View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 3-MeO-PCP Thread - Mad Manic Meo 3nity

Status
Not open for further replies.
How often was your usage xammy? I felt grand dosing daily for a few months but I'm sure it's not healthy, and now it feels pretty awful when I take it, so I'll be taking a long break. I'm looking forward to being able to enjoy it on an occasional basis again though after a good detox, I don't even want to say how good it is. >.> It's interesting how it's terrible for some people and perfect medicine for others. A true poison if there ever was one, using the old definition of poison which is synonymous with medicine..

50mg is an insane dose! I wouldn't dare do that even with a monster tolerance! I don't see any reason to ever take more than 5-10 mg at a time, and even that is pushing it. It's much better dosed very small increments over a few hours til you hit the proper plateau.. It's not like anything else I've tried in that sense.

Feeling off today and I'm 100% sure it's due to 3meo abuse this week. Hard to describe, but it's like I failed a sanity check after seeing trump calling for Ginsberg to step down on fox news during my lunch break and this being taken seriously by the talking heads on the network. I think I'm feeling some degree of derealization and I hope it's fucking temporary. Putting this stuff away for a bit, reality is getting too dann unpredictable.

Reading this and the mxe thread is really quite depressing. I have experience with both and liked both for different reasons but knew to limit my use. Mxe was far safer because you knew you were impaired. This leaves too much clarity/mania so the user thinks they are behaving in a normal manner. Sober minds can easily tell you are high and in a delusional state. Also the two aforementioned threads read exactly like heroin addict threads. Almost every poster doses multiple times daily except dissociative addicts tend to think it's not really a problem because the mind is altered to the point they can't see it. They are more apt to justify their abuse and think it's ok. The mind isn't meant to be in such a state of impairment daily and it is just as bad as a heroin addiction. Do not fool yourselves and think otherwise. I hope all of you cut back on your use and see things for what they truly are. Their are far less damaging ways to get through life than this rabbit hole some of you are choosing to go down. Treat it as a psychedelic, something to do a few times per year. What "magic" is left? None.

Great post.
It seems like the trainwrecks from this one are from regular - or far too frequent - use.

It's a gem if used occasionally IMO.

Great post.
It seems like the trainwrecks from this one are from regular - or far too frequent - use.

It's a gem if used occasionally IMO.

Not frequency but overdosing causes trainwrecks - read page 37 of this thread.. :) I was fine to use this frequently, daily even, at low doses - though it does come with its own chronic effects - others confirm that too high a dose has caused nasty episodes and I have seen it firsthand (second technically ;) ) when my friend got in too deep with it - also acutely from the dosage.

Frequent use in a careless way will just probably increase chances of something happening simply because there are so many occasions where one may go overboard with it and OD..

True, daily use creates habituation and dependency as with other serious drugs... and I agree that things seem more normal behavior-wise than they actually are, but it was not mania or even hypomania for me but rather the numbed down semi subtle depersonalization from the dissociative effect. Whether on opioids or a dissociative like this, you aren't fully present and alive when on it most of the time..
I chose this to survive a terrible period and stave off PAWS and my potential relapse with opioids.
I don't know if I'm glad that I did, it depends on whether I could find ways to cope.

Later when my life got more stable, I certainly tried to avoid getting on it again.. used it a few times but fortunately it's not a great combination with my meds. That keeps the brake on.

The psychological addiction / dependency is very real. But as always with these things - also quite dependent on how much you suffer. It's always much easier to keep clear when your life is going ok..
I don't really crave 3-MeO nowadays though, while I sometimes do long to experience opiates or ketamine like I used to before tolerance and droughts. But I don't really use compounds like 3-MeO in the same way for full trips but rather for the lower dose effects.

Last edited:
True.
I guess it just seems like a pattern with disso threads that people get more and more abstract and delusional the deeper they get, and the more enthusiastically they use it.

Maybe people are posting while high on the stuff, but it seems like people who really get into this drug end up having it turn on them at some point. Quite a few report flushing it, if *memory serves.
I guess i've never experienced anything close to a 'trainwreck', so it's not the right word to use.

*it rarely does these days

Reading this and the mxe thread is really quite depressing. I have experience with both and liked both for different reasons but knew to limit my use. Mxe was far safer because you knew you were impaired. This leaves too much clarity/mania so the user thinks they are behaving in a normal manner. Sober minds can easily tell you are high and in a delusional state. Also the two aforementioned threads read exactly like heroin addict threads. Almost every poster doses multiple times daily except dissociative addicts tend to think it's not really a problem because the mind is altered to the point they can't see it. They are more apt to justify their abuse and think it's ok. The mind isn't meant to be in such a state of impairment daily and it is just as bad as a heroin addiction. Do not fool yourselves and think otherwise. I hope all of you cut back on your use and see things for what they truly are. Their are far less damaging ways to get through life than this rabbit hole some of you are choosing to go down. Treat it as a psychedelic, something to do a few times per year. What "magic" is left? None.
Where you see depression I can only see beautiful and wise words on nearly every post, this is my favourite big and dandy by far. Most of the people here are experienced users that had some binge experiences with this one, but that know when to stop. BTW comparing dissos to heroin... For me, they are more mentally addictive, but haven't got any physical withdrawal.

