• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy βK-2C-I Thread

The thyroid needs iodine, it is not inhibited by it. Your body needs iodine. Furthermore, you ingest iodine all the time in the form of iodide in table salt. It is there to make sure that the thyroid gets enough iodine. Organoiodine is another story. The iodine in a molecule like bk-2C-I is not released as free iodine in the body. Aryl iodides are not reactive toward nucleophilic substitution. Also, just because an organic compound contains iodine does not make it act as a thyroid inhibitor. The thyroid makes thyroxine from iodine and tyrosine. Thyroxine controls metabolism, but it requires at least three iodines per molecule to be active. bk-2C-I has only 1 iodine, so it will not affect your metabolism. That said, I'm not convinced that it will be a good psychedelic, since 2C-I is not all that great, and the bk compounds don't seem to be as good as the parent phenethylamines.

The thyroid gland obviously needs iodine but it doesn't mean that it can take any amount of iodine. Too much iodine can lead to subclinical hypothyroidism, which may have the same symptoms as hypothyroidism albeit lighter.

I'm well aware that the bond between the iodine atom and the aromatic ring is strong and it doesn't seem likely to me that all the iodine in a dose of 2C-I or bk-2C-I could leave the aromatic ring either. I assumed it could happen for 2C-I because an iodine atom is much bigger than fluorine or chlorine atoms and valence electrons are further from the nucleus. I actually found an article on 2C-I metabolism and there were no 2C-H-like metabolites floating around, it seems to be an incorrect idea spread on many forums, so it's good that you pointed out the flaw. The only explanation for some people feeling symptoms of subclinical hypothyroidism after 2C-I use is the impurity of the material, it's not like everyone having taken 2C-I experienced it after all, it's not even the majority. I myself never had any side effects related to my thyroid gland after 2C-I use. Anyway, with bk-2C-I there may be even more of an impurity by weight if it's not properly cleaned. I guess it's still good to know that.

Is there anyway to easily differentiate 2C-B with bk-2C-B? I read one post that pointed out that if bk-2C-B is added to water it turns a purplish color while 2C-B does not, can anyone confirm if this is indeed the case?

That is the case with basic (non-acidic) solutions.

It would be better to distinguish them with a test kit. I do have to wonder how they were even confused in the first place, being that one is potent and illegal and not likely to come from the same place the other would.

Since bk-2C-B is currently not controlled, I think a lot of online vendors could be selling it off as 2C-B, I just want to make sure that what I have as 2C-B really is 2C-B.

I wonder how should it be dosed? Will the beta-ketone moiety make it approximately 10 times less potent than 2C-I as is the case with bk-2c-b?
As for the vendor, I've ordered from them multiple times with great success. Perhaps I'll be adventurous and give it a shot...

That is the case with basic (non-acidic) solutions.

It would be better to distinguish them with a test kit. I do have to wonder how they were even confused in the first place, being that one is potent and illegal and not likely to come from the same place the other would.

I've confirmed that using water (not a strong effect), then with lye which was better especially if you give it a little time. It was a pinkish purplish red. I may have posted a pic of that somewhere, though i forget where.

Can you point out what difference a test-kit would show, Transform? You mean it's possible to differentiate using Marquis?..

I've confirmed that using water (not a strong effect), then with lye which was better especially if you give it a little time. It was a pinkish purplish red. I may have posted a pic of that somewhere, though i forget where.

Can you point out what difference a test-kit would show, Transform? You mean it's possible to differentiate using Marquis?..

Did you use a marquis? bk-2c-b on a marquis is orange, while 2cb is olive green. 2ci is also olive green on the marquis test. I'm not educated enough to know this for fact, but I'm guessing the beta ketone makes the test yellow/orange? Mephedrone is a pale yellow as well

I think it was in the bk-2c-b thread...

Reagents will show up some other possible substitutes for 2C-B.

I don't think anybody is likely to get away with substituting bk-2c-b for 2c-b since it's about a fifth as potent, a normal 2c-b dose wont be active with bk-2c-b, people would complain about the burning purple snot that does nothing.

