• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 25C-NBOH Thread

I tried 25C-NBOH for the first time today -- a whole one of the cute little strawberry tabs, so 1000ug AFAIK. And yikes! Gotta say ... this one is not to my liking.

OK, things looked kinda "extra-pretty" and music sounded a little more interesting than normal. Head space was no place, though. Like, really nowhere. I was completely devoid of thoughts, emotions, concerns -- indifferent to everything, unempathetic. I laid around just blank, searching for a thought that might interest me. Nope. I guess it was kind of interesting to "not feel" for a few hours? But, wow -- this is just the opposite of why, in general, psychedelics are of such interest to me.

And, strangely, no physical side effects hit me until about the fourth hour, at which point I became short of breath and my heart started to race. Based on experiences with similar chemicals, I was expecting that, but (a) much earlier and (b) less of it. 0.5 mg of Klonopin and some chamomile tea helped. But, ugh ... not perfect.

I'm very likely in a cross-tolerance situation, so I won't write this off just yet. I won't be going back to it next week either, though. <sigh>

I tried 25C-NBOH for the first time today -- a whole one of the cute little strawberry tabs, so 1000ug AFAIK. And yikes! Gotta say ... this one is not to my liking.

OK, things looked kinda "extra-pretty" and music sounded a little more interesting than normal. Head space was no place, though. Like, really nowhere. I was completely devoid of thoughts, emotions, concerns -- indifferent to everything, unempathetic. I laid around just blank, searching for a thought that might interest me. Nope. I guess it was kind of interesting to "not feel" for a few hours? But, wow -- this is just the opposite of why, in general, psychedelics are of such interest to me.

And, strangely, no physical side effects hit me until about the fourth hour, at which point I became short of breath and my heart started to race. Based on experiences with similar chemicals, I was expecting that, but (a) much earlier and (b) less of it. 0.5 mg of Klonopin and some chamomile tea helped. But, ugh ... not perfect.

I'm very likely in a cross-tolerance situation, so I won't write this off just yet. I won't be going back to it next week either, though. <sigh>

Yes, this doesn't sound anything like 25c-nbome (in relation to my experiences with the chemical). I would say give yourself a couple weeks break from psychedelics, I've seen you post a good bit of trip reports lately. I'll relate to you a little story, I discovered 25C-NBOME over a year ago (maybe 2) and I had my first trip on it. Wild visuals, everything was melting together, no fractals... no it was more like an electric flashing soup where boundaries were distorted and patterns would writhe and turn in on themselves into new shapes... Anyway, great time, great experience. No bodyload at all. Naturally I wanted to try this again... so I did the next day. I kept trying it. Then I kept trying 25I, then I started trying 25C again... ok. I've never had visuals like that again. I'm taking a long break from phenethylamines now. I feel like the visual character of my trips will forever be distorted by this tolerance.

Anyway, what I'm saying is: be careful with your tolerance... changing your brain isn't good :) Not nice to not be able to recognize yourself. A lot of days I wake up and say "This is me?" and also, 25C-nboh sounds a whole lot worse than its cousin that I took. But you mentioned nbomes doing that to you anyway. I would say, wait for the tolerance to subside a good, long while and try it again. the nbome version can be so amazing when used properly (I should procure an amount to save until I'm old so I can be nbombing grandpa.)

This may combo well with something like, say, DMT (or another tryptamine that's considered safe), so try that before you write off the material completely. An added dimension to an experience can be the thing turning it from a +2 into a +3. Always titrate carefully, of course.