BTW, if you can't feel the awesome vibes this thread have got, it's myself who feels depressed from reading you.

Go to the cannabis big and dandy and tell people there that you feel bad about them because they smoke multiple times a day. And then go to every opiate thread, and to the benzos and alcohol as well, and do the same. I'm sure you will be the hero of the day.

I think I have never used as functional drug as 3-MeO-PCP. I never took it every day, or in the morning, but I used several nights a week for months and now when it's gone I feel fine. It never made me do stupid things or clouded my judgment more than say, alcohol, would. I like to think myself as a responsible drug user so initially when I ordered over a gram of this I was pretty scared that I fucked up and my life would go to shit but I'm ok. That's not to say it's wise to do that, but I got through it without fucking anything up. To sum it up, I feel like dissociatives have helped me through hard times in life. I had a great few months - but it was abuse, I won't deny it. I even used a scale everytime when I dosed, maybe a few times I eyeballed towards the end of the bag.

Even with tolerance, I never took more than 30mg a night.

I think I have never used as functional drug as 3-MeO-PCP. I never took it every day, or in the morning, but I used several nights a week for months and now when it's gone I feel fine. It never made me do stupid things or clouded my judgment more than say, alcohol, would. I like to think myself as a responsible drug user so initially when I ordered over a gram of this I was pretty scared that I fucked up and my life would go to shit but I'm ok. That's not to say it's wise to do that, but I got through it without fucking anything up. To sum it up, I feel like dissociatives have helped me through hard times in life. I had a great few months - but it was abuse, I won't deny it.
Same here, I don't deny I abused them, and will abuse again, but putting in a balance the negatives versus the positives, as I do with every drug, they always win. I've got disso stash for years to come, I can't see an heroin addict with so much stash without killing himself on the first day

True.
I guess it just seems like a pattern with disso threads that people get more and more abstract and delusional the deeper they get, and the more enthusiastically they use it.

Yeah there's a pattern I see too, not with everyone, but with increasing heavy use, a pattern of mania and even psychosis develops. I enjoy these threads, but I have certainly felt sad about people in them sometimes too. It's a fine line to walk. I personally have been using 3-MeO up to a few times a week at really low doses, primarily to aid in getting into new creative spaces with playing music... I also use tryptamines periodically for this same purpose. I find these to be useful tools for me, and I don't consider it abuse. I only take large doses in an attempt to have profound experiences very rarely now. I think different things work for different people, and you just have to maintain a good level of objective oversight over yourself. Over time, my relationship with these drugs has grown... earlier on, I used them exclusively for spirituality and profound, paradigm-shifting experiences. These days, I don't need those experiences, really... I've had many of them, and they've impacted me greatly. But I still find them useful and enjoyable tools for other purposes.

One thing is for sure, I have known or observed a lot of people who get into some really weird places with dissociatives. They're not benign drugs, and for some people they're extremely mentally addictive (and truly the mental aspect is the most significant in addiction), but on the other hand, taking them more than 3 times per year does not automatically indicate abuse.

Where you see depression I can only see beautiful and wise words on nearly every post, this is my favourite big and dandy by far. Most of the people here are experienced users that had some binge experiences with this one, but that know when to stop. BTW comparing dissos to heroin... For me, they are more mentally addictive, but haven't got any physical withdrawal.

Same here, I don't deny I abused them, and will abuse again, but putting in a balance the negatives versus the positives, as I do with every drug, they always win. I've got disso stash for years to come, I can't see an heroin addict with so much stash without killing himself on the first day

Agreed with Xorkoth: the physical withdrawal feels terrible but it's not the worst part about opiate addiction. You gladly go through the withdrawals in order to be free of it, if you aren't mentally a slave to it. Dissociatives can be more self-limiting, and an OD is not likely to kill you in a direct way. On the other hand, if you have an opiate habit and take care of yourself - the use of an opiate itself, if a clean product - is actually not bad for you physically, whereas dissociatives have plenty of indications of being bad for your body.

That said, is comparison with heroin helpful or is it quickly polarized and lacking nuance? Hmm I agree with you MSK that the differences can really obscure the point, making the comparison increasingly inappropriate, but the point was well-made: these compounds are quite addictive.

Reading this thread does not generally depress me, although another person should be free to feel whatever they feel, reading it.. the trainwrecks do very much scare me and worry me though. I felt comfortable dosing low with it and being satisfied with that and did not feel like I was in danger of getting myself screwed in similar ways. It's not that intense and euphoric to me per se, and to me it is less addictive than most opioids I took, but I'm not really that impressed or convinced by attempts to justify your use and making it seem incomparable to opiates.

It's a special and nice compound, but it's also a serious drug in many ways. It's a shame to defend it's serious nature because you appreciate the special and nice side. Does not feel honest to do that.

