Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 2C-B Thread - Stage 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Don't incriminate yourself and no price discussion]

also, this may seem like a pretty obvious answer but erowid also states that an average does is 15-25mg and my friend had to drop almost a whole gram to get a trip effect (probably crap quality then i guess?).

here's some more generic questions:

the only other chemical drugs i've taken are MDMA, ketamine and a few other legal drugs (plus god knows whatever they throw into ecstacy tabs nowadays) so i'm a bit of a newcomer to psychedelics.

any suggestions about where to be and what to do whilst i'm up?

and

if i'm tripping outside in the sun, anything i'll need to have with me just incase things turn nasty?

thanks for any help

edit: forgot to ask, i'm going to be taking it on over a month from now, is it going to keep whilt i store it? should i store it in a certain space/temperature etc?

Last edited by a moderator:
pezdispenser said:

also, this may seem like a pretty obvious answer but erowid also states that an average does is 15-25mg and my friend had to drop almost a whole gram to get a trip effect (probably crap quality then i guess?).

the only other chemical drugs i've taken are MDMA, ketamine and a few other legal drugs (plus god knows whatever they throw into ecstacy tabs nowadays) so i'm a bit of a newcomer to psychedelics.

and

if i'm tripping outside in the sun, anything i'll need to have with me just incase things turn nasty?

thanks for any help

edit: forgot to ask, i'm going to be taking it on over a month from now, is it going to keep whilt i store it? should i store it in a certain space/temperature etc?

I always have said that 2C-B is would be a great introductory psychedelic, and if you handled MDMA and ketamine, you should be able to handle 2C-B. I would probably do something like 15-18 mg's since it will be your first time "tripping".

The 2C-B visuals look best at night IMO, but since you wanna trip during the day you should take it in the early evening or something, tripping during sunset is always great, and you should still be tripping when its dark. One thing about 2C-B is that makes my attention span VERY short. You should bring lots of little things to occupy yourself (gameboy, music, art supplies, glowy blinky things, soft things, etc). 2C-B keeps your cognitive abilities pretty intact when compared to most psychedelics, so I don't think you would need to trip in a too secluded area, but keep your comfort a priority.

Other than that it sounds like you should be pretty prepared, happy tripping!

pezdispenser said:

and

thanks for any help

I think your dealer has cut it to a 5% mixture or so. That would explain the low price and the HUGE dose your friend had to ingest. If it hasn't been cut then it's a really, really poor chemist who made it 8o

As for the other questions I mostly agree with GreenMachine.

Your friend had to drop a gram to get effects? You should not buy that 2C-B... a dose should only be 15-30mg. A gram of real 2C-B would probably kill you twice over.

I edited your post. A reminder: no price discussion. And do not incriminate yourself by saying you are going to buy a drug from your dealer and when you're going to do so. You can ask questions about things without mentioning the illegal activities you're planning.

^ Yeah it's sorta not exactly deep - tho sometimes that's what's needed - 2CD all the way - assumming you can find it.

I'm sure someone has tried this, but I cant find info on it anywhere. Has anyone tried plugging 2cb or heard any thing abutt it?

If one knows from experience (5-10 times) that 2C-B comes up after 1.30-2.00 hours, can one assume that the same will happen in the future, or is chemistry unpredictable :)

since a couple of you people voted for 2c-b, i've got a question regarding that. i recently got my hands on a single dose of 2c-b, about 20-25mg (the scale wasn't too accurate). i've never had 2c-b before, only 2c-e once and i was on a lot of other stuff at that time, so i couldn't really distinguish the effects of the 2c-e.

so basically i don't have any real experience with the 2c-family, but as far as i know, 20-25mg of 2c-b are a good dose to start with, considering that i wouldn't wanna be disappointed 'cause it wasn't enough.

i'm planning to take it at an outdoor psytrance party or something like that in the next couple of weeks. is that amount of this substance gonna be "easy to handle" or does it have the potential to overwhelm me like, say, a good dose of mushrooms? i use this example because a trip on shrooms can become somewhat difficult at times which would be even harder to handle in an outdoor setting with lots of people and loud music ;).

considering combinations which are pretty much inevitable over the course of 3 days of psytrance, it would probably still be best to take the 2c-b solo after some hours of sleep etc!? or are there any combinations that are definitely worth trying even for a first timer?
i also acquired a single dose of mda which i also never had. i think it's about 140mg. i guess that would be a decent dose for a first trip?

i consider those two more or less "party psychedelics" from what i've heard and read, so i think my questions fit this thread. i'm grateful for any advice on those two substances and first time use. do's, dont's, combinations, combinations i should definitely avoid etc.

