• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy 4-AcO-DET Thread

Generally speaking, I feel that the AcO's yield a somewhat fuller and longer-lasting experience. Regarding a mixture of 4-AcO-DET and DPT, it might be alright, but I would go easy on the dosages. If I were to try this combination, I would go for no more than 20mg oral of the former and no more than 50mg insufflated of the latter; the former ingested first and the latter thirty minutes later.

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, I regard 4-AcO-DET very highly. For me, this is the finest of the 4-sub tryptamines, along with 4-AcO-DMT, and in some ways, I prefer it.

It's interesting that Goddess Mode regards this material as being "dark". I can see why she generally (but positively) responds to it in this manner, though, as this drug has a very "earthy" character. For me, 4-AcO-DET is warm, reassuring and iridescent, like a star-filled night sky in late summer or early autumn. Indeed, I would describe this compound as nocturne-like, and it's easy for me to luxuriate in its intimate opulence.

That is a very nice description of it, I do love this compound myself as well. <3 Actually, even when I vaporized it and started to breach hyperspace, it still felt very earthy despite seeming alien at the same time, like the netherworld I saw was more like a corner of reality we don't normally see rather than another reality all together.... It's really something I want to experiment with much more, it's definitely one of the most unique research chemicals I've tried so far.

have you tried 4 aco met?

the set is truly great, but its also the first sub 4 I've had, and i have deveopled a tolerance since then so i think that has skewed my perspective on the others

4-AcO-MET is great, I honestly have a hard time deciding between it and 4-AcO-DET sometimes. I still pick the latter usually because it can dissolve my ego much more efficiently than the former, but 4-AcO-MET has by far the most amazing visual effects I've ever gotten from any psychedelic. Truly beautiful stuff really, like rainbow virtual reality hyperspace exploding into the room around me....

Why is your preference the acetoxy over the hydroxy? Also, I've read some people think that DPT has a somewhat dark edge; would that make an interesting combo with this substance?

Personally the hydroxys seem to be a little more sexual to me, but the acetoxys are a little bit psychologically deeper and smoother, and both of these things will effect the visuals by way of changing my emotional state and mental processes. Otherwise I find them mostly interchangeable.

About combining, I'll just say that 4-HO-DET synergized extremely well with (my admittedly already sort of high dose of) LSD, it was much more than just additive.... Actually, it was pretty much the strongest trip I've ever had. Given that, I have to imagine that mixing 4-AcO-DET with DPT could be completely mind-boggling.... I haven't gotten to try a full dose of DPT yet myself, but based on what I've heard of it, I would think that on top of 4-AcO-DET it could rip your ego to shreds. Honestly I'll probably give this combo a try myself one of these days, my DPT availability right now is limited so I'd like to try mixing it with things....

Ive taken around 20mg tonight. it was strong tonight, more then my last time with the same dosage.
Ive had overall a nice trip, crazy visual, very deep for me as always, until one moment:
my cat was on me and suddenly, he looks up in the air and scram the fuck out, totally scared. what he saw, I felt.
it was very dark and all my room and smh me, something inside me? seemed to be filled with darkness and it seemed it was around me.
that was very scary for me as I couldnt help but feel that something negative was in the upper corner and around me. the fact that my cat really was looking at it almost following it around the room in the upper part of my room, for a long time, and I was trying to calm him but I knew he was seeing something I didnt, but felt, and that it was really there smh. damn. very very scared for a moment. Ive concentrated myself on love and induced in me loving kindness concentration and within 5 minutes, I was afraid anymore, but that was very freaky for a moment. the sad thing is that just before that moment, I was in pure bliss totally connected with the light of love, fully immersed in love. then out of a sudden, my cat started freaking out, ect.

after that incident, Ive been able to calm myself down in like 10 minutes. but those 10 minutes were scary.
4 aco det doesnt last long at all, the peak was 2 hour and the visual come down very fast after the peak. id say its 40 minute come up, peak for 1h, plateau for another hour and a half max then comedown.

anyways, my setting wasnt perfect as im tripping way to much recently and I got a big warning. stop fucking around!

