• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 2C-X Comparison Thread

I was mainly into trypts before but I've been on a mescaline kick lately and I'm really interested in trying some others phens. 2C-D sounds the most interesting to me to start with. 2C-C sounds like it might be a little dissapointing, at least to my tastes.

I'm also very interested in 2C-O/TMPEA for potentiation of mescaline. Shulgin mentions it briefly, but mesc feels so perfect... I'd love to experience it turned up a notch!

After reading this thread I have finally decided to try the 2c family for the first time. I've taken acid a handful of times, shrooms twice, MDA, and MDMA around ten times, tonight I will be trying 2C-E. I know it burns like hell when snorted, but I am tempted to snort it. I have two questions.

Should I snort it, if not why besides it burns.

What would be the most enjoyable dose for a mild pscychonaut? 10,15 or 20mg?

As for 2C-E's "full-blown-ness," it varies a TON by person, more so IMO than the potency of most other psychedelics. I've pushed doses upwards of 40mg and the mindfuck/ego dissolution/other really intense mental effects were no more present than with 2C-I - some weird/confusing trains of thought sometimes but overall more like a speedy or even less loved up MDMA-like mental high, with my mind moving at a mile a minute. It's basically just a more intense (visually/stimulation-wise) version of 2C-I for me.

A friend here in town who started experimenting with -I and -E around the same time I did was disappointed by -I - he had a very mild experience on 20mg, shorter than expected too (he said he was mostly down within 6-8 hours). Then he tried 15mg of 2C-E and said it was incredible, so intense at the peak he and his trip partner were basically lying on the ground immobilized by the experience for a couple hours, on par with his most intense mushroom peaks he says.

My advice would be to start with a 2C that's more universally considered not as crazy intense - 2C-B, 2CC or 2C-I seem like good bets, although I only have personal experience with the latter. Then try 2C-E once you have a feel for 2Cs in general, starting at a low dose.

Personally haven't tried any of the 2Cs yet, but from what I hear 2C-E is quite visually interesting and quite malleable depending on your expectations. I've heard of people having both deep, introspective, mind-expanding trips, and others having light, happy, pretty trips. So it sounds like it has very much to do with what you want and expect going into the trip, if you want something deep and introspective you'll probably get it, if you just want something light, happy, and fun you can probably achieve that instead. Good luck in your search and I hope whatever you choose works out well for you.

i've read that snorting 2ce produces a more shallow trip, while oral dosing is more of a complete experience. they are also potentially more dangerous when snorted. and it doesn't last as long as an oral dose. those are all reasons in my book to not snort 2ce.

i chose 2ce as my first RC. i don't see any problem with it, as long as you start low. i took 12 mg as my first dose

I'm in the same boat as OP. I've done some pychadelics (shrooms, LSD, LSA, 2C-B, MDMA, etc.) but I haven't done any of the research chemicals yet, but I plan to very soon. I was leaning toward 2C-E because I heard it was the most intense of the 2C-x's. Any suggestions on dose? I'm confident in my tripping abilities and I never even come close to a bad trip so I was thinking about taking a high dose. Comments, concerns.

After reading this thread I have finally decided to try the 2c family for the first time. I've taken acid a handful of times, shrooms twice, MDA, and MDMA around ten times, tonight I will be trying 2C-E. I know it burns like hell when snorted, but I am tempted to snort it. I have two questions.

Should I snort it, if not why besides it burns.

What would be the most enjoyable dose for a mild pscychonaut? 10,15 or 20mg?

snort 10mg, it doesn't hurt that much. more will probably make you nauseated though. i would recommend snorting because you will be tripping hardcore in 5-10 minutes and the visuals from snorting it are way better than if you take it orally (not to mention having to wait at least 1.5-2h to really feel anything).

I'd suggest 2c-b. In my experiences, it poses the least threat to you emotions and has the best visuals. You can control it very well (unless you really take too much) and it feels the most natural of any of the 2c-x's that I've tried (all others really feel synthetic).

2c-e would be my suggestion amongst these 3. It felt like a more gentle version of 2c-i to me, though I might just have been in a better setting when I used it (and I had a smaller dose). I was able to control it (unlike 2c-i) and used it to effectively highten music and such.

Hmmmm.... I think you either got some bad 2c-e or you did a really low dose. Maybe you just have a different body or like you said a better setting but I find 2c-e easily the most intense and overwhelming of the big 3 2c's.

I would go with 2cb if you are not experienced with other hallucinogens and if that's not available a 15-20 mg dose of 2ci for you first time. 2cb is good and I find it quite light and easy (in a good way) in standard doses. 2ci is good too and vaguely reminds me of mushrooms, but it does have this strange metallic feel to it which sometimes i have trouble getting comfortable with. If you are already experienced with acid I don't think you will necessarily have any problems with 2ce. It has the best visuals of the 3 BY FAR. (Assuming we are talking about relative dosages)

If there was some intensity ladder I don't think you necessarily have to work your way up, just go for what you are looking for. I took 2ce with only two acid trips and one mushroom trip under my belt. 2cb has some recreational quality to it and very easy on the mind and body, 2ci is very balanced but i find it has some slight uncomfortable physical effects, and 2ce does not have any recreational value and has what i consider some negative physical effects (nausea, excess stimulation) for me but gives the best trip.

2ct2 is a strong rush of psychedelia for me... and is probably my favorite for when I want to trip hard... I have not really figure out how to use it though. I generally go with too much or too little. Too much leads to a great rushing sensation with heavy visuals and immense amounts of bubbling love. Snorting it is fucking wild. In my experience it was dmt like... just before the point of blast off. Like if you attempted to blast off but were unable to make it there... and all you end up with is your room looking completely crazy with swirling visuals...

