• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy 4-AcO-DMT Thread - Act Five

^Every person is different. 4-AcO-DMT is a favorite psychedelic medicine of mine.

Truly beautiful effects. Real psilocybe cubensis mushrooms are even better.

does degraded 4-Aco-DMT smell like vinegar? because if ester hydrolysis occurs, it should produce acetic acid.

does degraded 4-Aco-DMT smell like vinegar? because if ester hydrolysis occurs, it should produce acetic acid.
All of the obviously degraded 4-Aco-DMT I've ever dealt with (brown goop) had no vinegar smell whatsoever but the latest batch I aquired has an extremeley strong vinegar smell, it's has the appareance of brown powder that's not clumpy but like a fine brown sand. I could literally smell the vinegar through the vaccum sealed bag and through the mailing envelope lol.
I was very concerned about the quality/ degradation of this batch of 4-Aco-DMT until it was bioassyed and appeares to be equipotent to any of the "pure white" batches I've aquired over the years from many different vendors.

The molecule has different appearances depending on the salt and/or degradation. People often report darker 4-AcO-tryptamines retain potency. I expect the purest 4-AcO-DMT could have the appearance 4-PO-DMT has here.

psilocybin_crystals__i2014e0223_disp.jpg

https://erowid.org/chemicals/show_image.php?i=psilocybin/psilocybin_crystals__i2014e0223_disp.jpg

This was probably crystallized in an inert atmosphere in Nichol's lab.

Last edited:
18mg 4-ACO-DMT, fumarate salt, dissolved in 2ml of water, injected intravenously was astoundingly powerful. I thought I'd be up to the task -- I really wasn't. I watched the postive vibes collapse and wither all around me and the negative ones took over. I had to abort with 6mg etizolam, and shortly after that, maybe an hour later--I passed out for 5 hours. I should have waited until setting and mindset were in a better place. Also, I won't be playing with this stuff IV again for a bit. lol Very potent.

In fact, it wasn't but a few seconds after injection that I started seeing the fastest mandelbrot animation before my eyes, almost opaque, so I couldn't see much beyond it -- it overwhelmed me and I didn't know how to enjoy it. I moved from room to room, actually in a bit of a panic. Standing up, pacing, laying down, getting back up. I have never experienced closed-eye visuals like that before. I thought I'd really fucked myself, and I'm no noob to psychedelics. This is so much more potent, IV at least, than any lysergamide or tryptamine I've tried, even at 18mg. I think I needed that, just to remind me I'm playing with fire.

I was humbled.

Last edited:
Ok so my vendor wanted to send me a sample of 4-Aco-dmt hcl. I assume what I have always gotten from him is the furmate and the stuff that has always been a fine white powder. I have also recieved some from a different vendor that I believe was furmate as well, and it was very light tan(more of a very very light pink maybe)

So this sample came in the other day. I have yet to try it, since my psychedelic escapade at the beach about 2 weeks ago, I was giving my mind and body a little rest and wanted my tolerance go down..

The sample I just got looks very different from any of the other 4-Aco-Dmt I have ever recieved. It is brownish tan and kinda clumpy. I believe my vendor that it is the hcl. I have done my research on the difference (which seems to mostly be potency and degradation) but couldn't find what it looks like vs the furmate

Does anyone else have experience with the 4-aco-dmt hcl form? And also what did the hcl look like they was received? Was it any different or better than the furmate?

I plan to research this stuff very soon tho!

Smoked 30mgs of 4-aco-dmt fumerate on top of some weed out of my bubbler and had an amazing time, awesome body high and visuals for 3 hours almost, but when I try to find other reports of this ROA the general consensus says it is ineffective...what am I doing that other people are not... the high was amazing really like DMT lite with some longevity haha

I just don't know how that would be possible I ordered from a pretty reputable source and the MSDS states that it is a Fumarate and since ordering it I have made no altercations and I've kept it in an amber glass vial in a cooler

Not possible??? Really???
I'd say more like not likely but it's certainly possible. I feel that most vendors just download an MSDS for whatever product their selling and send that with your order.
I just today recieved some Glaucine in hydrobromide salt form but the MSDS was for the freebase that came with it.
Maybe your super reputable vendor got some freebase 4-aco-dmt when he ordered the fumarate and now is selling it. That is at least possible

As I said "I do not know how it would be possible" and I order from a lab who produce this stuff personally, not a vendor getting it second hand. As for the appearance it's an off white light amber color powder, and I have tested the same batch by insufflation and orally as well with comparable effects to the fumarate dosage.... would a freebase have the same effects as the fumarate in an oral dose?

The freebase should be more potent by weight orally but if it's freebase it should not work by insuffilation.
Not to confuse the situation any further but I've never been able to get much of an effect from 4-Aco-DMT from insuffilating the fumarate even.
I get threshold effects from as little as 7mg oral but I've snorted like 30mg and just got an ill feeling and needed to sit down for about half an hour. Zero visuals. Works perfect for me orally though.
I have no explanation why it works for you via smoking if you do have the fumarate salt.

Yeah snorting acetapsilocin has been my go to ROA for this substance the past 3 years and I love it. I tend to have a weak stomach on certain psychedelics so snorting a good line of 4-aco-dmt gets me the visuals, body high, and mental state I look for in a tryptamine . This batch has been no different, awesome to snort but last night when I randomly decided to try some on a bowl it blew me away... the stuff bubbled up pretty quickly and within 5 minutes I was blasted. Anyways no complaints just curious if anyone else has had a similar experience...idk if the water filtration from the bubbler influenced the chemical makeup of the smoke to a point where it caused an unprecedented effect, but that just seems unlikely

ehm people regularly smoke / vaporize methamphetamine salts and the like. to say that salts cannot be vaped is just incorrect.

My understanding was that it is difficult to vaporize the fumarate salt specifically. I don't know if the the Hcl might be easier.
My one attempt at smoking the fumarate had zero effect at all beyond possible placebo.

Retried this last Thursday and still had strong effects after smoking 2 bowls with 30mg on each... going to try vaporizing with a glass wand next time

I tried this for the first time last night and was pleasantly surprised. Just an allergy dose of 5 mg followed by another 7 mg 15 minutes later I was tripping at 30 mins and peaking after about 1 hour for another hour or so, dropping off in intensity fairly rapidly and close to baseline after 5. Very short duration but quite intense visually, especially CEVs which I consider to be more DMT-like than mushroom-like although I haven't done DMT yet. The headspace really was nothing at all like mushroom trips that I've had in the past although it has been a very long time since I've been able to get a hold of any (30 years). It definitely had an artificial feel about it, not as deep as mushrooms in terms of anxiety/mindfuck and I found it hard to concentrate on what was being said. I felt quite zonked out and a bit stoned and stupid tbh. The bodyload was negligible and I felt quite relaxed and comfortable. I wouldn't be scared to try this again at 25 mg in a week or two from now. Looking forward to the next one.