View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 4-AcO-DMT Thread - Act Three

Status
Not open for further replies.
^yeah a little MXE goes nicely with this substance.

And I've only had a couple of experiences with this, but if I used one word to describe my feeling about it thus far it would be "intrigued". I was initially expecting something like shrooms due to the psilocin, but it's different and not really like anything else I've tried.

There seems something wholesome and kind about it. After taking it I find I think a lot about the people in my life and how I might be better to them. I also think about how I could be kinder to myself.

It's like a multivitamin for the soul.

Bodyload? I hate to be guilty of making a sweeping generalization, but no way. This stuff is near identical to psilocin, which is well known to be almost intert to the PNS.

Idk so much about body load, I just had fairly uncomfortable nausea for the first half.

Granted I'd eaten a very low quality breakfast pretty early before, and it was a high dose (30mg) for a first time. Might have just been anxiety.

Bodyload? I hate to be guilty of making a sweeping generalization, but no way. This stuff is near identical to psilocin, which is well known to be almost intert to the PNS.

Sweeping statement indeed, I get bodyload from a lot of "inert" tryptamines. Different folks, different strokes, YMMV, etc... some of us just get sick from almost every psych out there :/

i love mushrooms to death low doses and high doses have done em many times,(i have done tons of research on these particular compounds i want so ill know as much as i can before i indulge them) i cant wait to try 4 aco dmt, every thing i hear about it makes me more interested in this compound more and more and i havent even got to touch any, my 500mg is on the way along with 250mg 4 ho met im almost dreaming about it in my sleep lol. gonna just shit all over my nice clean white carpet and wipe it on my walls because of all the excitment haha not really but never know.

take it easy everyone be safe, ill be back soon to tell everyone how i enjoyed 4 aco dmt

Last edited:
I sampled about 20mg last night. I felt it was on the order of an eighth of shrooms or close too it. It's not exactly the same as sacred mushrooms. I felt the effect was more trance like, definitely impaired. And the effect on the body had a vague chemical feel instead of mother earth herself embracing you. I had to steady myself with my hands for the journey to the toilet while peaking. There was a bit of twitching and jerking that I've never had on shrooms. When it was obvious I was too high to do anything except observe I put on a good movie I'd been saving. The movie was like in laser vision bright and highly defined. In the dark room the area around the tv was filled with shroomy billowing bags of flower and wavy line designs. I could not tell if I was hot or cold. Turns out I was hot, room was in the 80s and I was sweating but I still thought I might be cold. Feelings and thoughts is where the drug comes up short in comparison to real shrooms, which seems to be a pattern as I learn about RCs compared to the classic psychedelics. Have you ever watched some ordinary movie and been moved to tears on acid or shrooms? That didn't happen. No special emotions or insights.

Last edited:
The visuals for me were the most unique. My visuals on LSD and 2c-x are generally the same, mostly fractals and some mandalas as CEVs, and this weird shifting fractal overlay on everything I see when my eyes were open.

During my 4-aco-dmt experience, I had visuals like those, but they grew to become much more intense and complex. Eventually (with the help of some Biosphere), I was seeing morphing shapes that resembled a Calabi-Yau Manifold. Has anyone experienced visuals like that before? It looks like this:

220px-Calabi-Yau.png

Hey all, I'd like to share an interesting experience that I had with 4-AcO-DMT recently. Perhaps someone could help explain what happened to me, or perhaps verify if similar situations had happened to them?

I had an amount of freebase 4-AcO-DMT stored in a vodka solution for dosing. I had taken doses of variable size from this solution in the past, with results typical of 4-AcO-DMT. Since then, there was a bit of a gap in my 4-AcO-DMT usage, so the remaining amount stayed stored in solution.