Last edited:
First of all, lamanoguacha: I'm sorry it took so long for me to get back to you, but thank you for the message! I tried to send you a more full response than that, but your inbox is apparently full. You may want to clear it out in case anyone else wants to PM you in the future. :)

Second of all....

This is not a trip report from myself, but I figured that I should come here to share some of this information just in case anyone was wondering or concerned. I actually saw a friend, with basically no current psychedelic tolerance and no experience with this compound, take 30 mg of 4-AcO-DET orally last night and then vaporize another 20 mg between a bowl of cannabis while peaking. I know that some people have been wondering about vaporization and just about pushing higher with this chemical in general, so I figured it was worth noting that this friend did not seem to experience any negative physical consequences from this dose/route mixture. I was carefully observing his breathing rate and general physical state while he would be off in his own world too and I also didn't notice anything significantly different from normal. He credited the vaporized dose with dramatically increasing the strength of the trip he was already experiencing, and I noted that after that hit he went from seeming stimulated but mostly lucid to tripping over his own words and not really being able to finish complete sentences, though still very much in control of his own actions. Maybe fifteen or twenty minutes later we went outside and he did a balloon of nitrous oxide, in which he laughed so hard that snot came pouring out of his nose, which is I guess the one thing you may want to watch out for because it was pretty nasty to see lol. As for his actual experience with it though, I had never seen him get hit so hard by a balloon, laughing like a mad man, and practically the only thing he could put into words afterword was how amazing it was. He had a very difficult time describing his experience in general, which is something I also find to be common with 4-AcO-DET, but claimed that it was very refreshing and just what he needed. He also noted the distinct lack of very strong visuals or body high, not that these things weren't present at all, but was okay with that because he was looking for a more mental trip. Pretty much high ratings from him all around.

Anyway, just thought I'd leave this here....

goes to show how it can affect people so differently.....i got massive visuals off of this one.....would love to try the vaping though

how was that done?

Very differently indeed, for me 4-AcO-DET also has shockingly few visuals! Though, the level to which it is dissociating and enhances my visual imagination is so severe compared to other psychedelics that I imagine that a dose which brought it completely into my external reality would suddenly flip and make it seem extremely visual. One of these days. ;)

The vaporization was done the same way that I would smoke DMT out of a bong (as this was), which would be this setup:

*** <--- Flame
___ <--- Empty Space
XXX <--- Thick Cannabis Layer
ooo <--- 4-AcO-DET
xxx <--- Thin Cannabis Layer

Then, just very lightly tapping the flame down on the top cannabis layer so that it starts to heat up the 4-AcO-DET, and then just doing that in a two or three hits until there's nothing left and you can just pull the rest through. This has worked both times that I've prepared it so far, so it seems to be effective enough to achieve a significant level of psychedelia, but this is also the only way I've ever tried it, so I really can't compare to how it would be for potency with like a GVG and an extremely precise technique or something. You may have to experiment a bit, but this method should at least get you started!

First of all, lamanogaucha: I'm sorry that it took so long for me to get back to you, but thank you for the message! I tried to send you a more full response, but your inbox is apparently full. You may want to clear it out, in case anyone else wants to PM you in the future. :)

Hey! I'm sorry about that, Goddess! My work load has been heavier than usual lately, so I haven't had a proper chance to read BL for a couple of weeks... and it promises to stay that way for another one or two. Anyhow, I made plenty of space in my inbox, so shoot me a message whenever you like. I check for messages daily, but I didn't notice that my box was full! Silly me... Thanx for the rest of your post. It's an interesting read.

For the record, my lowest dose of 4-AcO-DET was 20mg and my highest was 45mg. My preferred dosages are 35mg and 40mg. I invariably take this compound via oral ROA.

