View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 4-AcO-DMT Thread - Act Three

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only did this 3 times so far, the last time being, like 22mg I think. honestly i forget the exact doses but it was 15, 18 and 22 approx. I enjoyed the mental effects and some of the CEV, which weren't quite CEV, at times more like just active altered imagination. Open eye visual I found it to be VERY lacking.

Yo - take like 40mg, and then you will change your mind - on lower doses yes, it's a bit lacking visually, like 2c-b at lower doses, but crank it up a notch and the visuals cover your entire field of vision - amazing.

Yo - take like 40mg, and then you will change your mind - on lower doses yes, it's a bit lacking visually, like 2c-b at lower doses, but crank it up a notch and the visuals cover your entire field of vision - amazing.

I've taken 30mg (without tolerance, 90kg) and was able to observe OEV for about 30 minutes. Then it turned into inner experience, and I was almost not able to see anything outside. I guess if anyone is aiming OEV, it should be of a lower dose.

Last edited:
I had the same aim on Friday and used 30mg. It was very intensive experience and although it was something abolutely different than shrooms, I would say 30mg might be compared to 5g of dried ps. cubensis. Anyway, I wouldn't compare it to 5g of ps. bohemica, depends what strain of shroom you have experience with.

really? wow fair enough..it wasn't the case for me til about the 2.5 hour mark, when it came very much internal with slight visuals...which then turned into auditory hallucinations when I was peppersprayed in the eye.

Only did this 3 times so far, the last time being, like 22mg I think. honestly i forget the exact doses but it was 15, 18 and 22 approx. I enjoyed the mental effects and some of the CEV, which weren't quite CEV, at times more like just active altered imagination. Open eye visual I found it to be VERY lacking.

Taking 16mg of 2ci was much more visual for me and my tripping partner.

I got some anxiety on the comeup of 4aco, and it kind of made me hesitant to go higher. I realize this is probably just comeup related issues and would go away before peak but it has made me nervous about going much higher.

I'm wondering if there is a point where visuals get much better. Like a dose which once one goes past, the visual effects increase exponentially. Of course the dose won't be the same for everyone, but wondering if its like this, or just a slow linear increase.

Some reports I've read describe great visuals. I sure haven't had them. Depth of music and psychedelic thinking has made up for this, so I'm not disappointed in it overall, but would really like to see some decent visuals, like even just 15mg of 4-ho-mipt can produce amazing ones for me.

Maybe I'll try 4-ho-met for visuals... this stuff has been quite lacking for the amount of comeup anxiety I get.

25 mg is the threshold for me and alot of others Ive read. Its at that point that I start getting these incredibly intense almost solid, very long lasting, sometimes strobing tracers. VERY saturation-enhanced colors, strong afterimages... but very little in the way of "waving" or "morphing" like many other things. And pretty much ZERO mindfuck... 2C-I is remarkable for me in that it produces a very Zen-like state of mind in which thoughts and words seem to be turned off... everything becomes this pure glowing "OM" of being... but very emotionally stable or even emotion-free. One dude I know said he and his friends thought it was basically impossible to freak out on 2C-I, it creates such an emotionally stable and calm mindset... at least for us anyway.

And I NEVER had any anxiety. But I guess since I did it so much I know for sure I am not gonna have a heart problem or whatever, even when the comeup is extremely stimmy. Plus for me the stimmyness always ends by about at most 2hrs, to be replaced by glowing colors and amazing trails, so while it makes me rather figety... ZERO "anxiety".

But that's just me... YMMV on ANY of these things, naturally. Everyone's emotions and body might react VERY uniquely to ANY psychedelic, I believe... you just have to find what likes you and what you like... there are NO univerally true blanket statements... its all highly idiosyncratic.

I'd say closer to 20-25, myself. From what I hear, 4-ACO-DMT is pretty varied in how it effects people. If it's your first time with the substance, maybe try lower. I personally tripped pretty hard off 15mg. But I mean, ALSO, it all depends on what YOUR 5g of mushrooms is.

It also matters if your product is in the Fumerate form or the HCI.

Correct me if im wrong but, i think the HCI would be more potent per weight. As i have only had it in Fumerate i can not speak for the HCL

i took some of this for the first time yesterday- WOW!
i enjoyed it a lot more than i thought i would, considering how little i enjoy shrooms.
not much anxiety at all, it wasnt ever super intense but still intense enough to be enjoyable. I took 16-17mgs.

