View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 25I-NBOMe Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we have any evidence that complexing is more effective than simply neutralising to a salt. Do we even know for sure if the pore size is correct?

^ This is the Great Question that I would love to see answered.

I might have to just buy some HPBCD and test this out for myself.

also I would like to ask: has anyone noticed any subjective differences between nasal and buccal administration?

i have tried 25i only by the nose. i found it to be very "speedy" (felt like amphetamine) compared to buccal administration of 25d or 25c.
i'm guessing this effect is something unique to this compound. Hopefully i can bioassay some 25d via nasal before long.

do other people find the iodine moiety to be very pushy and stimulant-like?

Ended up adding water to it. worked well :)

Made my legs hurt decently despite being one of my new fav psychedelics!

anyone else get weird pains in there legs?

It could very well have been from vasoconstriction. I have yet to try 25I. 25C did not give me that kind of vasoconstriction, but I presume it is also dependent on many factors including dose, personal physiology, and even things such as what/when you last ate, external stressors, hormones and level of physical activity. For instance, I experienced profound vasoconstriction once on 5-MeO-MiPT after I had been laying down in the sun for hours, and when I got up my legs caned intensely.

You may be able to mitigate this by moving around periodically to keep the circulation flowing. Niacin, magnesium, and Hawthorn are examples of vitamins and supplements that have a vasodilator effect. It may be helpful to keep some around. I might do the same for future experiments.

Now that you mention vasoconstriction, I do recall during my 25I trip an occasional slight tingling in the extremities. Nothing painful or distracting, but I definitely wasn't imagining it. Would this be related to vasoconstriction?

Soooo I've been doing some thinking about a point someone made in a thread about the PH level of your stomach effecting the absorption of psychedelics. Apparently having a more basic environment potentiates the absorption of most PEA's. I was wondering if the raising the PH level of your mouth before trying to buccally absorb 25i-NBOMe would potentiate the absorption of it into your cheek cells.

Would chewing up a tums really thoroughly or swishing some pepto bismol around my mouth before dosing have a chance of potentiating the buccal absorption of 25i?

I'd like to see that thread.

The body works very hard to ensure that the pH of the stomach is about 1.

If the theory holds for the mouth we would see that the salt, formed at low pH, would be better absorbed... and it is.

The thread was actually about Vitamin C effecting the power of psychedelic substances or something of that nature. there was a point made that eating a tums right before mescaline potentiates it and that should apply to almost any PEA in the 2c-family.

I think, and I might be wrong here, that the idea of that is to reduce urine pH, slowing excretion.

hmmmmm well maybe I'll try the tums thing next time I take a tab and see if it seems substantially stronger than a tab was previously

Soooo I've been doing some thinking about a point someone made in a thread about the PH level of your stomach effecting the absorption of psychedelics. Apparently having a more basic environment potentiates the absorption of most PEA's. I was wondering if the raising the PH level of your mouth before trying to buccally absorb 25i-NBOMe would potentiate the absorption of it into your cheek cells.

Would chewing up a tums really thoroughly or swishing some pepto bismol around my mouth before dosing have a chance of potentiating the buccal absorption of 25i?

No effect via swishing. Taking the 2C or -drone or amphetamine ORALLY about 10 mins after eating a LOT of tums (or a teapspoon of baking soda [but beware this can lead to liqui-shits]) can and in my and others experience DOES enhance the effect by about 1/3 via an effect on absorption of phenethylamines caused by the basic environment (acidic environment caused by fruit juices causes inverse effect, reduced absorption... perhaps not so much via vitamin C... there is ALOT more acid in a glass of OJ due to the LARGE amount of citric acid as opposed to even grams of C). Anyway, the effect is one that occurs on the response of the digestive system, not on the drug itself and not on mucosal tissues.

also I would like to ask: has anyone noticed any subjective differences between nasal and buccal administration?

i have tried 25i only by the nose. i found it to be very "speedy" (felt like amphetamine) compared to buccal administration of 25d or 25c.
i'm guessing this effect is something unique to this compound. Hopefully i can bioassay some 25d via nasal before long.

do other people find the iodine moiety to be very pushy and stimulant-like?

I haven't tried 25I but I have tried 25C and 25D both nasally using mannitol as a carrier. My trial of 25D was only very recently, the dose was 400 ug. This isn't the thread for it but I wanted to comment on your remark because insufflating 25D gave me side-effects that were partially speedy-like in that it gave me palpitation so I'm thinking adrenergic action... but what was worse was very cold feet, it felt pretty bad especially for that low a dose.