I'm new to this site and am here because I couldn't work out where to do this on erowid. I dont even know if Im meant to write trip reports in here but hey, I need to share this.
So I got an email from my friend telling me about 25C-NBOH and here is his trip report:
"Setting: Small house party with 15 friends
Dosage of 25C-NBOH: 1mg held under the tongue for 30 minutes then swallowed.
T:30 minutes: slight shaking
T: 1 hour: feel slightly tweaked, hot flushes, cold sweats, nervous, but over whelmed by giggles.
Time is not very familiar after this point: light visuals (patterns on walls shifting, seeing faces in rocks) but nothing extreme. Visuals almost forced.
After a bit of this the side effects seemed to not go away (the weather was terrible and it was very scary) so I took 2mg of diazepam. There was a little effect at reducing shaking and helping me relax. It reached what I thought was the peak at maybe 2 hours where the tiles in the bathroom changed distance and the alien, Roger, from american dad had an outline in the tiles and was prancing around. Abit of fun but nothing any other psyc doesnt give you.
I thought it was starting to wear off at maybe 3 hours? I had a few drinks and then I remembered I had some cannabis. That gave it the boost to the moon it had been waiting for. I was lying on the floor by the speakers staring at the lasers on the ceiling in a euphoric k-hole like experience. I had 3 states of conciousness that began with the near paralysed me on the floor that cant connect with reality. The one where I was euphoric and happy to be where I was, with my friends partying and I had great thoughts about how these are the memories I want for ever. And then there was the third consciousness that was so clear, so perfect. I understood everything. This third consciousness could see into another dimension behind the lasers that somehow made everything in the universe work. It was pretty mind blowing. The best thing about it was if someone turned off the music and the lights on, I could snap back to reality to a certain extent and not look like I need an ambulance. For a while I couldn't hear properly and I just kept getting hypnotised by the lights. By around 8 hours in I was nearly baseline and slept. Woke up perfectly fine.
This chem was very different from anything else I've ever experienced or heard of because of the insane euphoria bought with it.
A side note is a few people who had been drinking quite alot had no effects of 0.5mg, where as someone who hadn't been drinking found a small level of visuals but nothing spectacular."
He said he is intending to try 1.5 or 2mg a week later to see if there is any kind of tolerance and investigate the power of higher doses.
He is not sure about people dosing at 0.5mg because it is already documented the -NBOH's are less potent than -NBOMe's so a higher dose is required

Well this stuff is weird. Two individials took the identical 25C-NBOH HCL 1mg tabs at the same time. No food eaten >4h beforehand, no drugs in the system for >2wk apart from coffee. In one person, a textbook LSD trip resulted - with profound visuals, insane psychedelia, looping thoughts, syneaesthesia, re-evaluation of the most basic concepts etc. Onset took 15 minutes, peak lasted 3-4 hours, baseline at T+6:00. In other person, no effects were noticed whatsoever apart from bitter taste in the mouth, neck tension, and a barely noticeable *heavy* feeling in the head. Therefore, at T+3:00, 150 mg methoxphenidine was ingested, which resulted in the utterly bizarre experience sharing both psychedelic and disassociative components. I still can't figure out what the hell happened. Anyways, it's peculiar that 1mg can vary in effects from +++ to none depending ot the person. On a side note, the person who experienced no effects from 25C-NBOH (me) had had similar issues with blotters presumably containing 25X series in the past, where virtually NO effects were observed...

Did you let the substance absorb through the gum/cheek for about half an hour? Absorption is a problem with the NBOMe series, so I'm guessing it could be with the NBOH series too.

Probably a little less though, the phenol in NBOH is a bit more polar.

Well I held it under the tongue for 15 minutes without swallowing saliva. So did other person - exactly the same route of administration. Interestingly, she felt the onset even before the quarter of an hour mark - extremely rapid. Now, I recall 2 occasions when the same shit had happened to me, though I am not sure what the blotter content had been; anyhow, they had been extremely bitter, so presumably the 25s. Again, every one tripped except me, following the same ROA. Now I start wondering if there's something wrong with my oral mucosa, lol.
I was also wondering if 1)there would be a tolerance to other 5-HT2a agonists even if no trip whatsoever took place, 2)of how long duration, and 3)would that tolerance be restricted to NBOXs, or would it also apply to bk-2-C-X series and ergolines (LSZ and such)?

I am considering giving this compound a second try, this time in complexed form though. Now I wonder how could I increase the effectiveness of absorption? I.e., where is it best to put the blotter, for how long, and should I swallow the saliva or not? Any tips are welcome. Thanks.