Regarding the 45mg trial, that was one of the most beautiful and meaningful psychedelic experiences of my life: the rare ++++. I'll withhold describing that experience here, though, because that description is reserved for a book that I've been working on for some years (and which will take a few more to complete).

Last edited:
No worries! I haven't been around much either, life has been very busy lately and it's probably only going to get worse before it gets better, I'm mostly just on in short blips like this now. Anyway, I'll send you something again when I have the opportunity. :)

I'll bet that 45 mg dose was amazing! I'll have to keep my eye out for the book, hehe. I've still been working up the guts to go that high, I've been very picky about my set and settings when chances arrive lol. I have no doubt that it can take you to those mystical states quite easily though, as it felt that way for me even at 30 mg. It's not incredibly visual on the external world for me at that dose though, but it's verging on it.... I can imagine that things would get quite a bit more intense than they have for me already when I push it that much higher. I really should get around to that some time soon. >.>

Last year I took 25mg of a 4-aco-dmt 4 times, I only had a good trip once, like I've read in the appropriate thread for it, it seems people get more and more anxiety and not much worthwhile thoughts even with ^^. Is 4-aco-det like this too? I can finally buy 100mg for pretty cheap, which would be 4 doses too? 4 medium/normal doses? I would be preloaded with benzos anyway (benzohead here, legally and gray legally...it's not as bad as it used to be but with psychedelics I have to take double my dose of daily valium before going in, it doesn't reduce effects for me at all). Because the 3rd and 4th time were totally horrible trips with barely any visuals and no happiness and fun visuals. Usually watching old movies or cartoons will push the visuals button for me and they will be everywhere and I can even turn off the tv or computer and things will continue to be pleasant. I'm extremely experienced with LSD (250 trips or so over 11 years, it's over now though, I don't know where my guy is these days), unfortunately experienced with Surprise DOB so even if I'm a benzohead, if I'm properly benz'd I am not a nervous/panicky person, psychedelics or not.

Just want to make sure this isn't sharing the typical increasingly unpleasant experiences, even if months or 3 weeks or so seperate each experiences of 4-aco-dmt. It is also the fumarate of 4-aco-det.

Uh hello, have psychonauts become that rare on BL of all places? Please I need some info before I throw my hard earned money away.

Ah I forgot to reply to this earlier. I personally have never found any psychedelic to give me increasing anxiety the more times I do it, usually the opposite in fact, and that includes 4-AcO-DMT. I find 4-AcO-DET to cause more anxiety than 4-AcO-DMT... take that for what it's worth. I think 4-AcO-DET is a great substance though, it's kind of an intense, emotionally charged, occasionally jagged trip but it's very powerful and beautiful. I can't tell you whether you'll experience increasing anxiety with it though.

Thanks Xorkoth and sorry for the late thanks :)

Yes, I found 4-aco-dmt to be very emotionally charged, the last 2 trips I didn't enjoy, I was judging myself extremely harshly once the intensely visual part was done with.

I hear 4-ho(aco?)-mpt might be more in the ballpark if I want to assuredly have more fun, I ask because both are an option for me and one of the 4-xxx-mipt's also, I can't tell which now. I'm very used to LSD like if I was to do a couple of blotter from where I can get it since the year 2000? (it's not the usual 45ug ish stuff that circulates the US when it's not something else entirely).

LSD, I can handle a plenty (had it 235 times according to this txt i carry around since a pentium 100 used to hold the info and I find it to be a lot less harsh mentally than the shorter acting tryptamines.

