View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy βK-2C-I Thread

Sandbwoy

Greenlighter
A UK vendor has just added bk-2CI to their product list, being the first in the UK to do so. It is completely uncontrolled in the UK (I'm not sure about other countries, anyone with any info on international legality please comment) so it does not require a Home Office licence for lab research.

At the moment, the only way to get hold of bk-2CI is as a free sample when spending over £100 at their site, as they only have a limited amount available for now. They have said however that if feedback is positive, they may stock more in the future.

What do you guys expect from this new compound? Do you think it might be just like 2C-I or do you think it could have it's own unique properties too? Could it turn out to be a popular choice amongst us researchers or will it flop? Any other comments would be appreciated. Also, anyone who gets the chance to try bk-2CI themselves, please comment on your experiences. As this is a new substance, it would be good to get as much information as possible all in one place.

Considering that bk-2C-B has considerably different effects than 2C-B, I expect that the 2C-I version will be different as well. I'll be very interested in hearing people's reports.

Do you plan on trying this yourself?

I think that the βk-2C-X compounds have unexpected (lowering) effects on blood pressure (edit: oh wait that may have been another compound) and everyone should be cautious with them because we clearly don't understand the full picture. Although at this time there is no reason to believe that they are really dangerous. Also, like βk-2C-B there is the issue of dimerization meaning that the compound should be stored dry and properly and be taken orally preferably always in a capsule, and IMO on a relatively empty stomach (although the latter could turn out different / quite the opposite / more complicated).

A concern or expectation that I would have is that 2C-I has a reputation of being shallow, particularly artificial or untrue in a certain way... certainly one of my complaints, and I recall βk-2C-B inspiring similar comments in people. So, is the bastard lovechild of those two supposed to be even worse? Maybe it is very suitable for people who are afraid of something meaningful, or you could just call it fun.
Also reactions vary and it might all turn out some other way!

Expectations (part of the original thread title) mmyea okay but let's keep pointless and baseless speculation at a bare minimum... actual information is just that much more important than socializing around the prospect of compounds, sorry.

Last edited:
Considering that bk-2C-B has considerably different effects than 2C-B, I expect that the 2C-I version will be different as well. I'll be very interested in hearing people's reports.

Do you plan on trying this yourself?

I do plan on trying this myself, but not sure exactly when I'll be able to spare £100 on an order to get the free sample. Hopefully it will be sooner rather than later, I'm definitely hoping to get hold of some before they run out of stock.

Over the last 12 months I've mainly been researching various benzos, but I'm planning on going back to mainly psychadelics as there are several new ones I haven't tried yet. bk-2C-B has been around for a while now but I still haven't even tried that, so I'm excited at the thought of having these 2 new beta ketone derivatives to try out.

Is this vendor trustworthy? It would be a shitty thing on their part if they're just trying to hype people up to spend 100€ with the promise of a new chem, only to ship out samples of BK 2c-b. As for interest, yeah, I don't hold high hopes for it but I'd definitely like to see further exploration the beta ketone versions of the 2 carbon series. Just hope the durations for all these aren't absurdly long and the effects lacking substance.

we are talking about the same vendor that just recently tried to sell fake PARGY-LAD, right? Do you really need any more evidence that they cannot be trusted...?

To be fair, βk-2C-I has a much higher chance to be real than a new lysergamide.

Still, we'll need a lab analysis to be sure.

Please keep in mind that at the doses that bk-2C-B is active, bk-2C-I is a hell lot of iodine and iodo groups are very good leaving groups so free iodine radicals are likely to be produced in your body after ingestion. For instance 100mg of bk-2C-I contains ~35mg of iodine, that's far less than a lethal dose of elemental iodine, but it may negatively impact your thyroid gland anyway and cause symptoms of hypothyroidism like low mood, dry skin and other skin problems, pounding heart, sweating, weakness, and nightmares to name a few.

Why would you risk if you can simply choose bk-2C-B instead? Also, investing 100 pounds to get a free sample of an untested compound (they certainly didn't test it if they don't plan on stocking it in the future unless the feedback is positive)? Something is not right here.

Last edited:
we are talking about the same vendor that just recently tried to sell fake PARGY-LAD, right? Do you really need any more evidence that they cannot be trusted...?

and the iffy 25I Nbo's ? - few warnings posted around the place about this vendor (should set off alarm bells)

Please use http://safeorscam.com to discuss the merits of vendors and try to keep discussion on bluelight to comments about the substance itself. If you think any more comments about the vendor (rather than the substance itself) are necessary then please contact a PD mod before posting. (We are super friendly)

Interesting to see another bk 2c appear. Obviously there are justifiable vendor concerns but nuff said about that.