I chew it and keep chewing it once the flavor starts, and I do not hesitate to swallow.
the tongue and lips go numb and - while my current test is 25-i-nboh - I do not rate it milder than nbome. a bit brighter maybe? could just be mindset.

my delivery arrived at ~4:00pm from a new vendor, and the 25-i-nboh blotters were cute little things much smaller than envisioned and clearly part of a larger artwork on a printed sheet that resembled the advertised red with black skulls in no way.
I was delighted to receive them, rated at 1200 mics, and though I wanted to jump right in on a half blotter I thought I might just want to take it more slowly. and just have a peak at what a quarter might do - this is really a new compound - we only have awareness of 25-i-nbome, and it could be stronger or weaker or laid differently.

Because of other s moving around the office it was nearly an hour before I could cut one into four and then pop the tiny piece of hard paper into my mouth. (4:30PM)

Other blotters that i recently tested were four times the size so this was a very wee bit of paper… the flavour built to a strong biting iodine tang that I was familiar with with nbome. nearly identical. but I was astonished how they got it squeezed into the tiny paper.

my mouth became numb. after 30 minutes I spit out the paper.

By 530 pm, I was tweaky, resetting myself physically every 2 minutes or so, and noticing that things were shifting visually. I was able to concentrate on a dojo tutorial, and continued with that until 6.30 when it was just more fun to watch traffic out the window and then go to dinner. The nervousness subsided as it hit its peak… eating was easy, then more traffic watching until we went out.

We went out at 8:30 and got back at 11pm and I was able to mingle absolutely normally.
but the visuals were enhanced, more so outside of the bar - though I noticed some astonishing beauties within the bar as well….

my take on this batch of nboh is that it is more impressive than the nbome version and the small blotter size is very attractive to me.

at 12 midnight I still tasted it in my mouth but was pretty much down.

the 300 mic quarter blotter of nboh is definitely seems slightly stronger than the 250 mic quarter blotter of nbome and the visual enhancements are much stronger.
by 1 pm effects have passed completely,

I have taken 0.5, 1, and 2mg for dosages and have trippes on it 20ish times.

Onset takes around 30 minutes to an hour.

Tolerance seems to be gone after 4-5 days.

I've noticed the visual field looks as is it turns into a clear liquidy syrup. Just a main characteristic I've noticed.

Common street name atleast in my small town in the midwest is "Strawberry Syrup"
A lot of the 1mg tabs I've seen have strawberries on them.

my delivery arrived at ~4:00pm from a new vendor, and the 25-i-nboh blotters were cute little things much smaller than envisioned and clearly part of a larger artwork on a printed sheet that resembled the advertised red with black skulls in no way.
I was delighted to receive them, rated at 1200 mics, and though I wanted to jump right in on a half blotter I thought I might just want to take it more slowly. and just have a peak at what a quarter might do - this is really a new compound - we only have awareness of 25-i-nbome, and it could be stronger or weaker or laid differently.

Because of other s moving around the office it was nearly an hour before I could cut one into four and then pop the tiny piece of hard paper into my mouth. (4:30PM)

Other blotters that i recently tested were four times the size so this was a very wee bit of paper… the flavour built to a strong biting iodine tang that I was familiar with with nbome. nearly identical. but I was astonished how they got it squeezed into the tiny paper.

my mouth became numb. after 30 minutes I spit out the paper.

By 530 pm, I was tweaky, resetting myself physically every 2 minutes or so, and noticing that things were shifting visually. I was able to concentrate on a dojo tutorial, and continued with that until 6.30 when it was just more fun to watch traffic out the window and then go to dinner. The nervousness subsided as it hit its peak… eating was easy, then more traffic watching until we went out.

We went out at 8:30 and got back at 11pm and I was able to mingle absolutely normally.
but the visuals were enhanced, more so outside of the bar - though I noticed some astonishing beauties within the bar as well….

my take on this batch of nboh is that it is more impressive than the nbome version and the small blotter size is very attractive to me.

at 12 midnight I still tasted it in my mouth but was pretty much down.

the 300 mic quarter blotter of nboh is definitely seems slightly stronger than the 250 mic quarter blotter of nbome and the visual enhancements are much stronger.
by 1 pm effects have passed completely,

This thread is about 25C-NBOH, right? Rather than 25I-NBOH, which you wrote about? Do we have a 25I-NBOH thread? I haven't even heard of these, though I just came back after a 2-3 year sabbatical. I knew about the NBOMe family, which this is distinct from, right?

