• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines The Big & Dandy 2C-D Thread - Please Insert Second Disc

I might have to search for or start a new thread of Shulgin / PiHKAL review / naming conventions
Please do if there isn't one already!
See but the A in TMA stands for amphetamine which TMPEA is not. 2C-MeO sounds reasonable to me tho.

I don't even like TMPEA, because mescaline would fit that criteria as well, but I think about this stuff way too hard.

It's interesting that TMPEA (I'm gonna call it 2C-O though because that makes more sense, considering he made the isopropoxy and named it 2C-O-4, and TMA-4 and 2C-T-4 are the isopropyls)is so impotent... experiments up to 300mg were done with little to no results. Most (not all) of the 2C-Xs are quite a lot less potent than their DOX counterparts, but it seems like an extreme variance. Then again, maybe not, as DOB is probably a good 20 times more potent than 2C-B, so perhaps 500mg is the correct dosage? Which would make it extremely cost inefficient... but my mouth waters at the opportunity to try that experiment.

Interestingly, 2C-G is about the same potency as DOG (which he called GANESHA, I suppose DOG is a silly name :doggo: ). Then again, the 2C-G series is very unusual in structure among the 2C-Xs.

TMA-4 is 2,3,5-Trimethoxy, no isoproxy there but I get what you're saying.

Also haha DO-G. I guess he had his reasons, some we'll never understand.

Anyway back to 2C-D. I absolutely love it but at pretty high dose. +50mg its rainbow land with a clear headspace and I'm out within 5 hours.

If I were to try a new-to-me 2c, I would want to try 2cd. The idea/structure of it seems to appeal to me or something. I've had a sample of 2cp for many years but have never been brave enough.

If I were to try a new-to-me 2c, I would want to try 2cd. The idea/structure of it seems to appeal to me or something. I've had a sample of 2cp for many years but have never been brave enough.
2C-P is great, it's long but it's way easier to handle than say 2C-E if you dose reasonably. It's not about bravery, would definitely recommend trying it sometime

Only have a 25 mg sample of 2cp. I'd probably start with 6-8 mg for a first try if I ever get around to it.

Last edited:
Took 20mg for a club night the other night and man it really is an anti-hangover drug. Dosed at about 11:30 pm, club didn't really get rolling until 12:30. Danced my ass off until 3am. Such a transparent drug, definitely not overtly psychedelic - especially at that dose - but just perfect for enhancing the vibes and well staying awake. Back home and in bed by 4am and then had to get up at 7am for some obligations.

I'm not going to say it was easy to drag myself out of bed after only 3hrs of sleep at my age, but with the help of 3 or 4 coffees (kind of normal intake for me) the day went much easier than if I hadn't taken anything at all the night before. I've noticed this kind of effect from other psychedelics, I don't think it's unique to 2C-D, just that 2C-D is also a really short acting one, so it fits in really easily with a club night and carrying on with obligations the next day.

Last edited:
Took 20mg for a club night the other night and man it really is an anti-hangover drug. Dosed at about 11:30 pm, club didn't really get rolling until 12:30. Danced my ass off until 3am. Such a transparent drug, definitely not overtly psychedelic - especially at that dose - but just perfect for enhancing the vibes and well staying awake. Back home and in bed by 4am and then had to get up at 7am for some obligations.

I'm not going to say it was easy to drag myself out of bed after only 3hrs of sleep at my age, but with the help of 3 or 4 coffees (kind of normal intake for me) the day went much easier than if I hadn't taken anything at all the night before. I've noticed this kind of effect from other psychedelics, I don't think it's unique to 2C-D, just that 2C-D is also a really short acting one, so it fits in really easily with a club night and carrying on with obligations the next day.
That all makes sense to me

I wasnt aware of him (thank you) but a quick search did not pull up anything specific about 2c-d.
The book mentioned in the thread - i.e. Gateway to the Inner Space by Rätsch - does not give much further details about 2C-D (named LE-25 in the context of this research). It just references coarsely a lecture by Michael Schlichting about the trials with LE-25 who is also an author at Nachtschatten Verlag and is still alive in Switzerland (https://nachtschatten.ch/autoren/schlichting/). I had hoped for finding the original 150 mg trip report referenced in PiHKAL. Maybe continue some more digging later.

