Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 2C-D Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
WaseFraKa said:
yeah I know, but too complicated to prepare ;o)
I think an enema takes much less time than stuffing powder into gelcaps, and less disgusting than chugging it down with OJ.

So lets see: It takes less time to prepare, and surpasses traumatic flavours. Hmm..

Granted, though, 2C-D is the one psychedelic that actually uncomfortable (ie. burning sensation) for a few mins. upon rectal administration.

^^ Really? I've never noticed any burning whatsoever. 2C-B is the only 2C-X that I've found to produce any sensation at all, and that's just a light tingling and warmness. Amphetamine and MDMA produce this same sensation. 2C-D is one that I've noticed specifically causes me no sensation whatsoever when taken rectally.

Evidently, all of our asses react differently to substances in addition to our brains!

FYI, morphine is also very good to take rectally, and also produces no sensation whatsoever (to me at least).

To those of you who prefer 2C-D (praise be upon this worthy psychedelic) via the rectal route….why do you use capsules? I would have thought a water solution would work better. Or am I wrong? For the burning, anyone ever try adding a small amount of a local anesthetic (I was thinking lidocaine) to reduce the discomfort:? I’ve never tried plugging a psychedelic, but I have plugged amphetamine and opium…neither of which worked any better that route and both of which caused considerable discomfort. That is one thing that keeps me from trying this route…I do not want to be tripping while my rectum is burning.

Xorkoth: Yep, when I have poppy tea, I reduce it down and take it as an enema.

As for the burning, to be honest you're the first I've heard who didn't complain about 2C-D burning - though I am not surprised since, as you said, each reacts differently ;)

MGS: The gelcap idea is very weird to me. Why would anyone go at such lengths when, as you mention, a microenema is more effective and faster to prepare (it takes only a few seconds to dissolve your dose in water and such that into a syringe). When I eventually get down to trying cactus-sludge, it is definitely not going in my mouth since I am not one of those McKenna-esque pro-vomit activists....

The only downside I see, especially with 2C-D (amen to its holiness), is that for some people the burning might be too much to the point where they cannot hold it in!! Mind you, the burning never, ever lasted for me more than 10 mins.

As for a local anesthetic - YES it DOES work. I have used a something-caine (I forgot which) cream as my lubricant and it worked like a charm for both matters.

MGS: I use a water solution. I tried using capsules the first few times I attempted rectal administration but a distilled water solution in an oral (which becomes a rectal!) syringe works the best by far. It cuts come-up time down hugely over the capsule method. For example, rectal MDMA starts coming up in about 5 minutes, and is fully there by 20-30.

Jam: I don't know... I'm always surprised that people complain of burning so much via rectal administration. I've honestly never encountered anything that burned to the point of pain when taken rectally, and I always use the water method as opposed to the gelcap method. I even saw that someone said that 2C-B burned them worse rectally than nasally, which I found shocking. I've snorted 2C-B before and it hurt the SHIT out of my nose. But it only produced a mild tingle down below.

Last edited:
Water solution works best... Capsule takes a good 30 minutes to get going for trypts and phens. But they're both effective. If you want a slower onset, go for the capsule.

I think the burning might just be unwashed HCl or something in a powder... I've plugged a lot of things and nothing has ever really produced burning. However, the need to defecate very badly happens about 15 minutes in and you either ignore it or use the bathroom, but either way it's gone in about 15-20 minutes (I get the feeling that I need to defecate when I hit peak usually, but it doesn't bother me too much).

nuke said:
Water solution works best... Capsule takes a good 30 minutes to get going for trypts and phens. But they're both effective. If you want a slower onset, go for the capsule.

I think the burning might just be unwashed HCl or something in a powder... I've plugged a lot of things and nothing has ever really produced burning. However, the need to defecate very badly happens about 15 minutes in and you either ignore it or use the bathroom, but either way it's gone in about 15-20 minutes (I get the feeling that I need to defecate when I hit peak usually, but it doesn't bother me too much).

I would assume what you mention is probably due to the perephiral stimulation caused by those compounds. So for example, when I take benzos or opiates rectally, this never happens (and for opiates, it would be strange if it DID happen!).

Just to clarify my statements... I find only 2C-D to produce a bit of discomfort... every other of the 50 or so drugs I've tried that way never produced any discomfort. (no dicksizing intended - just wanted to point out that 2C-D is anomalous in this respect for me - although Nuke's suggestion of unwashed HCL makes a lot of sense - that explains why large chunks of people reported this while others didn't... as far as I know, I doubt more than 3 or so batches of 2C-D have ever been released on the market)

Jamshyd said:
It is also not very visual untill you go for a really high (read: expensive) dose, and even then, it is short-lasting.

NOt for me. The highest I've gone with 2C-D is 40mg, and it is very visual at that dose. Not the depth of 2C-T-7 or 2C-E visuals, but the world is fully 'psychedelicized."

Has anyone tried mixing MDMA with 2C-D? If so, how was it? I'm thinking of trying it.

2C-D and methylone work well, 2C-D ingested 3-4 hours beforehand. Though I have only tried this at 10mg 2C-D followed by a full dose of M1.

Really? At 4 hours, the effects of 2C-D have largely waned for me. I would want to take them both at the same time, since they last about the same length of time.

Well, I have had 2C-D trips that lasted well over 6 hours, even at moderate dosages of, say, 22mg, which brought me to a solid +++. And there's (positive) after-effects as well, on top of that.