Either way, thanks for sharing :) With such brand new and novel compounds every single experience report is significant.

Yeah we have a 25I-NBOH thread, check the Index (link below in my signature - a big official link in the PD header is being restored).

I'm surprised to hear that an NBOH is about equipotent to an NBOMe although you didn't specify which. I am assuming based on the same parent 2C-X...

What are some other differences between the NBOH's and NBOMe's ? (Also surprising if NBOH is more visual). Is the idea that NBOH's are more gentle correct?
I don't believe there is any evidence that they are safer though...

I've tried 25b & 25i nbome, I would say 25b nbome is about 3x more potent than 25c nboh and 25i nbome 2x more potent (i found 25b nbome much stronger than 25i nbome).
Both 25b & 25i nbome are hands down, no contest way more visual than 25c nboh.
The biggest difference I've noticed is 25c nboh has a reasonably strong stimulant effect with a bit of euphoria, definently an easier going trip.
I never tried 25c-nbome unfortunately, so I can't compare straight up 25c-x's.
I will also add I found 25c-nboh has a strong tolerence, upto 7 days later 2mg won't do anything to me and 2-3 weeks before tolerence drops completely

Last edited:
2 blotters (each 1,000mg complexed) of 25I-NBOH completely blew me away, simply astounding...
P.S. on a side note, it was notably nauseating during the comeup phase, almost as much as aMT! Metoclopramide would have been helpful in hindsight. However, this was the only observed side effect. Sweaty clammy hands and jittery involuntarily bodily movements do not count I guess.

Last edited:
Got around to trying a half blotter of 25c-nboh today. I had taken probably a third of a blotter of the 25i version a week and 2 days ago, so I figured I ought to have my tolerance down enough to experience this substance.

I may have needed to wait longer.

I felt it start after about an hour, and after another hour I felt a strange body buzz similar to a weak hit of E. There was some peripheral visual distortions that made things appear to be made of fluid if I wasn't looking at them, which was neat. Oh, and i developed a silly idiot grin, felt really smiley, but did not feel anything I'd call euphoria. Sadly this was basically the peak of the experience. These effects got a little stronger, and then that was that. I got pretty bored and had no trouble sleeping even in the middle of still being clearly high.

25i nboh was acid without the headspace, this stuff was like being on a few Norco and a long past its peak hit of weed. Not that great, but I've got 2 tabs left, will he trying a full one in the next few weeks. Hopefully that's more fun and enlightening, and not deadly to me lol.

Still, im not expecting to get much on this one.

I had a similarly disappointing experience with 1 blotter of 25C-NBOH, yet 2 blotters of 25I-NBOH rocked the boat for me that's for sure. It could be either iodine vs chlorine or simply a higher dosage is needed to hit he switch..

When comparing drugs, it's important to try each of them at various doses first, so that one isn't comparing a small dose of one drug to a large dose of another. :)

I haven't tried these NBOH substances yet, but I have read a lot of people taking, what I consider to be, a small dose of an NBOMe and saying it's not as intense as LSD. Well duh :)

Oh lord, I'd imagine 2mg of 25i would just be a bit much. I was nearly blown away by half a blotter of it lol.

Still, this is not something that follows a linear dosage pattern, so comparing 1mg of c to 2mg of I probably isn't fair.

I have come to believe that since the NBOH derivitives duration of effects are about half as long as their respective NBOMe chemicals that tolerance for the NBOHs last about a week. So half as long as the NBOMes.
I suspected this before trying them due to the fact that the duration of smoked DMT is around 15-20 minutes and tolerance lasts about an hour and LSD duration of effects last about 8ish hours and its tolerance lasts about 2 weeks. So after a few months of experimenting with the tolerance of 25C-NBOH I have found that it lasts about 1 week. Half as long as the NBOMes.