• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy DXM Thread (archive start - 12-13-07)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obyron said:
DXM dissociates me enough to fuck up my binocular vision, which makes it difficult to look at screens and such. I wouldn't be able to hand-write legibly either.
This is my experience too. At high enough doses, you may need to close one eye to get much done in the physical world, and writing or typing comprehensibly takes a lot of effort if you can do it at all, because your fine motor control is impaired. If you want to make some kind of record, you might try a tape recorder (though I've never tried this).

Finally got some of the pure stuff, though I never really looked it just fell on my lap, and it's enough to hurt my balls of it falls on them.

Anyway, never really had much experience with DXM, just tried the god awful syrup a few times, but I can barely choke it down. I remember most of the times being okay-to-crappy-to-good. It's also been years, so I hardly remember the maybe 4-5 times I've done it.

I can't wait to try it again using pure stuff, makes dosing a lot easier, and a capsule full of DXM goes down a lot easier than even 3/4th fl.oz of zicam (with 540mg DXM). Too bad things aren't the best time, though they fucking were the other day.. God damn, a taste of 'happiness' and now it's gone. Oh well.

hey folks!

just wondering, i havnt done dxm in a while, last time i did it was 1200mg and i vommited after a few hours, buzzed pretty hard tho.

anyway that was with a tolerance as i had done it a couple times in the past month/s. Now, i havnt done it in a while, months, 3 or 4? possibly more dunno. Anyway my question was, is doing a 1000mg hit too much, is it going to have any adverse effect i wont want because i have a tolerance or will it just be really intense? ive done higher doses before, 600mg+.

I dont usually make pointless posts like this but, eeeeewww! DXM is so wrong, get K for a real dissociative trip. I ended up in hospital from 365mg and I dont think I have that enzyme deficiency, dont take this stuff lightly.

^ How do you know you don't have that deficiency? Also, could it have been caused by drug interactions perhaps? DXM is known not to mix well with lots of substances, for example DXM combined with MDMA can result in serotonin syndrome which is potentially fatal.

To moonyham: if your body handled 1200mg, tolerance or no tolerance, chances are that it will handle 1000mg as well. Just be prepared for a hell of an intense trip.

Havent done a dissociative in a while, (pcp 2 months ago, dxm 4 months ago) Was thinkin about pickin up some zicam and doin a 2nd or 3erd platuea dose this weekend with my cousin and friend. Anyone got the numbers, (mg of dxm) on the liquid zicam these days?

Changed said:
I might try some DXM this weekend... haven't done it before. start with a small dose on Friday.

problems with re-dosing larger on Saturday?
Re-dosing tends to be psychotic and generally unpleasant, I often end up doing it because I don't want the feeling to end - but it generally just gets worse. Its kinda fun in a crazy sort of way, I remember my house mate coming into my room at about 10am and he was like 'serious man get some sleep, you look like a mad man'.

lol... I'm actually heading home for the weekend, and will have nothing better to do, so I am going to dose a couple hundred mg's to see how it goes, then next weekend maybe I'll dip into the dissociative realm :)

Tomorrow night I'm going to drop ~210mg DXM freebase dissolved in a shot of vodka. Same dosage as the trip I mentioned in my previous post, just taken as freebase/alcohol solution rather than citrate/water solution. I will post any differences between the two forms in regard to body load, if any.

This will be an interesting experiment. :)

DXM use - safe to take with 150mg buPROPion ?

i take 150mg wellbutrin in the AM daily.

i just took it today (11:30am)

i took 50mg tramadol on 3pm two days ago (Thursday).

It's Saturday today and I'd like to take around 280-320mg of DXM.

My worries are:
- the tramadol will block or mess with the effects of DXM
- the wellbutrin will cause a prolonged hangover as well as shitty side effects.
- all four trip reports on erowid with wellbutrin+dxm all were negative...

HOWEVER,
- my good friend took a relatively low dose of DXM (220mg) on 150mg of Wellbutrin and didn't have any negative effects and he is planning on taking a real dose of DXM with me tonight (300mg+).

ANY/ALL help/info/comments would be appreciated. I don't want to have a shitty experience, and if i do, is it safe to mix some benzo's with DXM to just fall asleep if its a shitty "trip" ?

