• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives The Big & Dandy 3-MeO-PCP Thread: 3-MeO 4 Leaf Clover

Wow... thanks for providing this information. That's scary. I'm shortly going to receive some Chinese 3-MeO-PCP. Do you know of any way to check for this besides sending to a lab to test? Would a testing reagent indicate the presence of PCC?

fantastic information (bad news as it may be) - thank you so much for posting

Wow... thanks for providing this information. That's scary. I'm shortly going to receive some Chinese 3-MeO-PCP. Do you know of any way to check for this besides sending to a lab to test? Would a testing reagent indicate the presence of PCC?

Unfortunately, I don't. I was wondering about that myself.
Well, a TLC would probably help a lot already. If you have one spot after trying several eluents, you're probably fine.

Anyhow, 10 mg or so of PCC wouldn't be too dangerous, it's even below a dangerous dose of cyanide. The danger is in people compulsively redosing, especially if they are not getting where they want...

Thanks for that, NMR chemist, you're an asset to the forum. :)

PCC? How shitty, and lazy... does the product smell of almonds? I thought I once figured a reagent test for this, but I kind of forgot what it was... Prussian blue related??

Or something like this: page 772, a hydroxamic acid test: http://college.cengage.com/chemistr...5e/resources/qualitative_organic_analysis.pdf

Question is: who is going to perform such a test with anything but common drug reagents like Marquis?

Also: https://erowid.org/archive/rhodium/chemistry/pcp.pcc.analysis.html Pitfalls of TLC analysis on this matter

Last edited:
I've had somewhat almond-smelling 3-MeO-PCP before, and also batches that did not have this property.

I don't know if the smell is any indication or if it is highly dependent on release of small quantities of HCN by hydrolysis of PCC which may just be present in trace quantity, maybe there is a way to differentiate between good product and shit that is about half PCC by wetting it and heating it up (or the other way round) and carefully smelling but not sure if this may actually be too hazardous - to be sure I'd start with a really tiny quantity. Maybe NMR chemist has some comment on it and finds he is able to do a simple preliminary test that everyone can try.

A risk would be that people might find a false sense of security in a false negative test, but who knows it might be better than nothing. Also if done wrong you don't want to be essentially vaping 3-MeO especially with no idea if it is good or bad, so any test would have to guard against it.

I found this on another site. Not sure how accurate it is.
Take 0.1gr steel wool and dissolve in 5ml concentrated hydrochloric acid. This prepares a test reagent for cyanide. Then dissolve 0.1gr of your to be tested arylcyclohexylamine in there. Wait a few minutes. If an intense dark blue color appears (prussian blue) your sample contained a PCC like contaminant or similar cyanide contaminant. Under no circumstances should attempts be made to recover the drug, leave the tap running and pour the liquid with the stream into the sink to dispose, avoiding to breathe the air near the tube. This will put personal concerns about PCC like contamination to bed.

Thanks for that, NMR chemist, you're an asset to the forum. :)

PCC? How shitty, and lazy... does the product smell of almonds? I thought I once figured a reagent test for this, but I kind of forgot what it was... Prussian blue related??

Or something like this: page 772, a hydroxamic acid test: http://college.cengage.com/chemistr...5e/resources/qualitative_organic_analysis.pdf

Question is: who is going to perform such a test with anything but common drug reagents like Marquis?

Also: https://erowid.org/archive/rhodium/chemistry/pcp.pcc.analysis.html Pitfalls of TLC analysis on this matter

No, it doesn't, but it also shouldn't. Pure PCC doesn't smell like almonds either, neither the base nor the HCl salt. Also, it's not exactly a cyanide. The molecule is capable of eliminating cyanide under certain conditions, though.
It's interesting to see what the Marquis test will show on pure PCC, since it doesn't have any aromatic groups. It still might influence what 3-MeO-PCP looks like if tested, though. I'll see if I can find the time to mix some Marquis reagent and test some 3-MeO-PCP, PCC and the impure batch. It's fortunate that PCC is so easy and cheap to make if you have access to basic chemicals...

In ancient times we had also some heavily unfinished 4meoPCP, to be safe just do a naphta or acetone wash of your powder, PCC disssolve in it, 3meoPCP salt not.

