View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 4-AcO-DMT Thread - Act Four

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I would probably give it a go anyhow but I have no access to it and not too worried although 'friendlier' would be a big impovement.

Does anyone have any thoughts on what caused the blue-lips and feeling of being very cold during my last trip? Vasoconstriction, presumably? And what about all of the clear snot?

Does anyone have any thoughts on what caused the blue-lips and feeling of being very cold during my last trip? Vasoconstriction, presumably? And what about all of the clear snot?

Blue lips and cold do suggest vasoconstriction. What dosage did you observe this at? Any other drugs and/or supplements near the time of the experience that you can remember?

As for snot, yeah mucous production can be increased, as can be tear production...not sure the mechanism, 5-ht3 agonism maybe? (am not well versed yet in such things)

Yawns and lack of coordination are also common. Never personally had that level of vasoconstriction, but have heard of other such reports from the usage of psilocybe mushrooms among other tryptamines. Perhaps some are more sensitive to this effect than others?

The blue lips and cold feelings do suggest vasoconstriction, but 4-AcO-DMT isn't reported to cause especially extreme vasoconstriction in others. DMT also tends to cause a lot of mucus production and tearing. Maybe the body is mistaking it for histamine.

25mg 4-AcO-DMT + 1.2mg 25B-NBOMe? What do you guys think?

Mostly going for the combo because the quality of this batch of 4-AcO that I have is pretty poor. Shorter duration than I'm used it, and generally less effective at 25-30mg than it should be.
If I'm trying to lengthen the experience, how should I time the dosing of these?

If anyone is wondering, it was a GREAT combo. Friends and I tripped absolute balls. Took the 25B first, and then the 4-AcO about 45 minutes later. Great trip in all aspects. I recommend it.

If anyone is wondering, it was a GREAT combo. Friends and I tripped absolute balls. Took the 25B first, and then the 4-AcO about 45 minutes later. Great trip in all aspects. I recommend it.

I've been meaning to try that combination for awhile. They seem like they would blend together very nicely. Would you change the timing of your dose at all or would you say that you got the timing right?

What was your ROA for the 25B? Also, you took the 4-ACO 45 minutes after dosing the 25B, not 45 minutes after you started to feel it, correct?

I've been meaning to try that combination for awhile. They seem like they would blend together very nicely. Would you change the timing of your dose at all or would you say that you got the timing right?

What was your ROA for the 25B? Also, you took the 4-ACO 45 minutes after dosing the 25B, not 45 minutes after you started to feel it, correct?

The timing seemed pretty right. Yeah, 4-AcO was dosed 45 minutes after taking the 25B, once we had swallowed the tab. Probably didn't need to keep it in our mouths for that long, but I wanted to make sure we absorbed it all, lol. ROA for 25B was buccal.

And they did blend well. Started coming up on the 25B first, which IMO has an easier come-up than 4-AcO. Couldn't tell exactly when the 4-AcO came on, because of how nicely they played together. I liked that the 25B provided stimulation, because at least for me, 4-AcO is pretty sedating. And the 4-AcO definitely added much-needed depth to 25B.
In the future, I might try this combo again, but with a slightly lower dose of 4-AcO.

I have a question about the degradation of 4-Aco-DMT.

Perfumers use Rosemary to keep certain non-psychoactive extracts from cannabis from degrading (it actually prevents oxidation or something like that), and I was wondering if there was a way to keep something like 4-Aco-DMT from degrading with some kind of natural oil.

Also, we always look at "5-Meo" and "4-Aco" and such as "additional" changes to a DMT molecule, but what if we viewed them as precursors to further expansion of the DMT, like a molecular "bridge", instead of designer tweak.

You can prevent degradation of your 4-AcO-DMT by storing it under nitrogen to prevent the molecules from interacting with air. Then just keep it cold and away from light.

You can prevent degradation of your 4-AcO-DMT by storing it under nitrogen to prevent the molecules from interacting with air. Then just keep it cold and away from light.

So, an oil that contains some kind of super nitrogen saturated molecule could possibly work?

And what is the actual issue? Oxydizing? Decarboxylizing? What happens with the air?

I don't think an essential oil would be appropriate to preserve a compound, nitrogen gas is used because it is inert and will not react with the molecules you want to preserve. Air is mostly nitrogen but it also has a lot of oxygen which can degrade molecules. There's a number of other molecules that could also degrade compounds that are found in air but air-free technique mostly aims to prevent water and oxygen from degrading chemicals.

I don't think an essential oil would be appropriate to preserve a compound, nitrogen gas is used because it is inert and will not react with the molecules you want to preserve. Air is mostly nitrogen but it also has a lot of oxygen which can degrade molecules. There's a number of other molecules that could also degrade compounds that are found in air but air-free technique mostly aims to prevent water and oxygen from degrading chemicals.

I understand that it is not desirable for lab conditions, but if someone just wanted to keep their 1g for a few years, figuring this out could be handy.

Do you have the 4-AcO-DMT freebase? Just keep it in a bag without any air in a fridge where light/moisture can't get to it. I've had mine for a few years and haven't had any degradation.

Put it in as small a bottle as it will fit in=less air space...then put the shit in the freezer.
The freezer in ANY container would be fine, the little bottle is to make YOU feel better. If you're gonna keep it more than 3 years then MAYBE you should take more drastic steps.
You're overthinking this shit.
I'm guessing you have a salt? either way it'll be OK.

Do you have the 4-AcO-DMT freebase? Just keep it in a bag without any air in a fridge where light/moisture can't get to it. I've had mine for a few years and haven't had any degradation.

I did a while back, but it all turned brown and I moved and left it at the old place. I should have kept it in the freezer. It was "Formate" though I think is what the site said.

Fumarate? That should be stable enough to last you a few years, the fridge/freezer may not even be necessary but I suppose it couldn't hurt, unless moisture finds its way in.

I'm pretty sure oxidation is the cause of degredation but I could be wrong, either way your totally overthinking it SF. I'm sure you could get a tryptamine to last your lifetime if you stick it inside an amber vial, fill it with argon, and throw it in the freezer.

Fumarate? That should be stable enough to last you a few years, the fridge/freezer may not even be necessary but I suppose it couldn't hurt, unless moisture finds its way in.

Yes, Fumarate, that was it.

It turned brown after just a few weeks, and I moved like 2 weeks after that.

I'm pretty sure oxidation is the cause of degredation but I could be wrong, either way your totally overthinking it SF. I'm sure you could get a tryptamine to last your lifetime if you stick it inside an amber vial, fill it with argon, and throw it in the freezer.

If Oxidation is the case, then Rosemary oil should work for anyone that ever reads this that might want to know that.

I did not think of the freezer.

And I was also wondering, what do you guys think about using the 4-aco placement to create a new bond? That oxygen is just yelling "Do Something!!!"

636px-O-Acetylpsilocin_chemical_structure.png

Status
Not open for further replies.