(with 18 mg) A bit more than I bargained for, most of the experience spent within public transport. I never realised those seats were as terrible, my back hurt a lot! Closed eye imagery of beakers and liquids swirling, a powder tumbling around in a rotovap. When walking through the autumn night, leaves falling gently down with closed eyes. Increased appreciation for music. Gentle, warm bodyload. No nausea, no tension. Psychosomatic troubles with fingers linked to traumatic 25E-NBOH experience noticed in the beginning of psychedelic effects and met with some uneasyness, but eventually left me. Terrible results in Duolingo, no nootropic effects (should they exist) at that dosage. Shulgin rating scale ++, probably equivalent to 10 - 13 mg 2C-B in intensity, but remarkably different. I think I like it. In and out rather quick, from intake to baseline again, not more than 3 h. Could become another trusted ally next to 2C-B. Will continue experimentation in 25 - 35 mg range.

Last edited:
I had 20 mg today. This was my best 2C-D experience so far, including my younger days when I took up to 50 mg (once).

As far as negative body symptoms, I had a bit of tummy/gut tension / awareness, and for a bit at T+1.5 I had some significant jaw clench/chatter. It also seemed to have a stimulating push but the feeling also seemed smooth and transparent, if that makes sense.

After sipping over 10 minutes, effects built up gradually, peaking around T+2. Effects were starting to drop off at T+3 and dropped off significantly by T+4 and then lingered until T+6 with subtle persisting after-effects. No headache! Maybe tomorrow? I do often get headaches after most psychedelic experiences.

I noticed a lot of visual activity, but it was rather inspecific and jumbled. There was some mild color enhancement but only noticeable with colors that were highly saturated to begin with. I noticed a lot of "popping" of textures as well as textural after-images. I also seemed to hallucinate textures that weren't there, and there were times in which I was a bit visually confused. All this was with eyes open. With eyes closed, there was pretty much nothing unfortunately.

I spent most of the experience listening to a compilation of classical music. I was totally absorbed. I didn't feel as much emotional connection as I do with most other psychedelics, but I felt a strong connection to the technical aspects, the nuances in rhythm and harmony, both as written and as performed. The virtuosity I perceived in the performances was exhilarating. Among the standouts were recordings of operatic soprano. In these, I did feel intensely emotional but not so much in response to the music but because I heard and (acoustically) felt the singer convey that emotion to me with great intensity.

I went for a walk between T+3 to T+4, which was a wonderful diversion. I felt very peaceful in a way much more like the trips I used to have when I was younger. I'm hopeful I will encounter this feeling more often in my future trips. At first, the sun was so bright that it completely blinded me to look in its direction, yet seeing glimpses of it made me feel heavenly. I put on my sun glasses while walking into the sun and enjoyed the light and the feeling of air moving over my body. While the visuals were mild, everything I saw looked somehow fascinating and inspiring. At one point after my eyes had scanned across the solar disk (with sunglasses), I got an after-image of the disk with detailed "flame" forms.

Outside, I also noticed that my hearing seemed very muted but crystal clear and detailed. I speculated that the muting effect was due to a significant adrenergic action, given what I've heard about people under extreme stress (like in war), but any adrenergic anxiety was completely tempered by psychedelic calm. I also noticed that there was essentially no background noise in my hearing at all.

When I returned home, I put the music back on. While listening to some rag time, I felt I could really get deep into the rhythmic nuances. Later on I switched to some lively Cuban big band jazz which fit the mood perfectly, and it felt very good to move my body around while I made dinner.

All-in-all, I had a great time, and while I can't say this is my favorite, it is interesting and unique. It may be the most mentally lucid psychedelic I've tried. It makes me feel mentally *sharp*. I am more curious about DOM now, though I'm not sure how much it resembles 2C-D or how much stronger the stimulation is.

I disagree with those who think it's similar to 2C-E. I find 2C-E to be much dreamier and to be a very emotionally rich drug, whereas 2C-D seems very alert and cognitively oriented, to the point where emotionality mostly takes a back seat to the cognitive experience. Today's 2C-D experience felt quite casual. I don't anticipate having to do much if any post-trip integration. In contrast, even my recent 5 mg 2C-E experience (which was probably less visual than this 2C-D experience) was *not* casual at all.

I disagree with those who think it's similar to 2C-E. I find 2C-E to be much dreamier and to be a very emotionally rich drug, whereas 2C-D seems very alert and cognitively oriented, to the point where emotionality mostly takes a back seat to the cognitive experience. Today's 2C-D experience felt quite casual. I don't anticipate having to do much if any post-trip integration. In contrast, even my recent 5 mg 2C-E experience (which was probably less visual than this 2C-D experience) was *not* casual at all.

i had a rather low dose experience with 2c-d which was quite enriching and lighthearted, no hard tripping that i had with 10mgs of say 2c-e which i find a not that easy going psychedelic but quite useful and insightful all in all. 2c-d was more of a fun experience.