TIA :)

I got my hands on a batch of 2c-b from china a while ago, supposedly >98% purity. It was a white powder with some lumps/stones in it and it sort of reminded of some kind of thick flour. At 25mg you got a moodlift and there were some OEV's but no mindfuck, it felt like u rode the elevator but it never really got u where u wanted to and stopped a few stories down, if u know what i mean. But if u wanted to really trip u had to take 30mg, or more obviously.
Now to my question. I ordered a second batch from the same guy/company but this batch doesn't look anything like the previous one. It is entirely chrystallized and looks like something between sugar and salt, and the color isn't even the same. This batch has a slight yellowish color to it or something, hard to describe. It certainly isn't completely white like my first batch. And it also have a much higher density. I haven't dared to try this new batch yet, but is this/could this be 2c-b? I've taken a comparison picture but my webcam sux so the same thing goes for the imagequality. the left spoon contains my first batch and the right spoon my newest
h t t p : / / img222.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture4bg5.jpg
I asked the chinese ofc and he said and i quote "The sample will change colour little while storing, non't worry." Is this true and if so, will it effect the potency? But it doesn't explain the characteristic changes

pahlstek said:
I got my hands on a batch of 2c-b from china a while ago, supposedly >98% purity. It was a white powder with some lumps/stones in it and it sort of reminded of some kind of thick flour. At 25mg you got a moodlift and there were some OEV's but no mindfuck, it felt like u rode the elevator but it never really got u where u wanted to and stopped a few stories down, if u know what i mean. But if u wanted to really trip u had to take 30mg, or more obviously.
Now to my question. I ordered a second batch from the same guy/company but this batch doesn't look anything like the previous one. It is entirely chrystallized and looks like something between sugar and salt, and the color isn't even the same. This batch has a slight yellowish color to it or something, hard to describe. It certainly isn't completely white like my first batch. And it also have a much higher density. I haven't dared to try this new batch yet, but is this/could this be 2c-b? I've taken a comparison picture but my webcam sux so the same thing goes for the imagequality. the left spoon contains my first batch and the right spoon my newest
h t t p : / / img222.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture4bg5.jpg
I asked the chinese ofc and he said and i quote "The sample will change colour little while storing, non't worry." Is this true and if so, will it effect the potency? But it doesn't explain the characteristic changes

No one will be able to tell you for sure if that's 2C-B, but I wouldn't be too worried about a color/consistency change. They probably synthed a new batch and it came out a little different. This happens quite often. Color doesn't mean too much about purity. A very very small impurity (2-5%) can completely discolor the entire batch.

Also 2c-b should be completely stable, even at room temperature, so I doubt this is degredation. 2c-b shouldn't have much mind changes, so your previous reports sound about right.

I would test it at a low level again, and see what you think from there.

marquis test it, 2CB has a very distinct reaction with marquis.

I got some pure white HCL a while ago also that was the best 2CB I've ever had. Soooooooo freaking clean and smooth on the body. Since then I've gotten two different HBr batches and they both have been a tad rougher on the body (also requiring a higher dose compared to the HCL for an equipotent trip).

I don't find 2c-b to be lighthearted, silly or giggly at all. It hits me just as hard as any of the more onimous psychedelics. But I've resolved this to the fact that I have an extremely low tolerance to this stuff for some reason.

@10mg I get everything gently breathing and lights very bright, audio hallucinations, pupils huge, depth perception way off, mind working faster. Friends get no visuals and only a slight cognative difference, which they describe feels like ecstasy first saying hello (before any kind of peak).