The experience itself was quite pleasant though. I was satisfied having my mannitol-cut snortable product but now after this experience I wonder if the route of administration makes a lot of difference. I thought 25C was really quite okay.

So, there needs to be analogues of this series made where a single fluorine is attached on either of the carbons adjacent to the amine nitrogen.
(random musings)
(to protect against cleavage at this bonding site, to test the first-pass metabolism degradation theory - it should work)

^Are you saying that the NBOMes could be made orally bioavailable by modifying the molecule in this way? If so, then I think the chemists need to pay attention :) The ROA is the only reason why I rarely explore these series.

Now that you mention vasoconstriction, I do recall during my 25I trip an occasional slight tingling in the extremities. Nothing painful or distracting, but I definitely wasn't imagining it. Would this be related to vasoconstriction?

Interesting. It possibly could have been, although I would have thought that by the time you were feeling tingling sensations associated with numbness, other symptoms of vasoconstriction would have been noticeable to you such as cold hands and feet. I find vasoconstriction on psychedelics to be a painful thing, to some degree. 25C was very tactile enhancing for me with the tactile equivalent of visuals. Even chewing something crunchy felt very strange on my teeth. I could imagine feeling tingling sensations on this psych, pleasant ones.

As long as you are not feeling pain or experiencing blueing of the extremities, I would not be too worried.

So, there needs to be analogues of this series made where a single fluorine is attached on either of the carbons adjacent to the amine nitrogen.
(random musings)
(to protect against cleavage at this bonding site, to test the first-pass metabolism degradation theory - it should work)
Carbons adjascent to what? If you meant amino function indeed I fear it would be not stable enough for some regular isolation, not talking about doing it in vivo.

If you wanted to say "adjascent to the carbon to which the amino function is attached", that would lower the basicity of the amine, which is bad. Even making it from primary to secondary amine by adding the benzyl substituent is bad, but that is compensated by the effect on binding of that (2-OMe)benzyl. But then it shouldn't protect it against any metabolic degradation it might be suffering from.

And even if we manage to eliminate the possibility of their metabolic degradation, what we would probably get are the chemicals with 30+ hours duration of effects, due to their lipophilicity. Even 2C-H-NBOMe and 2C-O-NBOMe hydrochlorides dissolve in chlororganics just as well as 2C-B or I -NBOMe. So they still are PTCs, regardless of the seemingly low logP.

Hmm, what about eating something very spicy or even swishing hot sauce in your mouth a bit before a sublingual application? Wouldnt that stimulate the blood vessels in the mouth & tongue & help facilitate the rate/amount of drug entering ones bloodstream? I recently got an awesome deal on 25i nbome as an introductory offer for this chem at one of the vendors I go through, I couldnt pass it up. The thing is, I now have way more than someone who isnt trying to deal needs considering the minuscule dosage range. I've gone over this thread back & forth three or four times & there doesnt really seem to be a consensus on exactly how to ingest/prepare this material. In my head, I'm thinking some sort of gel tab formulation might just be the way to go. I have no chemistry experience whatsoever, so I hope it's not a stupid question to wonder about the success of dissolving said substance in an alcohol based mouthwash such as scope or listerine & how that would affect or detract from the bioavailability or potency. I saw on Current where a medicine man in Brazil administered an extremely potent substance to his patients by burning out dots on their skin with a long twig & then applying the medicine directly on the fresh wounds. Could this procedure work with some of the microgram threshold drugs I wonder?

We think it's totally destroyed on first pass.

If it avoids first pass then it sticks around for 8 hours.

That means it's somewhere for 8 hours which allows it to avoid the liver. (The brain perhaps)

If we can stop it getting metabolised on first pass, then it could go round the body twice, get reabsorbed and stay in the brain for another 8 hours until it eventually gets excreted.

Seems like preventing the metabolism could be really risky with something like this.

It doesn't quite work like that Transform. Your liver is not the only organ responsible for breaking this down, your brain itself is quite capable of "metabolism".

When making blotters whats the greatest solubility that's been achieved? I made a solution of 10mg/mL and used that to make blotters but I could only get 150 mcg in a 1/2" square. I ended up doubling up the dose to 300 mcg but know that commercially available blotters are much smaller at a higher dose and was wondering how those were made.

Anyway, two blotters applied bucally for 20 minutes didn't produce a whole lot of effects other than a very pleasant body load and very dilated eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.