• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy DXM Thread (archive start - 12-13-07)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should use about an ounce of lemon juice...or at least, that's how much your final product should have. Maybe start with a little more, lemon juice isn't pure citric acid, and your trying to boil out the other stuff.

I think you will need to do the full extraction, just boiling the DXM HBr with lemon juice (or citric acid) isn't going to turn it into DXM Citrate. You need to dissolve the DXM HBr with water first and make sure it all dissolves, mix with a base (ammonia or sodium hydroxide are easy to get), mix with naphtha, separate, mix the naphtha with the lemon juice, shake, separate and then boil down the lemon juice.

But honestly its a waste of time, if you already DXM HBr powder then DXM Citrate is not going to give you any less nausea.

It may be the gel caps themselves that are giving you nausea, having 20 of those in your stomach dissolving isn't going to feel nice - just empty all the gel caps and take the powder however you want - but I warn you if any of the DXM touches your tongue its gonna taste really bad.

Ok, thank you again for your friendly and informative comments.
In a regional forum i read that people just added minimal amounts of lemon juice
to their Hbr and the let it dry again to consume. So what about that?

I also thought about the fact, that the gelcaps could be the reason for my stomach discomfort.
Next time I'm gonna parachute my standard dose with some toilet paper.
Really don't need getting in touch with the taste^^

I dosed approximately 1800 mg last night (I weigh 280 lbs) and it was one of the most visual, lucid trips I've ever had in my life. Just... indescribable.

First time = about 800mg (thought it was ecstasy), with alcohol ( a few drinks), and weed = horrible time. Had to call off work for a few days

Second time 300mg puked about 45 min into it had a slight headache, and watched the patterns on my computer for a while, then laid in bed and listened to music, then went to sleep pretty uneventful.

Third time 345mg with weed planned it better and didnt get sick when it hit i had the music separator effect, then went and laid down and listened to music for about 3 hrs. not really sleeping but like dreaming while i was semi awake, very strange.... then got up and watched tv for a while and was very dizzy walking around, had a half day hangover that wasnt to bad, kinda enjoyable. overall a good experience

Last time a week later took 345mg with a couple shots of vodka and weed throughout the night didnt lay down at all , all night. Had a great experience, and felt like i was rolling part of the time, with trails, nystagmus and everything very euphoric and utterly fascinating walking was easier cause i knew what to expect it wasn't even noticeable for a while very surprised by the experience and will try again had a day hangover that i enjoyed and boosted it up every time i smoked weed. : - )

Only problem last trip, once i had a sharp pain in my lower stomach for about 30 seconds durning about the 5 hr mark of the trip , maybe from not enough fluids, or maybe from not peeing enough, i dont know, it seemed like i was only drinking a little bit of sprite and water, but still having to pee a lot durning the last half of the trip maybe i need to drink more water or some cranberry juice or take some vitamins like i heard somebody say earlier to keep the stomach pains away. any suggestions

Well theres my story. I think DXM is pretty cool, but im still a bit wary of it though. Dont know about a higher mg trip or not but well see after my next one at another 345mg dose. That seems good enough for me right now.

Peace.

can anybody speak on the creative effects of DXM?

Would I bet able to take a reasonable dose and write some insightful poetry while under the influence of maybe afterwards?

Powder vs Syrup

There were a couple posts in this thread that I saw that mentioned that the body load of a DXM trip was a lot more significant if the drug was taken in powder form rather than in cough syrup.

My first DXM trip, which happened a couple days ago, was using around 210mg pure DXM extracted from cough syrup (taken as citrate salt dissolved in water), and I was WAY too fucking over-stimulated. My heart was racing and I was shaking. This greatly impaired my ability to enjoy the trip. I think I might have gone into the trip feeling a bit anxious, but I don't think that was the cause of the problem.

I think that someone mentioned that cough syrup was designed so that the DXM would be absorbed by your body as quickly as possible, and that the faster the absorption time, the less body load.

Or maybe I could use nitrous to relax myself. Nitrous always relaxes me, so I'll bet that doing a few nangs throughout the trip would calm it down. A couple before the trip, a couple during.

Anyone have any further information/experience about this issue?

I have access to pure (+binders) otc DXM in pillform and my experience the only way to ingest this is to fast at least four hours and take the DXM in small increments over 1-2 hours. The only few times I have puked from DXM was when I was getting impatient and swallowed the pills in a hurry. Even when taking DXM slowly there may be some discomfort but I find that laying down removes it almost entirely. Anyway if you are one of those who gets the alien landscape visuals, nausea is a small price to pay :)

Changed said:

Would I bet able to take a reasonable dose and write some insightful poetry while under the influence of maybe afterwards?
Uh....on DXM, I'm completely fucked.....

Other people may be different though.

Pretty_Diamonds said:
Uh....on DXM, I'm completely fucked.....

Other people may be different though.

pretty much what I expected :eek:

how about afterwards? Is it anything like shrooms, or is it just a completely chemical experience.

just downed 10 robo gels

Starting at 150mg for my first time, just to feel things out like a lot of people suggested, we'll see how it goes.

I'm thinking about doing a second 300-400mg trip this weekend if it all goes fine right now, which it probably will

Too much, too little, sound good?

Too much, dude!!

I did a ~110mg trip my first time, felt a little gravity-less, but that was it. Second trip was ~210mg, and it was INTENSE!! Considering the fact that I don't weigh very much, 250mg should be the maximum that you go for your second trip in my opinion.

How was the 150 mg dose, frasierdog? I might try this same dose next week (same robo gels)

You guys are talking about very low doses. And really you need to judge it by what plateau you want to hit.

http://beavasoft.com/mrsteak63/dexvert/dexvert.php

Ignore the triple c part, I made it a long time ago back in my stupid days, but it is accurate. My regular dose is 750-950 but I like going astro with the shit.

Also nice to see you're finally a bluelighter fraiserdog, welcome to my other world :p

Though if you're just starting out and building a dose up I don't recommend starting with that much, though I'm doing a social experiment actually and extracting about 800mg per dose and giving them to people as "devil drops"

I'll be sure to tell how that goes too, as DXM has potential to be a street drug to the unknowing.

welp I took that 150mg, went to biology, came up an hour and a half later

now i've got like a drunk buzz thing going.

Yeah i'm a pretty skinny dude, around 110 pounds/50kg so i guess i'll go with around like 220mg or something

according to dexvert 250mg will put me at a 3rd plateau trip

sup steak

I might try some DXM this weekend... haven't done it before. start with a small dose on Friday.

problems with re-dosing larger on Saturday?

Changed said:

Depends on your dosage. Lower plateau doses tend to be pretty much like intoxication. Third plateau doses is where the hardcore dissociative trip starts. I usually aim at the high end of the third plateau, and use DXM to sort of go on a shamanic-style journey in my head. It's really helped me gain some positive insights.

As you'd expect with a dissociative, I tend to spend a lot of the peak of my third plateau trips spaced out inside my own head, but even when I'm "at myself" I doubt I could write poetry. DXM dissociates me enough to fuck up my binocular vision, which makes it difficult to look at screens and such. I wouldn't be able to hand-write legibly either. At the Fourth Plateau it'd be even worse, since you'd be mostly unconscious. :p

When the trip starts winding down I'd say absolutely, though. Just make whatever modest notes you can manage during the peak of the trip, because if you're anything like me, you'll lose the exact memories of things pretty quickly.

To recap: I'd say, "Yes, for third plateau trips, but only after the peak is over."

EDIT TO REPLY TO THE ABOVE POST: I wouldn't redose the next day on DXM. You probably won't feel much like it anyway. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.