@15mg I feel that it is at least as strong as a good tab of acid for me, if not two. Everything that happens at 10mg happens as well, only the visuals are more intense, everything leaves huge trails and my mind becomes very analytical. It's controllable, yes, but it is serious. My friends said that things might have appeared a bit more "alive," but they didn't even have any breathing or true psychedelic feelings and wouldn't compare it to a tab of acid.

@20mg My entire reality broke down for nearly 6 hours. All I could do was lay in my bed and hold on. I have never, never seen visuals like that, nor did I think they could exist (I barely get any visuals from acid or mushrooms). Breathing, trails, kalidoscopes, morphing, melting, etc. My body was really cold and I seriously felt conscious of ever single distinct cell. And my mind, well it was processing information at the speed of light. I felt like I had telepathy even, all I had to do was think about someone I knew and I immedately felt as if I knew what they were doing and thinking at the time. Same goes for tv or internet, ANYTHING I saw, my mind would, in the matter of 10 seconds, give me a complete backstory of. The only thing it did lack was a true threat of negative self-introspection. My mind wanted to think abou things external to myself.

I respect this compound very much. It is not recreational for me; it's a real thing.

Redleader said:
I don't find 2c-b to be lighthearted, silly or giggly at all. It hits me just as hard as any of the more onimous psychedelics. But I've resolved this to the fact that I have an extremely low tolerance to this stuff for some reason.

@10mg I get everything gently breathing and lights very bright, audio hallucinations, pupils huge, depth perception way off, mind working faster. Friends get no visuals and only a slight cognative difference, which they describe feels like ecstasy first saying hello (before any kind of peak).

@15mg I feel that it is at least as strong as a good tab of acid for me, if not two. Everything that happens at 10mg happens as well, only the visuals are more intense, everything leaves huge trails and my mind becomes very analytical. It's controllable, yes, but it is serious. My friends said that things might have appeared a bit more "alive," but they didn't even have any breathing or true psychedelic feelings and wouldn't compare it to a tab of acid.

@20mg My entire reality broke down for nearly 6 hours. All I could do was lay in my bed and hold on. I have never, never seen visuals like that, nor did I think they could exist (I barely get any visuals from acid or mushrooms). Breathing, trails, kalidoscopes, morphing, melting, etc. My body was really cold and I seriously felt conscious of ever single distinct cell. And my mind, well it was processing information at the speed of light. I felt like I had telepathy even, all I had to do was think about someone I knew and I immedately felt as if I knew what they were doing and thinking at the time. Same goes for tv or internet, ANYTHING I saw, my mind would, in the matter of 10 seconds, give me a complete backstory of. The only thing it did lack was a true threat of negative self-introspection. My mind wanted to think abou things external to myself.

I respect this compound very much. It is not recreational for me; it's a real thing.

I think I am an exception to most people, 2c-b - even at 30mg- never really gave me any visuals. Most I get is a hastened thought process and a slight body load / playful demeanor. I've seen other people have the same dose, or less, of the same batch and have a pretty tripped out night, so I know it's not the product.

Though when I take it in combination with other psychs it definitely changes the trip.

Maybe I'll try a 50mg dose some day.

To Redleader :

Thanks for your post. I believe it is once again a confirmation of the variation of effect experienced by some 2C-B users. I have exchanged a number of emails with some friends about this, I have also posted on this subject.

Looks like some people are more sensitive to 2C-B than others, and they seem to be a minority. For those, 2C-B is intensely psychedelic and visual. Others experience it as more calmer and gentler, less or no visual effects, and not strongly psychedelic.

I never had OEV's on 2C-B, I have CEV's, nice, geometric patterns. Also 2C-B is kind of nice and friendly, not too intense.

I had CEV's on 2C-I. Also what I felt in 2C-I matched exactly the description of effects and dose I had taken. I like 2C-I much less than 2C-B though.

By the way, this is an exception, most RC's and other substances are more or less uniform in their effects on different subjects. I have seen posted 2C-E shows also some user variation to a less extent.

