine is light brown. Haven't tested it with reagents but dosages and effects match the expected :p

Yeah every batch of 4-AcO-MET I've ever had was a tan, almost light brown color.

Received approximately 1g of 4-aco-met earlier this week. First night I tried approximately 10mg to test (don't have an mg scale, used a bic pen cap). Had a nice time, played some video games, read a bit, and fell asleep at around 4 am (started at 10pm). The next night, knowing I had a tolerance but wanting to try again since I enjoyed it so much, I took 50mg, Had no visuals, but a nice headspace. Drove to a store to pickup some DXM. Came back home, took a 200mg of dex, around 100mg of aco. In around 2 hours I was feeling quite well, I ended up shit posting on 4chan about how Alexander Shulgin was an autistic N**ga and I deeply respected his work. Fell asleep for a few hours, woke up and then got real weird, took around 100mg more dex and polished off another 400 mg of 4-aco-met, along with a shot or 2 of vodka. Tripped a few balls on my bed while watching Lost in bed, then fell asleep after 2 episodes. Woke up 3 hours later. During that time I also sent a text or 2 to some good friends and had some choice words for them. Still alive and feeling well, would not repeat: 8/10.

That's not a good introduction to this drug. I fine this one in between 4homet and 4acodmt. Pretty cool shit

Those are some heroic doses. Are you certain that what you have is in fact 4-aco-met?

This is a great example of how NOT to use psychedelic drugs.

Glad you're OK allclass, welcome to the forum :)

Those are some heroic doses. Are you certain that what you have is in fact 4-aco-met?

Yes quite, it was from a very reputable supplier. I have ordered some more. This is quality stuff, seems to have a similar toxicity profile as LSD (very little if not none).

ETA: Do not do what I did and try the substances if this happens to you. It was stupid and irresponsible by me and I'm happy to be ok. I ordered 10 g (was minimum you could order) from a Chinese chem-company a few weeks ago, recieved it this week. Thing is it's all supposed to be 4-aco-met but each bag looks different in color/shape. One is purple crystal, another white crystal, the rest tan/brownish. I saw in this thread that some others had been tan/brown? Ordered a marquis but I couldn't help myself and tried a bit from one of the bags. Did not get any visuals. Feels like , I get sweaty hands, had to use the toilet, slight but tolerable uneasy body load. I did not take as much as I did with the 4-aco-met I bought from a national seller, when I also redosed and had a nice trip on only a little. Thing is that the aco-met which I got from the national seller was pure white and showed positive in urine for 4-ho-met in GC/MS, but maybe that's natural since 4-aco-met is a prodrug to ho-met? I am not a chemist, obviously xD Did contant the chem-company but it's nighttime in China atm so can't get a response.

Here are the different bags (I do not expect you to guess about what it is, I am just showing them for interest):

u8WmRf2.jpg

Last edited:
I would bet that your provider sent you another client's order by mistake. Be very careful because you cannot know what these substances are, and some RCs can be dangerous in sub-milligram doses.
I would not try anything without testing in a lab first.

Thank you Mondeva. You are right. I was supposed to get white powder. I was too eager and shouldn't have tried it, foolish druggie as I am. Going to be interesting to see what the marquis says. Glad I only took a little and only from one.

Color or appearance don't indicate anything. (FWIW all the 4-AcO-MET I've ever had was tan/brown and sand-like)

Looks like indeed like your order was mixed up because this looks like a bunch of different substances.
Have you tried asking the supplier what each number stands for? They probably use those when shipping out orders.