Please keep in mind that at the doses that bk-2C-B is active, bk-2C-I is a hell lot of iodine and iodo groups are very good leaving groups so free iodine radicals are likely to be produced in your body after ingestion. For instance 100mg of bk-2C-I contains ~35mg of iodine, that's far less than a lethal dose of elemental iodine, but it may negatively impact your thyroid gland anyway and cause symptoms of hypothyroidism like low mood, dry skin and other skin problems, pounding heart, sweating, weakness, and nightmares to name a few.

Why would you risk if you can simply choose bk-2C-B instead? Also, investing 100 pounds to get a free sample of an untested compound (they certainly didn't test it if they don't plan on stocking it in the future unless the feedback is positive)? Something is not right here.

New chemicals often produce a little scarey stuff, like this. But unless we suffer a dirty bomb or a meltdown at one of Britain nuke stations, I can't see absorbing 35mg of Iodine being particularly healthy. 100% kudos for that post mate, because if not for it, people like me who are interested in new Psychedelics could make a mistake.

I didn't find bk-2c-b worth exploring beyond threshold doses once Al-Lad & LSz appeared & the wildly varying results from most peoples experiences with it kinda bear out my feelings.

2C-I itself was kind of a crappy psychedelic for me. Like others said before, very shallow, plastic and predictable, which considering its ~12 hr duration, gets boring pretty quick. It didn't give me any insight and I don't feel any better for having tried it (other than knowing its not really worth taking) It also made my thyroid swollen and throb for days afterward, almost as if someone was applying pressure to my throat and I've had no prior issues with my thyroid. So needless to say, I'll be skipping the bk-2C-I... if it even really exists.

It's become available to me a few times over the years, 2c-i, & I have consistently passed it up for the very reasons you describe. I had no idea that 2c-i itself might bring thyroid issues. Couple your story with the post I quoted above form Adder, & it does not bode well for this new psyche.

I'll be curious to hear from people who'll try this one, I guess it'll be a while though as I'm not sure how many people are willing to spend a 100 quid just to obtain a sample. Vendor doesn't even state how much bk-2ci will be in the sample >_>.

The thyroid needs iodine, it is not inhibited by it. Your body needs iodine. Furthermore, you ingest iodine all the time in the form of iodide in table salt. It is there to make sure that the thyroid gets enough iodine. Organoiodine is another story. The iodine in a molecule like bk-2C-I is not released as free iodine in the body. Aryl iodides are not reactive toward nucleophilic substitution. Also, just because an organic compound contains iodine does not make it act as a thyroid inhibitor. The thyroid makes thyroxine from iodine and tyrosine. Thyroxine controls metabolism, but it requires at least three iodines per molecule to be active. bk-2C-I has only 1 iodine, so it will not affect your metabolism. That said, I'm not convinced that it will be a good psychedelic, since 2C-I is not all that great, and the bk compounds don't seem to be as good as the parent phenethylamines.

I don't understand the idea behind this chem. 2ci is already by far the most stimulating of the 2c phenethylamines.
And Bk-2cb sounds like it is alot more stimulating and longer lived than 2cb. Bk-2ci sounds like it will probably be about as unpleasant as many people report doi to be.

No, with the bk-2cs, I am pretty sure that chloro is the way to go. Or when we are talking beta sub, then I'm sure that BOC could be quite sweet. Probably not very potent, but I bet it'd be an interesting chem.

@25iamsowonderfu

2ci lasts 6 hours (and a couple of hours of being stimulated coming down) not 12 hours.

And yes, it's shallow, but it also has some of the best CEV ever, imo.

@25iamsowonderfu

2ci lasts 6 hours (and a couple of hours of being stimulated coming down) not 12 hours.

And yes, it's shallow, but it also has some of the best CEV ever, imo.

For me, an oral dose of less than 20mgs lasted closer to 12 hours. Colors were cool shades and neon against a stark, desolate black. Almost a drearier, darker Matrix feel and just not very appealing because the visuals tended to look something this this:

NSFW:

For me, an oral dose of less than 20mgs lasted closer to 12 hours. Colors were cool shades and neon against a stark, desolate black. Almost a drearier, darker Matrix feel and just not very appealing because the visuals tended to look something this this:

NSFW:

Bummer, doesn't sound like 2CI at all.

i will make a trip report once i get the time to try it, meanwhile id like to add that an NMR is available so it sounds legit