I thought it was pretty visual, but i did combine it with most of a box of whippits. the euphoria when combined with whippits was unreal- more intense than any ecstasy experience i can think of. The euphoria was so crazy all i could do was sit there and be stunned and hope to come back to reality in a bit. :D come to think of it i didnt really notice many visuals until combined with whippits, but i think i started on the whippits right as it really started to hit me so its hard to say. i had also smoked and taken phenibut so maybe that contributed to the euphoria- whatever it was im going to attempt it again because i was so content i just had a big smile on my face the whole night, while realizing how amazing nitrous is (first time tripping with it).

i hadnt planned on using this substance that much, but now im having a hard time deciding if i really need to try 4-ho-met.

Anyone here seen the potential of this stuff when used intraveinously? Extreme ++++ potential. If you do it, don't start with more than 15mg. 25mg IV gave my roommate an amazing ++++ that had him crying in hysterics for hours afterwards.

Really haven't noticed many negative effects with this stuff.

***NOTE*** Do not do this unless you are EXTREMELY prepared and have a SITTER. I have seen a bad freakout on 25mg IV in someone very experienced, so tread lightly.

25 mg IV seems like a very high starter dose. What other doses have you tried IVing at?

30mg IV prodcuced an extremely intense and somewhat disturbing experience. Caution is advised. If I were to try it again I would use a much lower dose.

On one of my experiences with 4-AcO-DMT at a ~16 mg dose, I got fairly strong nausea. Not unbearable, but alot like what I'd get from mushrooms. Does anyone else get nausea from 4-AcO-DMT?

4-aco-dmt Freebase Degradation

I can't find an open 4-aco-dmt big and dandy to post this in. I know the freebase degrades "very quickly" compared to the fumarate and hcl, but I'm just wondering just how fast that might be. I don't mind it degrading into psilocin, though I'd prefer it didn't, but I do mind it degrading into something that has no effect. It sits double bagged, in a dark box, in a freezer. It's a pure white powder, but there are some tan spots inside of it where I believe it's already degraded.

Last edited:
i believe i recall reading about a degradation study of 4-aco-something (mipt maybe) that reported numerous polymeric and n-acetyl rearrangements of the molecule. but i think you have several years in the freezer before it goes below 90% of its original effect.

remember that it takes less than 0.1% of a strong dye (like a polymeric compound) to make the whole bag look brown, blue, green, or what have you. so always assume it is 100% potent as it was last time, even if it becomes strongly colored.

That's comforting greenmeanie. I keep reading about how quickly the freebase degrades and it just makes me wonder if this stuff will be good 6 months down the line or even a year. I don't use it too often.

Thanks the google advice and link tunnelfission. That's perfect, lol. Funky forum search engine. Ah well.

there's also the PD Index link in big blue flashing letters at the top of PD ;) All the big & dandies are linked in there.

Merged

A great way to dose on 4-aco-dmt

Last night, I went out for a couple of glasses of champagne and beer and came home pleasantly buzzed. The kind of buzz that you can crawl into bed after drinking some water and just be like ahhhhhhh and pass out on.

I did exactly that except I took 20 mg of 4-aco-dmt before hand, and fell asleep. I woke up from crazy cool dreams, and the dream images continued after I woke up. When I first woke up I guess I was peaking, because openeye visuals were rich. It just seems like the combination of all of this played out the right way.

The best way I can think of to describe it is sleep disocciation and I'm not sure how accurate that is but it seems an awful lot like this drug does it's thing best when there are no disturbances and you're not interacting physically. Being completely relaxed that way, and border-line dreaming awake. <3

It seems also like a lot of people think that there's a relationship bertween dreams and dimethyl tryptamine like that. It was interesting to try this and I'm curious if anybody else has tried 4-aco-dmt or DMT this way? I'm very fond of the possibility of self-inducing lucid dreams and have even read a bit about it but I almost want to say this could be a really reliable means.

i'm glad it worked out for you that way. personally i think the apprehension of having dosed anything would make it impossible for me to fall asleep. but i usually toss and turn for 10+ minutes before dozing off anyway.

i agree that 4-aco-dmt (and mushrooms) have a very "visionary" character--- that is, the open-eye visuals are nice, but the true power comes in the dissociation and out of body meditation. the body component is quiet enough to allow you to slip away from this plane.

this is in contrast with 2c-e and 2c-i in my opinion, where the body component is strong enough to keep you grounded in 'reality' while you trip on the colors.

Status
Not open for further replies.