Last edited:
Id like to know as well as 4 aco dmt was hard a bit like you explained for me and the other friend the two times we dosed.

very harsh mentally indeed with exaggerated sense of being a bad person lol.
I wonder what 4 aco would be recommended to avoid that.
its weird as even with shroom I dont get that bad of a vibe
Last year I took 25mg of a 4-aco-dmt 4 times, I only had a good trip once, like I've read in the appropriate thread for it, it seems people get more and more anxiety and not much worthwhile thoughts even with ^^. Is 4-aco-det like this too? I can finally buy 100mg for pretty cheap, which would be 4 doses too? 4 medium/normal doses? I would be preloaded with benzos anyway (benzohead here, legally and gray legally...it's not as bad as it used to be but with psychedelics I have to take double my dose of daily valium before going in, it doesn't reduce effects for me at all). Because the 3rd and 4th time were totally horrible trips with barely any visuals and no happiness and fun visuals. Usually watching old movies or cartoons will push the visuals button for me and they will be everywhere and I can even turn off the tv or computer and things will continue to be pleasant. I'm extremely experienced with LSD (250 trips or so over 11 years, it's over now though, I don't know where my guy is these days), unfortunately experienced with Surprise DOB so even if I'm a benzohead, if I'm properly benz'd I am not a nervous/panicky person, psychedelics or not.

Just want to make sure this isn't sharing the typical increasingly unpleasant experiences, even if months or 3 weeks or so seperate each experiences of 4-aco-dmt. It is also the fumarate of 4-aco-det.

Id like to know as well as 4 aco dmt was hard a bit like you explained for me and the other friend the two times we dosed.

very harsh mentally indeed with exaggerated sense of being a bad person lol.
I wonder what 4 aco would be recommended to avoid that.
its weird as even with shroom I dont get that bad of a vibe

It was deeper than general feeling of being a bad person. It was throwing in my face all the plans I say I will do but never do, which wouldn't be much, anything outside work and I'm drained and I can't keep most promises and responsabilities and I was feeling deep empathy to the people who think I can easily be better than this. Anyway, not fun to reflect on this at 3:30 am with zero visuals but a really mean headspace. Shrooms don't cause this to me either.

I found my one 4-AcO-DET experience to be similar to this as well... very few visuals, and a pretty in-your-face state of mind. I spent an hour or so very disturbed about some possibly phantom physical sensations in my teeth that led me into thinking about how I am getting older and I need to take care of myself. The trip really focused on my mortality and it was pretty difficult for a while. Then eventually I worked through it and emerged into a slightly frazzled but beautiful mindstate and euphoria, where I felt like I was brushing against a complete control over my mind and muscles to an almost computer-like degree. I played some music along with Santana's Abraxus album along with my bass player tripping companion and had a really powerful learning experience. Overall it was a sinewy sort of trip, powerful, deep, edgy and personal and containing a lot of darkness with the light. Barely any visuals to speak of. I'll repeat it again someday but it wasn't something to take lightly, I felt.

Wow..:.i got killer visuals off this one....and it didnt take much....doesnt last long thougj...2 hours up and down

Hmm, weird, lasted a good 5 hours for me. Funny how different everyone is wit psychedelics.

Is there a 4-ho-det thread ? Is it any different? I'm thinking if I handle shrooms just fine, maybe 4-ho-xxT is the way to go for me. Although I've read some 4-aco/4-ho are basically the same because they turn into the ho, but I think have the 4-ho right away is what causes the dramatic change of 4-ho-dmt compared to 4-aco-dmt for me.

I can also obtain it and other things I didn't even know existed when out of the loop being told are much more "fun" like 4-ho-MPT and and 4-ho-TMT(is that right?, won't verify right now, I'm having problem existing and not going mad into an urticaria bout because of a damn birch allergy and we're in season indeed and i'm out of any antihistamine, if they wont renew my hydroxyzine faster than normal I'll have to spend a bunch on desloratadine (works so much better than loratadine...not a case of let's make a new patent" for me).

Yeah there's a 4-HO-DET thread, and no they're not the same drug, there are of course a lot of similarities but the 4-HO and 4-AcO versions of each tryptamine are not identical.

4-HO-DET thread