A few days ago, I was curious to see if the 4-AcO-DMT was still potent, because it had been in solution for at least 2 months. I took a ~7mg dosage, enough fpr me to definitely notice effects, but not be tripping too hard. After an hour and a half, I felt practically nothing. (Any effects I noticed were not strong enough to be sure if they weren't placebo.) I figured my 4-AcO-DMT was probably not potent any more, but I wanted to be sure, so I took another 7mg. An hour and a half after the next 7mg I still felt nothing, so I called it a night.

2 or so hours after that, I suddenly started tripping, hard. It was like I had taken something like 20mg all at once (a fairly strong dose for me.) Keep in mind this was 5-6 hours after the first dose, about 4 hours after the second. The come on was surprising and unexpected, but the trip followed the normal curve for 4-AcO-DMT after I noticed effects.

TL;DR, Extremely delayed come up with possibly degraded 4-AcO-DMT? Has anyone had similar experiences? My come ups on 4-AcO-DMT are usually in the 30mins-1hr range. T'was a strange night, for sure.

Secondary question, does anyone know how long freebase 4-AcO-DMT will stay potent in an ethanol solution? Used to have a scale, but I had to sell it, so now liquid dosing is my only option. 8)

Hey all, I'd like to share an interesting experience that I had with 4-AcO-DMT recently. Perhaps someone could help explain what happened to me, or perhaps verify if similar situations had happened to them?

I had an amount of freebase 4-AcO-DMT stored in a vodka solution for dosing. I had taken doses of variable size from this solution in the past, with results typical of 4-AcO-DMT. Since then, there was a bit of a gap in my 4-AcO-DMT usage, so the remaining amount stayed stored in solution.

A few days ago, I was curious to see if the 4-AcO-DMT was still potent, because it had been in solution for at least 2 months. I took a ~7mg dosage, enough fpr me to definitely notice effects, but not be tripping too hard. After an hour and a half, I felt practically nothing. (Any effects I noticed were not strong enough to be sure if they weren't placebo.) I figured my 4-AcO-DMT was probably not potent any more, but I wanted to be sure, so I took another 7mg. An hour and a half after the next 7mg I still felt nothing, so I called it a night.

2 or so hours after that, I suddenly started tripping, hard. It was like I had taken something like 20mg all at once (a fairly strong dose for me.) Keep in mind this was 5-6 hours after the first dose, about 4 hours after the second. The come on was surprising and unexpected, but the trip followed the normal curve for 4-AcO-DMT after I noticed effects.

TL;DR, Extremely delayed come up with possibly degraded 4-AcO-DMT? Has anyone had similar experiences? My come ups on 4-AcO-DMT are usually in the 30mins-1hr range. T'was a strange night, for sure.

Secondary question, does anyone know how long freebase 4-AcO-DMT will stay potent in an ethanol solution? Used to have a scale, but I had to sell it, so now liquid dosing is my only option.

Your trip report seems very familiar with my first experience with this sustance (analized as 4-acodmt + 4hodmt + synthesis subproducts). 5 hours delayed, same as you! (the chemical was stored at summer room temp like 3-4 months before the ingestion), but in my particular case not only the trip was delayed, I suffered very nasty side effects for 4aco and too strong dose response effect. The side effects was extreme negative mindfuck (I didn't experienced that other times on 4-aco), very pronunced decrease of temperature and (never ocurred other times) "poisonous bodyload", with very violent vomiting repeated times. The sickness was much worse on movement... Even after good experiences with the chemical, this difficult time makes me reluctant to trip on 4-aco-dmt... Can be degraded products responsible of this?

Last edited:
Hello. I've had 15 mg of 4-AcO-DMT since November but have failed to store it properly due to being a jack-ass. It was gray or light brown powder which I placed inside a capsule (probably not airtight) and kept in room temperature inside a plastic VHS case for about two months, then finally moved it into a zip-lock bag and in the freezer where it has been since. What do think the chances are it's still potent (and what kind of threat might degradation pose to me)? :\

Ondine, I've definitely seen visuals like the picture you posted when on 4-AcO-DMT. The edges are constantly shifting around over and through each other, and it's all overlaid over my normal vision for most of the trip. I get more yellows and greens though, not so much purple.