But I'm a weird one... I am generally sensitive to drugs and tend to require smaller dosages than many others. For instance, I have tripped on a single (very high) dose of mushrooms for over 24 hours.... still getting tracers the next day... my first ever LSD trip lasted 16 hours even though everyone else had come down way before...

Xorkoth said:
Has anyone tried mixing MDMA with 2C-D? If so, how was it? I'm thinking of trying it.

Thanks for reminding me!

Yes, I took 2C-D (20 or 25mg, I think? it was a long time ago) as an MDMA peak (so 3-ish hours after dosing the MDMA) was fading. The 2C-D seemed to do nothing of its own, but it fully revived the peak and stretched it for 5 more hours!. Brilliant!

/\ :D *reminds self to try this next time MDMA is on the menu*

thanks for sharing

Jamshyd said:
I took 2C-D (20 or 25mg, I think? it was a long time ago) as an MDMA peak (so 3-ish hours after dosing the MDMA) was fading. The 2C-D seemed to do nothing of its own, but it fully revived the peak and stretched it for 5 more hours!. Brilliant!

My wife and I tried just about the same exact combo one time, I believe it was 26mg 2C-D. Our experience was different than yours - my wife fell asleep, and I entered a vague state which seemed like lucid dreaming. It was full of all sorts of imagery and words which seemed like they should be significant, but which I couldn't understand. It was not a bad experience but it was nothing special.

2C-D being as rare and requiring such a high dosage as it does, we decided to stick with 2C-B for post-MDMA tripping and to save the 2C-D for use on its own.

Worked with 2C-D again this week. The setting in my best-friend's home @ night during vacation back to St. Louis to see my family. I took 50mg, he took 30mg.

We had planned on recording music/conversating but for various reasons (probably the difference in dosages) it didn't work that way. I actually found the experience fairly heavy...in the beginning I got such a rush/fast come-up I had to retreat to the shower to relax. During the trip, I found it most comfortable to be by myself and spent much of the time outdoors in his back-yard looking at the sky, while he was inside playing guitar. For me, the experience had little visual matter as far as OEVs, but the CEVs were amazing and with eyes closed I easily went OBE into my fantasies.

Sleep came easily for both...we took it at 2:30am and both were asleep by 7:00am.

That is the last time I will ever try tripping indoors...I just can't do it anymore. I get very uncomfortable and claustrophobic. The previous 2C-D experience was also at a friend's home...but during the day in his mountain home. I was on the porch and the setting was the same as if I were hiking. A 360 view of mountains.

This time, it was a home in the suburbs in the midwest. Just not a good place for me to trip anymore.

BTW, my friend LOVED 2C-D and wished he had taken more. I continue to love the material...but will never take it (or any other psychedelic) indoors again.

PS...that was the first time in over 5 years that I did not need to use opiates to get through the experience. I am still on buprenorphine of course, but this drug produces no opiate-like feelings for me. It just keeps me from being sick. I was very worried about that...even went so far as to obtain some vicodin to have...but I never ended up taking it. Yay for me!

2C-D is definitely up there for me, when we took this substance on the Mt. Caribou trail, Rainbow Lakes area in Indian Peaks, Co it was a very interesting as the come up in my experience was (as much as I'd hate to relate the two completely different chemicals) very similar to that of LSD.

Almost viewing everything in a very objective sense, as though i was outside of myself (in a more positive connotation), fresh and new canvas. Unlike LSD, 2C-D was super malleable, but the come up was very pushy, and very "in the head", reviewing things, not so much analysing and picking apart. I feel it very important to psychotherapeutic studies.

As usual with other phenethylamines the ease on my body was astounding, however just like my experiences with 2C-I, my mucus membranes seem to go a little nuts, not as bad, less tearing of the eyes, more sinus reaction, but MUCH more tolerable than 2C-I.

However I did have visuals that were so very natural to the setting in that I was even unaware of them, lots of pastels!

I saw this rock at our campsite that was painted with pastel (somewhat florescent) pink, green, yellow, and blue, that it influenced my visuals.

Going up this hill trickled with loads of granite stones marked with pastels, arriving back at the campsite from climbing up the moutain I made the comment, "HEY that rock looks like the other ones on the mountain", and received a nice smile from MGS saying it was painted.. What a woops, im trippin'. Anyone that demeans the mightiness of 2C-D, well number one their just jealous, and number two.. they are missing out!!

I find 2C-D had a subtle sophistication then compared to 2C-B, in that a potential for cognitive relation to the substance was so very apparent.

Glad to hear that you guys had a good time. Your stories remind me that I haven't yet taken 2C-D outside. I'm definitely going to have to do that. As warm as it's been so far this year, I may be able to do it sooner than later.

I don't know if I've discovered 'full effects' with 2c-d. Every higher dose I've gone has been fuller, the highest being 80mg, at which I found it an amazing substance.

Even at 80mg I was pretty much 'down' in 4 hours, though I probably couldn't have slept if I had tried for another 2 due to residual speediness. The next time I do this stuff I'm gonna do 60mg and then 40mg 45 minutes or so later, basically to try to slow down the fast come up and stretch the duration a bit. The come up on 80mg was a little much for my body, in a strong stimulating sort of way.

Well I eventually did this higher dose trial. I actually did 65mg and then 40mg 40 minutes laters. I found the mental stimulation at that dose way to strong. Basically I keep getting stuck in a lot of manic style thought loops, much like a high dose of speed. I noticed this a effect a little bit a 80mg, but at 105 mg it overpowered any psychedelic usefullness of the material. Better to keep this one in lower doses, I think. Next time I'll be back down to about 60mg.

Status
Not open for further replies.