The only thing I ever seen written about this is by Shulgin, on the Aleph compouns and a few other RC's he was doing research on. Different people experienced different effects from these.

Since you feel the 2C-B more than others, just dose it accordingly.

xwinorb said:
I had CEV's on 2C-I. Also what I felt in 2C-I matched exactly the description of effects and dose I had taken.

That's funny, because I've noticed 2C-I to be very suspectible to suggestion and placebo. You can very much control the trip and visuals whichever way you please.

I just took 2C-I once. Dose 15 mg. It took some 1.5 h to hit, I had some nice OEV's and good expectations. Then it changed to a more somber and sad mood. After that, better, then experienced that funny "body buzz" feeling. Overall it lasted some 7 h or so. I never repeated because then I started doing 2C-B and liked it a lot more.

Everything as I had read in the forums, including the expected intensity from the dose I had taken.

Dosed again recently @20mg. Come-up felt like a double-drop of strong mdma. Physically, it was beautiful...rushes, tingles, floating limbs, etc. The 3-4 hour peak, though, I was incapacitated once again in my bed, though this time I enjoyed the trip much more than my last 20mg endeaver. Again, though, I am fully aware of my sensativity to this drug. 20mg feels like 3-4 tabs of LSD to me. I mean I was GONE for the peak....I traveled to other planets, made 12 new imaginary friends, traveled through world history, learned various psychic techniques, etc. I was GONE. And the OEV were again as insane as anything I have ever seen. I mean truly unreal.

I have tripped on LSD, Mushrooms, 5-MeO-DiPt, AMT, 2c-i, 2c-t-7, DOM, Peyote, etc. I am not inexperienced. 2c-b just rapes my mind. period.

I am one of the, err, lucky ones that is extremely sensative to this stuff. Wow.

Redleader said:
Dosed again recently @20mg. Come-up felt like a double-drop of strong mdma. Physically, it was beautiful...rushes, tingles, floating limbs, etc. The 3-4 hour peak, though, I was incapacitated once again in my bed, though this time I enjoyed the trip much more than my last 20mg endeaver. Again, though, I am fully aware of my sensativity to this drug. 20mg feels like 3-4 tabs of LSD to me. I mean I was GONE for the peak....I traveled to other planets, made 12 new imaginary friends, traveled through world history, learned various psychic techniques, etc. I was GONE. And the OEV were again as insane as anything I have ever seen. I mean truly unreal.

I have tripped on LSD, Mushrooms, 5-MeO-DiPt, AMT, 2c-i, 2c-t-7, DOM, Peyote, etc. I am not inexperienced. 2c-b just rapes my mind. period.

I am one of the, err, lucky ones that is extremely sensative to this stuff. Wow.
you might want to try staggering your dosage a little bit (like over the course of 30-45 minutes. This might reduce the incapacitation (unless of course you want a more rocket ride trip =D).

Redleader said:

You're not the only one - it knocked me sideways and slapped me silly :D.

Visually I got very little from it - barely noticed any visuals in fact - but mentally I was utterly gone. Gone in a very good way, mind ;).

I won't bore you with the details now, but I described it as best I could here (about halfway down the page).

One pill was plenty for me, but it unfortunately only came my way that one time. Perhaps with more familiarity I'd be less impressed, but I just get the feeling I'm rather sensitive to the stuff as how I (and my occasional ladyfriend) experienced it seems very different to how others have.

Giggles on 2CB

Just wondered if anyone else experienced intense uncontrollable giggles whilst on 2CB? I took it at a festival and had an amazing experience, very uplifting/sociable with warm visuals, no real mindfuck or anything, although I did spend the best part of an hour laid on my back laughing (worryingly quite insanely) with tears running down my cheeks! :D

I actually pulled a chest muscle from laughing so hard! =D

Spoke to another guy the next morning who had taken the same pills, he said "oh yeah, thats what 2CB does, makes you giggle"

So is this a fairly common theme from this chemical, or did I just lose it a bit? I don't normally get the giggles on stuff so it took me by suprise!

Status
Not open for further replies.