I get really nasty debilitating nausea with this stuff though. I spend the first third of the trip feeling like I'm on the verge of throwing up. Does anybody have any advice for dealing with this? (Other than smoking some weed, because I don't do that :)) I've tried taking benadryl and ginger pills beforehand, but it doesn't seem to help much. It's the only thing keeping me from using it more often...

Now that this chem has been out for awhile, what are people's experiences with the true rate of degradation of the fumarate salt? I read somewhere on here that someone who had purchased some around the same time as me had their stuff tested and 70% had degraded to psilocin. Is this pretty much on par with what most are finding after some months at room temperature?

Regarding tolerance:

I know that the general rule with LSD/Shrooms is to wait at least a week before using again, so I'm assuming the same case for 4-aco-dmt.

I did 30mg last saturday and it was quite an experience, but by no means too much to handle.

For some reason (I'm not totally sure why, I just do shit like this sometimes), I dosed 20mg this morning.

Definitely felt it, but the visuals were weaker and it was a shorter experience overall.

A bunch of friends of mine want to trip on various things this saturday (some 2c-b, shrooms and acid).
I'm wondering if doing my remaining 50mg of 4-aco will send me on the astro-journey I'm hoping to achieve if I do it this saturday. At least I might augment it with some 2c-b and/or a gram or two of shrooms.

Any opinions on how that might work out?

In my experience with LSD, I've found that if I trip on 1 tab, I can trip almost just as hard the next day if I take 2-3 tabs, so that experience is sort of what I'm basing this off of.

It's finals week and a lot of my friends are leaving the area, so I really do feel like time is of the essence.

I've taken 4-AcO only a week after the last dose, both were about the same dosage and were basically equal intensity (besides the fact that the first time was my first time with the substance ever, so it was magical). But as a rule of thumb, I like to put at least two weeks (although preferably at least a month) between trips.

going to do 40mg of 4-aco+ 25 or so mg of 2c-b in a little bit.

The thing is, I just ate (didn't eat much yesterday and I'm a skinny dude so I needed something in my stomach.)

Any idea how long I should wait before dropping?

going to do 40mg of 4-aco+ 25 or so mg of 2c-b in a little bit.

The thing is, I just ate (didn't eat much yesterday and I'm a skinny dude so I needed something in my stomach.)

Any idea how long I should wait before dropping?

Would be interesting to hear about your experience with this combination. Two very different compounds, one is very stimulating and the other quite sedating. For me these kind of combinations are usually not especially enjoyable as there's not enough synergy between a stimulating and sedating compound, but who knows, you might have a great trip.

I would wait a few hours before taking anything if you take them orally. Better on an empty stomach, there might be less nausea too (if you get nausea from 2C-B or 4-AcO-DMT). Or then just take them sublingually or insufflate them if you don't want to wait.

Tried 4-aco for the first time and thought it was pretty good. Had 16 mg. Very shroom like but definitely different. The body high was powerful and sedating but felt amazing and I got no nausea. Didn't seem to be quite as giggly as mushrooms, it was more of a serious mind trip for me.

At time's this stuff felt very magical, but at others very serious and dark. I felt like I was seeing ghosts outlined in the empty silhouettes of chairs and shit like that. 4-aco is damn powerful but it has a calming, relaxing sense about it. Definitely amazing though!

I tried 4-aco a few times about three weeks ago, and I got a chance to trip on Mushrooms a few days ago. Both are very similar but I would prefer the Mushrooms anyday even with the bodyload. It's better visually, and alot more introspective. My mushroom trips are always life-changing...even the bad ones. 4-Aco is very euphoric, has no body load, and it's a ton of fun but nothing beats good ole' psilocybin for therapeutic use...except for maybe 4-Ho-dmt (psilocin) which I haven't tried yet. That's on my to-do list though. We're all different though so that's just my personal experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.