• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big and Dandy DOI Thread

Back in the day, 20 or so years ago, I tried DOI and DOB. DOI was very cold and emotionless. I felt highly strung and anxious for the prolonged period of time. Going for a bike ride helped relieve the tension more than Diazepam. Overall I far preferred DOB. Who knows why, I felt it was much warmer. It’s been a long time and I wouldn’t bother every trying it again if presented with the opportunity to try it.

I didn't care for DOI when I took it, it seemed rather generic in character but also very stimulating. It didn't give me any euphoria or very interesting content. I am going to give it a proper try sometime but it's low on my list - I do have some but there are a good number of things I'm going to do first. I'm planning to do either DOPr or DOB soon. Probably DOPr (I've taken a lower dose and felt that it didn't fully develop). For me, DOC is still the best (out of DOC, DOET, DOF, DOI, DOiP, DOM and DOPr), it just has it all, everything I look for in a psychedelic and virtually nothing that I don't like (vasoconstriction is about the only thing I can think of).
Did you ever end up trying DOB at the 2mg + range?

I guess I found myself a unicorn then...but I'm going to contain my excitement until I try it as it appears quite lackluster from the reviews of it in this thread.
I'm gonna interpret this like it's in the wild! Very cool

I don't believe DOI could ever touch DOB but it would be the crown to my DOx experimenting. But there are some good and positive reports around.

Although I don't recall any positive experiences with DOI, there does seem to be studies showing some very positive health effects on inflammation with DOI.

This could be very interesting in treating autoimmune and chronic inflammation disorders.

Does anyone know if any research has been done with other similar drugs, including non-amphetamine 5ht2 agonists. I am interested in DOB/DOC/DOM and psilocybin.

I don't know if similar research has been done, I have always been fascinated with the inflammation study(ies?) done on DOI, though. I wonder if microdosing it could provide a 24 hour inflammation medication? Obviously a psychedelic dose would have a pretty tremendous side effect profile.

Does anyone know if any research has been done with other similar drugs, including non-amphetamine 5ht2 agonists. I am interested in DOB/DOC/DOM and psilocybin.
Actually, David Nichols's son is doing research on the anti-inflammatory effects of 5-HT2A agonism. There was a pretty cool article that came out last year and they found 2C-H is the phenethylamine pharmacophore for anti-inflammatory effects.

https://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/acsptsci.0c00063

Thanks for the link. :) Super interesting, if I'm reading it correctly, it's saying that 2C-H is an effective anti-inflammatory, but it is not psychoactive, meaning that the mechanism for reduction in inflammation is not tied to the cognitive effects of these substances.