I'm just curious, does anyone else get a trickster vibe from this class of chemicals?

It may not be that common with occasional and respectful use, but it's something I've heard brought up now and then by people who partake more regularly.

Absolutely, I do with MXE, 3-MeO-PCP and 3-MeO-PCE... Some kind of creative hypomanic humor, as if living in a twisted cartoon (not animated - the one panel drawn kind) with quips thrown all over the place. Huge appreciation for language and absurdity - but who knows how it depends on personal sense of humor.

Don't feel that it is tricking me though if that is what you were asking. Generally I feel too untouchable for that anyway (again - hypomania).. Being tricked would rather be the more delusional mindfuckery kinds of psychedelics such as shrooms for me. Or salvia, that takes the fucking cake [am I part of an alien game show, or even weirder... Japanese?].

Guys, synchronicity is off the hook. I think these drugs tune us into a collective vibration. Today I am walking down the mountain from a beautiful week-long bag of perfect synchronicity, it has been a fun one. For now it is time to let the meta-bolite afterglow do its thing. One Love.

From now on I'm going to call this thing tweetmeow. I've concluded that the vibrations of this thing is a perfect serendicity of bird consciousness and cat consciousness. Yeah, crazy, but that was what everything converged on.

Meta bowl of light.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been using this over the weekend and now there is some considerable activity still lingering about, best to keep your usage low indeed

With the events going on in the world the past few weeks, I'd really been getting into some negative thought patterns lately and I'm so thankful I stumbled across this thread once again. Xorkoth, one of your posts a few pages back just completely changed my attitude. Why worry about the things I cannot directly change? I'm here, so why not enjoy it to the fullest?

I feel as though I have little more to gain from states of extreme dissociation, marginally speaking. Why waste so much time chasing something that has largely already been experienced?

Back on the topic of 3-MeO-PCP, I got some out of the closet and administered ~6mg sublingually about 45 minutes ago. I haven't had any since Fall 2015 so I'm excited to be diving back into all of the little nuances of this substance. It is a very worthy compound, no question about it.

I've got some DMT I've been sitting on, so it's good to hear they mesh well. I largely avoided psychedelics the past year or so while chasing the dissociative dragon, but I feel it's time that changed.

Agreed with Xorkoth: the physical withdrawal feels terrible but it's not the worst part about opiate addiction. You gladly go through the withdrawals in order to be free of it, if you aren't mentally a slave to it. Dissociatives can be more self-limiting, and an OD is not likely to kill you in a direct way. On the other hand, if you have an opiate habit and take care of yourself - the use of an opiate itself, if a clean product - is actually not bad for you physically, whereas dissociatives have plenty of indications of being bad for your body.

That said, is comparison with heroin helpful or is it quickly polarized and lacking nuance? Hmm I agree with you MSK that the differences can really obscure the point, making the comparison increasingly inappropriate, but the point was well-made: these compounds are quite addictive.

Reading this thread does not generally depress me, although another person should be free to feel whatever they feel, reading it.. the trainwrecks do very much scare me and worry me though. I felt comfortable dosing low with it and being satisfied with that and did not feel like I was in danger of getting myself screwed in similar ways. It's not that intense and euphoric to me per se, and to me it is less addictive than most opioids I took, but I'm not really that impressed or convinced by attempts to justify your use and making it seem incomparable to opiates.

It's a special and nice compound, but it's also a serious drug in many ways. It's a shame to defend it's serious nature because you appreciate the special and nice side. Does not feel honest to do that.
I maybe overactuated there trying to defend a point that can't be defended, I felt attacked some way when I wrote that, I apologize now I see my childish behaviour.

Alright cool, there was no attack, not meant anyway :) No criticism from each other, but what is healthy is to consider the drugs (their potential, our use and abuse) themselves critically enough.. I wish that for others.. I'm an addict, although not really dependent on a particular thing right now but should be careful these days..

I wont go on about all of this. its cool

A cute name for this? Hehe, doesn't seem like a good fit at all - but I couldn't comment on what name would reflect the trickster nature... the hypomania is probably the most typical prominent effect to me.. hyphencyclidine o_0 can be countered with semicolanzapine..

Mania would be a good nickname. It is its most prominent effect for me too. I had something weird happen to me two weekends ago. I took 15 mg spread in more or less four hours, and then the couple of following days I got a really extended afterglow that made me feel like I was some kind of superior intelligence version of myself lol.

I swear I felt ACTUALLY mentally sharper, but I guess it was just mania. Everything I read or saw or heard spoke to me in all it's details, triggering all kind of ideas. I did a lot if writing.

On the third day I guess the metabolites wore off and I realized I'm as dumb as always, haha.

It was a weird thing to experience though, I felt sober, completely sober. But I'm sure I was still at least a bit affected. Don't really know if that kind of afterglow is actually caused by metabolites, or if it's a delayed psychological/physiological response to the drug. Could it be possible that the after mental hyperactivity was a compensatory effect to the NMDA inhibition? Kind of a rebound effect?

Status
Not open for further replies.