If you wanted bk-2c-b then the pink water thing is a fairly good test, just put a little powder on some white paper & drop some slightly basic water on it. It's not an immediate reaction, but it'll turn pinkish purplish red after a few minutes.

Last edited:
So I ordered a sample and it was shipped yesterday. Will probably have a chance to sample it next week and tell you about the results.

Today I received the ordered AL-LAD along with the promised sample of bk-2C-I and yet another free sample of something that appears to be synthetic cannabioid. If compared with bk-2C-B, this chemical has a different color, appears much more dense and also does not clump together as bk-2C-B does:

Last edited by a moderator:
There's already a thread for this, which I'm sure this will soon be merged with. :) The general thinking is that it's probably fake, but I'm personally still waiting for a report. Though I wouldn't be the first to try it.

What do you mean, fake? Maybe one batch being sold, but as a compound I'm quite certain it is out there. Or, it may just not be potent enough to be interesting.

Merging.

What do you mean, fake? Maybe one batch being sold, but as a compound I'm quite certain it is out there.

It may well be out there, but this particular vendor has set itself a precedent by mis-selling blotters containing both Al-Lad & LSz as so-called "Pargy-Lad". Their blotters were tested & proven not to contain Pargy-Lad. There is therefore a reasonable chance that anything sold by that particular vendor may not be exactly what it seems.

There's also a reasonable chance this vendor has indeed got hold of bk-2c-i.

It may well be out there, but this particular vendor has set itself a precedent by mis-selling blotters containing both Al-Lad & LSz as so-called "Pargy-Lad". Their blotters were tested & proven not to contain Pargy-Lad. There is therefore a reasonable chance that anything sold by that particular vendor may not be exactly what it seems.

The plot has thickened re those PARGY blotters. More recent analytical results from different testers posted in the PARGY-LAD thread over at UKCR suggests the blotters may indeed have contained PARGY-LAD, and not AL-LAD/LSZ. Doubts have been raised about Wedinos' methodology too.

Anyhow, the above-mentioned sample of bk-2C-I is currently being assessed in-vivo. So far feels a lot like bk-2C-B somatically. A more or less detailed report will follow.

Well there's not much to write home about, folks. There's the whole somatic bunch of 2C-related crap such as increased mucus production, difficulty urinating, stomach bloating, clammy cold extremities and shivering, but not much in the thoughts and absolutely zero visually. At least it is a bit stimulating so I plan to stay awake all night and rehearse some psychiatry that's due to Thursday. If I pass I'll give it a '+' for being nootropic lol.
All in all, it is not even remotely close in psychedelic department to bk-2C-B. At 180 mg orally, that is, gellcapped, taken on an empty stomach, with 0 tolerance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok so I got 'A' in psychiatry exam, guess that could have been in some part influenced by studying while high on this compound. If anything, it gave me motivation to actually open the goddamn book...
Seriously though, it has no psychedelic value. No aftereffects were noted as well.

180mg orally doesn't seem very interesting, i have some of this compound laying around and will make some experimentation

Can this be smoked? as in just mixing in a spliff? i think i read somewhere bk-2cb was more visual this way

Should i vape it instead? in that case, would a setup with foil similiar to "chasing the dragon" (for smoking heroin) work? What's the boiling point of this compound?

Suggestions about dosage? i guess it should be lower that oral right? how much lower?

Any info would be appreciated :)

EDIT:

Also, does this follow the same pattern as BK-2CB regarding acidity/not mixing with water and would that make it bad for insufflation?

i have 1g of this, any suggestions regarding number of experiments i can do on different ROAs and dosage to maximize useful testing of this compound? i won't do rectal or IV/IM

EDIT2:

@afer - How long was the duration of the experience?

Last edited:
I had high hopes for this compound but it is seeming rather lacklustre by the reports.
Though this may be as inconsistent as dosing its brominated sister.
I'm happy to see research in the BK-2Cx series though.