I merged in the above post. Very good question. Anyone have any ideas? My guess is that due to tramadol's SSRI activity, it would be a bad idea.

This stuff didn't work that well on me. Took a 600mg dose in shots over an hour following up with grapefruit chasers to get rid of the taste. Puked after an hour, then robowalked for a bit and felt pretty tipsy but didn't hit any sort of plateau. Went to bed and stared at my digital alarm clock, which suddenly seemed to morph into a universe, but was very, very shortlived and I was back to being tipsy within no time.

Xorkoth said:
I merged in the above post. Very good question. Anyone have any ideas? My guess is that due to tramadol's SSRI activity, it would be a bad idea.

even after 48 hours of not using it?

TheAppleCore said:
Tomorrow night I'm going to drop ~210mg DXM freebase dissolved in a shot of vodka. Same dosage as the trip I mentioned in my previous post, just taken as freebase/alcohol solution rather than citrate/water solution. I will post any differences between the two forms in regard to body load, if any.

This will be an interesting experiment. :)

That didn't work very well. :\ All the DXM crystals didn't dissolve in one shot of vodka, and I didn't want to add more alcohol because I didn't want to have a drunken DXM trip.

So I had to just add dump the vodka/DXM suspension in a glass of cola.

Trip was the same as before. I got the usual racing heart/over-stimulation/anxiety.

I'm gonna try chugging syrup next time, I think. I'll report back the results after I do that this upcoming weekend.

WeDieLaughing said:
Thats really not much DXM to trip on.

Yeah, for most. But I only weigh 50kg. For me, 210mg would be 4.2mg/kg. According to the Dextroverse, 4.2mg/kg is a good 2nd plateau trip.

TheAppleCore said:
That didn't work very well. :\ All the DXM crystals didn't dissolve in one shot of vodka, and I didn't want to add more alcohol because I didn't want to have a drunken DXM trip.

So I had to just add dump the vodka/DXM suspension in a glass of cola.

Trip was the same as before. I got the usual racing heart/over-stimulation/anxiety.

I'm gonna try chugging syrup next time, I think. I'll report back the results after I do that this upcoming weekend.
I have previously had the same problem, mind you I am usually trying to dissolve 1.2g - I usually just add citric acid to the vodka until it all dissolved, cola would achieve the same thing.

It seems weird though because I thought DXM freebase was freely soluble in alcohol.

Damn, haven't done it in a while until yesterday night when I took 160 mg aiming for a 1st plateau. It felt pretty terrible, I remember again this is one of the few drugs I don't like... seems toxic somehow :(

Yeah, I find DXM to feel horribly toxic... it makes me feel braindead and poisoned for many, many hours even at tiny doses. It didn't used to do that... it only happened after I foolishly used Coricidin a number of times one summer when I was young and stupid and didn't research my drugs.

Xorkoth said:
Yeah, I find DXM to feel horribly toxic...

Interesting that you should mention this, as it is something I have been considering lately. First, I should say that I find DXM to be an interesting and useful chemical and I do not find it horribly toxic. Second, I think feeling braindead, and using DXM to some extent go hand in hand. It, or more specifically, its metabolite, is a pretty strong NMDA antagonist, as you well know. No one is going to be developing the next theory of relativity under the influence of this sort of drug.

Not that I find DXM to be thought abolishing. On the contrary, I find its effect on thinking to be fascinating. I do however find that, for me, it renders the ability to translate thought into language pretty much non-existant. This can make me feel braindead sometimes. Especially, if I am trying to hold an intellingent conversation (impossible).

Back to the topic though, it seems the question of the toxicity of this chemical (at high doses) remains kind of unresolved. I have personally used it many times without any obvuous detriment. But, I have noticed that as time goes on, the crash following the DXM high gets worse and worse and worse. What once was a pleasant afterglow, is now, for me at least, a totally debilitating hangover. This progressive worsening of after-effects reminds me of something... So, could this be evidence of some sort of toxicity? Could this be related to some direct effect of DXM, or some secondary effect like dehydration? I could theorize, but my knowledge about this sort of thing is just too incomplete.

Also, I should add that I used DXM regularly for years. However, over the past 12 months or so I have only used it three times. Even though I have drastically reduced my consumption of this chemical, these day after hangovers have not been lessened. Maybe I am just getting old.

Status
Not open for further replies.