I also like 2cb... especially in combo with acid. It makes for an awesome gentle and vibrant trip. The combo often brings me into deep introspection and can keep me talking all night long. 2cb by itself only gives me that vibrant feel, but I never can get too where I'm looking to be without acid. 20 mg oral with a solid dose of acid is awesome.... 10 mg snorted kicks ass during an acid peak... say 4 hours in or so.

I've tried 2ce a couple of times... and that one is very similar to acid in my opinion. The only thing is my mind does not go as fast as it does when I am on acid. I'm a little more humbled by my thoughts and think them out a little more clearly whereas on acid I jump jump jump for this to that all up and down throughout the experience.

2ci is too stimulating at high doses, and after 6 hours I'm ready to be finished... The stimulation lives on though. I like small doses of this material. A few mg snorted or 10 or so mg. Acid + 2ci combo is good. Acid + 2ci + 2cb combo is even cooler... gave me a wonderfully emotional roller coaster type trip.

This is such a broad topic, it needs to become a main 2C-X comparison thread...

I've only tried 2C-C so far, but for my next trip I plan on either 2C-E or 2C-I. I've read mixed reviews between the two in comparison, so here's a more general question. Which lasts longer, and which gives more OEV visuals? What about CEV? Can any of the two compare visually to LSD, on a dose of say, 20mg orally? Also, I kind of want to snort it, how much is the rough equivalent of 20mg orally when snorted, and does snorting it give more intense visuals?

I've only tried 2C-C so far, but for my next trip I plan on either 2C-E or 2C-I. I've read mixed reviews between the two in comparison, so here's a more general question. Which lasts longer, and which gives more OEV visuals? What about CEV? Can any of the two compare visually to LSD, on a dose of say, 20mg orally? Also, I kind of want to snort it, how much is the rough equivalent of 20mg orally when snorted, and does snorting it give more intense visuals?

i've never personally tried 2ci, but from extensive reading on this subject, i think i qualify to answer your question.

i think 2ce is the answer to your questions. lasts longer, gives more intense visuals (in general), and i know it gives me insane CEVs. i've only taken up to 20 mg of 2ce and i can definitely say it compares to LSD visually. to be fair, i've never taken a really high dose of LSD either (4 hits), but many people have said that 2ce visuals compare to LSD's.

you've probably read that snorting 2cx is INSANELY PAINFUL, and that's not a lie. i have read that snorting gives more intense visuals, but i'd prefer to just take a higher oral dose if i want more intense visuals. a standard for nasal dosing is about half (maybe 1/3rd) of an oral dose. so 7-10 mg would roughly equal 20 mg orally)
keep in mind that snorting can be more dangerous, and lead to a more shallow trip. it's my OPINION that oral dosing works and leads to a more complete experience

24 mgs of 2ce had better cevs than any LSD trip I've had (6 hits is my max and that wasn't the best) regarding oev they are about even but I think LSD causes more distortion to objects. 2ce lasts a couple hours longer than 2ci.

That being said I actually prefer 2ci. Maybe because its lighter and its easier to work with for me. I feel it has the most unique character of the three 2c's ive tried.

If you want better visuals 2ce wins no contest, if you want introspection i prefer 2ci. 20 mgs of either shouldn't dissapoint.

I know nothing about snorting 2cs

Last edited:
Go with either 2C-T-7 or 2C-E imo, 2C-I can be fun although I find that it causes quite a bit of anxiety and a very tense bodyload.
2C-E is insanely visual but also has quite an uncomfortable bodyload accompanied by nausea.
2C-T-7 I found to be very comfortable, the bodyload was pretty euphoric and visuals were pretty groovy at 25mg.
For a starter psychedelic I would say that 2C-T-7 would be easier to handle than 2C-I.
Next 2C on my list is probably going to be 2C-T-2.
And yeah snorting 12mg 2C-I was unbelievably painful, although I found the comeup to be much smoother than an oral dose.

• For a starter psychedelic I would say that 2C-T-7 would be easier to handle than 2C-I.
    Next 2C on my list is probably going to be 2C-T-2.
    And yeah snorting 12mg 2C-I was unbelievably painful, although I found the comeup to be much smoother than an oral dose.

Word, 2ct7 is an amazing compund..i dont think i have EVER experienced visuals anything close to that stuff =D=D=D not to harsh on the body either. But watch not to drink or smoke too much beforehand, have memories of my mate technicolour yawning the night away down the big white telephone.

Want to try 2c-x?? for the first time.

So I have only had 1 experience with a psychedelic in my life. 3 or 4 hits of Star Wars blotter in the mid 90s. I was not mentally ready for the experience as I was a little too young and didnt have an experienced trip sitter with me. (I basically had a pretty terrifying experience that I had to ride out on my own. Now that I am older and more secure my interest has been piqued by the 2c compounds. Any suggestions on which one would be good for a first timer? Im not looking for profound introspection, just looking for a fun time :) And maybe something to mix with MDMA.

I would recommend 2c-i because it is not very deep and it more of a "fun" psych than a really deep psych like LSD is. Its hard for anyone to tell you which one you would enjoy and which one you would not... You are the only person who can figure out which one you would like, so read about the 2c's and see which one sparks your interest.

heres some info about 2c-i:
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=287026

2cB is pretty smooth if you like your sillyness (giggles etc)

but yeah, you're the only one who can tell what you like