• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

The big and dandy facial hair thread

16hrvcl.jpg

Saturday evening.. lol

None; shave it of. I cannot stand facial hair on men. Not knockingthose who prefer it, but I have never cared for it in the least.

I tried to grow a full beard last year but didn't have enough growth on my cheeks, trimmed it down to a Van Dyke.

I actually think the Van Dyke was the preferable option. I got cold feet & shaved it off but have grown it back again... just waiting for the moustache growth to play catch up so it hopefully looks like I want it to.

I've not had any compliments yet but neither has anyone told me it looks bad! :D

takes patience. haven't shaved goatee in months, shaved stache cuz it grows in quickly, trimmed sides at #2 just so the goateee sticks out. won't do any more trimming, really wanna see what/when i reach terminal length. im just happy i can twist my goatee now like khal...

tumblr_memlp2eP371rgk4ibo2_500.gif

Beards, goatee anything like that don't suit me, shave it all off every time.

im growing a moustache and sideburns atm

i like doing it because those are the areas that dont get itchy for me and i like the look of it

plus i have fun doing it because it looks good with stubble as well and its fun to shave the other areas and watch it progress

I used to be clean cut everyday. Then I switched to light mustache + light, low goatee. I'm considered an attractive guy, so I kept myself well groomed for the ladies... Then in last November, I completely stopped givin a shit about my facial hair when i realized that i have absolutely no reason to shave my face whatsoever..-haven't put a blade to my face since. My beard is pretty gnarly, hanging off my face. My mustache is growing over my mouth. I prefer the primal appearance which is accentuated by my physique because i work out routinely. Makes me feel more free like a feral man + less maintenance.

Last edited:
im growing a moustache and sideburns atm

i like doing it because those are the areas that dont get itchy for me and i like the look of it

plus i have fun doing it because it looks good with stubble as well and its fun to shave the other areas and watch it progress

Like all the guys from "Anchorman"?:

I always have at least a stache, it a requirement. Sometimes I'll grow out the chops (down the sides but not on chin) I've only shaved it all off twice since high school and the people that saw my that hated facial without it, said Oh hell no, grow it back lol
I was going through some pictures with my mom for a thing and I came across the 1 pic I have of me without it. Handed to my mom and said whos that? She looks at...says I dont know? So I asked, you've never sen that person? She looks again and says Nope! I say you sure? ...pretty sure! Well he's sitting next to you. She grab s the picture and stares at it, looks at me the pic. Says no way thats not you. My own mom couldnt recognize her own son and all I had done was shave my mustache lol

Im surprised so many people like facial hair. i find facial hair scratchy and annoying. Gotta shave it off or go crazy.

I can only seem to grow coarse facial hair around the goatee area and neck, everywhere else is patchy. my upper cheek area has slowly progressed in the last couple of years but still not to how I'd like it. I'd like to be able to grow a full stubble, I'm in my mid twenties is there still hope?

i miss my moe.

35 years disliking facial hair (not counting a couple of really lazy and ugly years in my early 20's) and then i tried for a curly handlebar as a joke and found that it fit me really well, and it made strangers happy. wife and young son both didn't like it, so it only lasted a year. :(

maybe i can save it for my fifties or something.

I love my beard. Nobody recognises me anymore, and looking after it (combing in beard oil, washing it etc) is a new ritual which is a pleasure for me.

edit: took a pic

zNb2394.jpg

Last edited:
^ dude, well on your way to accomplishing the george harrison lsd look. hair style/ beard coming together nicely.

uncanny resemblance
200_s.gif