I found this on another site. Not sure how accurate it is.
Take 0.1gr steel wool and dissolve in 5ml concentrated hydrochloric acid. This prepares a test reagent for cyanide. Then dissolve 0.1gr of your to be tested arylcyclohexylamine in there. Wait a few minutes. If an intense dark blue color appears (prussian blue) your sample contained a PCC like contaminant or similar cyanide contaminant. Under no circumstances should attempts be made to recover the drug, leave the tap running and pour the liquid with the stream into the sink to dispose, avoiding to breathe the air near the tube. This will put personal concerns about PCC like contamination to bed.

I am not sure if that works. Or course this is a cyanide detection agent but PCC is not a cyanide. Not sure if HCN would eliminate under stongly acidic conditions from PCC. It is usually quite stable, or at least stable enough to prepare its HCl salt. How trustworthy is the source? It would be good if it would work so easily...

In ancient times we had also some heavily unfinished 4meoPCP, to be safe just do a naphta or acetone wash of your powder, PCC disssolve in it, 3meoPCP salt not.

This only works for PCC base. Unfortunately, PCC HCl is not soluble in those solvents...

Come one, phenylcyclohexanecarbonitrile cant make salt, it's apolar, not an alcaloide :)

Come one, phenylcyclohexanecarbonitrile cant make salt, it's apolar, not an alcaloide :)

That would be true, if phenylcyclohexanecarbonitrile was PCC. However, the PCC I am talking about is 1-(piperidin-1-yl)cyclohexane-1-carbonitrile. The piperidine moiety is a base that can form a salt. I can post you NMRs of both the base and the salt in near future, if that helps you.

Here's a link to the correct structure.
https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/compound/3867-15-0#section=Top

During X-PCP syntheses, the nitrile is exchanged for the (substituted) phenyl group in the last step using the most common metal-organic reagents. I hope this much reference to synthesis is OK, this can be googled easily and is all on Erowid.

Just wondering what you guys usually dose for a day long affair, ideally for maximum euphoria throughout the day which will be for around 14 hours. I will be insufflating and was planning to do around 4mg every hour. I am aware this is quite a subjective question, but wanted to hear what course of action you would take in regards to amounts and how often, to get maximum results?

I have done a fair bit of this stuff but have stupidly just 'felt' when to take more. Now I am keen to be more methodical.

Just wondering what you guys usually dose for a day long affair, ideally for maximum euphoria throughout the day which will be for around 14 hours. I will be insufflating and was planning to do around 4mg every hour. I am aware this is quite a subjective question, but wanted to hear what course of action you would take in regards to amounts and how often, to get maximum results?

I have done a fair bit of this stuff but have stupidly just 'felt' when to take more. Now I am keen to be more methodical.

Unless you have a massive permatolerance that doses will produce a trainwreck or a trip to the hospital. For low tolerant or no tolerant people 3mg in 3 takes (total 9mg) should be enought for a superman mode day. You could even double it (total 18mg) but it will be dangerous territory for most people

I did not have too many of those days and was also more guided by feeling, but my estimate is that I took initially 10 mg and added 5-10 mg every few hours. I am sure lower doses would produce comparable mood lift and hypomania with somewhat less dissociation.

Unless you have a massive permatolerance that doses will produce a trainwreck or a trip to the hospital. For low tolerant or no tolerant people 3mg in 3 takes (total 9mg) should be enought for a superman mode day. You could even double it (total 18mg) but it will be dangerous territory for most people

This.

Back when I was using this I'd have probably done 3-4mg initially, followed by 1-2mg every hour or two.

4mg/hour is without a doubt asking for trouble, especially for 14 hours, let alone 10 or even 6.

Thanks for clearing that up. This is probably why I have had a coupe of times when I have taken it too far! You really need to drop everything you know about all other narcotics with this stuff. So 3mg then wait how long before the next 3mg? 2 hours?

This.

Back when I was using this I'd have probably done 3-4mg initially, followed by 1-2mg every hour or two.

4mg/hour is without a doubt asking for trouble, especially for 14 hours, let alone 10 or even 6.

Thanks for the info. I definitely seem to have some tolerance which is where it makes it more difficult. But I just want to stay really far away from anything dangerous, so keen to low ball it and just get on with my day.

Guys, anyone here even taken 3-meo-pcp with Ketamine? Any adverse negatives that make it unavoidable? As I said I just want to be safe