View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy 4-AcO-DMT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A long time ago, [someone] did try smoking a small amount of the base and said it was "DMT-like".

Last edited by a moderator:
morninggloryseed said:
but did try smoking a small amount of the base and said it was "DMT-like".

Maybe he had the freebase? Like Blue Dolphin I tried smoking the fumerate salt (people have reported DMT hcl is smokable after all). I only tried about 4mgs using a lighter and foil. Nothing to speak of really. I'm sure there's a better way to do it but if Blue Dolphin's experience at 40mgs was so lackluster what's the point? For most, the whole motivation to smoke is that its a quicker and more more intense experience with only a little material... Anyone try a converstion to freebase or actually have it?

I forgot to mention in my mini report on the previous page that 4-aco-dmt had me crying for 3 hours straight! It never had any connection with sadness. It wasn't just happiness either though. I found it really odd.

I started out crying because I was in a hysterical fit of laughter. Then it just continued for the next 3 hours. I feel like it was probably a reaction to feeling emotion (of any sort) as strongly as I was, but it might have just been my body's natural reaction to the drug ... like my lacrimal glands were just pumping out tears for no reason. I did keep noticing how immensly happy I was. It was like I was filled with this glowing energy inside and a great sense of contentment.

At times I didn't even think the body high was all that great, but I felt like my emotions were completely saturated in their intensity. One of the others tripping with me seemed to have a similar response in terms of emotional intensity, but at the opposite end of the spectrum ... he seemed extremely depressed at times. So I guess 4-aco-dmt doesn't just make you feel good. I don't think I've ever experienced the crying though ... anyone else get that from this beautiful glorious gem of a substance? =D

Last edited:
psood0nym said:
Maybe he had the freebase? Like Blue Dolphin I tried smoking the fumerate salt (people have reported DMT hcl is smokable after all). I only tried about 4mgs using a lighter and foil. Nothing to speak of really. I'm sure there's a better way to do it but if Blue Dolphin's experience at 40mgs was so lackluster what's the point? For most, the whole motivation to smoke is that its a quicker and more more intense experience with only a little material... Anyone try a converstion to freebase or actually have it?

Go back and read what I wrote. I specifically said he used the base. :)

duh... trying to address too many posts in one. Knee jerk on my part. I guess we at least know the fumerate hardly works and the freebase does, at least from anecdotal testimony. Is there any reason the usual kitchen chemistry basifying techniques for chems like DPT wouldn't work for the furmerate salt?

Dondante: Were you sobbing or were your tear ducts just working overtime? Both DMT and this substance cause my tear ducts to secrete tears. Also like DMT, there is extra phlegm in my lungs and throat during the onset. Emotionality, particularly as it relates to empathy is greatly heightened. Tears sometimes well up simply from the great depth of feeling it elicits, happy or not, but almost always happy!

Last edited:
Took 3g of syrian rue 30 minutes ago. Just downed 13mg 4-AcO-DMT. I did it just two days ago so there might be tolerance issues. Usually I'm a once a month person but I'll probably be using it New Years with some uninitiated and I want to be very familiar with the compound before hand. Oh the burden! I'll let everyone know (T+5 and already I feel it).

Would one or two of you kind souls care to share a lil one or two word hint hints to search for wrt. 4-AcO-DMT? No, I am not asking for a SOURCE. I am asking for a HINT.

165lb Male
T+0: 3g finely ground Syrian Rue taken in capsules.
T+30: 13mg 4-AcO-DMT taken in Pepsi.
T+5: First alerts
T+10: Walls are wavy, I feel disoriented. Quite ayahuasca like in character but no nausea.
T+15: Still climbing, it’s pretty smooth. My thoughts are still lucid, when the trip interferes with them is just because of the inherent distractions of the visuals etc. Patterning begins. I’m amazed that this kind of rush hasn’t caused any nausea yet.
T+25: It seems to have leveled off. The familiar good feelings are shining through now. Visuals are more ayahuasca like than mushroom like. However they are very similar to the few Syrian Rue/mushroom trips I’ve had, which were also ayahuasca like. The general feeling of the trip is likewise similar.
T+45 Eyes watering quite a bit. The intense patterning is gone. It’s a very sleepy/dreamy state just like ayahuasca. I keep expecting the surges of ayahuasca but the feeling remains constant. Almost indistinguishable really, minus the work and nausea! At this level it is perhaps slightly less immersing. The beauty of the pure chemical is you can just insufflate/swallow more. Theoretically this converts to psilocin in the gut and psilocin has been shown to have extremely low neurotoxicity, less than caffeine by weight and by active dose if I recall correctly. What a gift! Merry Christmas!
T+~90: I insufflate approximately 4mg more. Effects are as expected for about 30 minutes.
T+120: What occurred here I believe to be a combination of accelerated effects brought on by insufflation, synergism with the syrian rue, and an event of unconscious will and planning. Suffice it to say the beatific ordeal left me drained.

After about 15minutes in a state of super-charged awareness and ecstatic rapture my limbs grew heavy, I became very tired, and I kid you not my testicles ached. Those 15 minutes depleted the majority of my body’s resources. It has taken 2 hours to recover. Again, this was not just the chemical it was some kind of choice made and orchestrated in the background of my being. There is simply no other conclusion I can make that accounts for the way the trip proceded. A more complete report will be coming. In the mean time I find myself at a loss for words. It is very difficult to recommend replicating this dosage strategy. If you have the fumerate salt of this compound you have some serious shit in your hands. I seem to have digested the experience quite well but it was harrowing to say the least. It is now over seven hours since my first dose and effects are quickly dwindling. I may cancel those plans to do this on New Year’s Eve. I have a lot to think about. Use your best judgment with this one.

Last edited:
I'm not real savvy on the kitchen chem for making the freebase. Could one use the same recipe as DPT or would one end up with unreacted material?

I look forward to reading the full report. Thank you for diving in with the Syrian rue, I'm curious as to your previous experience with ayahuasca, would you consider it a 'full dose' completely 'other reality' type experience and if so is that what you are comparing this with?

I think my initial experiments with Syrian rue with this compound will be with smoking the seeds once the trip is at a comfortable level (I find the smoke most pleasant and I'm a 'non-smoker') . This way the effect will be more controllable, immediate, shorter-lasting and I will be more able to gauge the effect of the rue on the trip.

On a side note, I couldn't imagine taking a psychedelic powder mixed with something sugary, carbonated and loaded with Caffeine, but thats just me. I wouldn't want a sugar/caffeine crash for my come up and I'd be afraid of some unexpected chemical reaction happening (at the very least the destruction of some of the active compound). Glad to see that wasn't an issue for you. Personally I find 'Phen-Drivers' great (phenethylamines + OJ) and perhaps will try this with OJ or perhaps lemon juice in the future. It will likely be after Christmas though when I have my laptop and will be doing some interesting things (more on that later :)

On a side note my milligram scale is a complete piece of crap, how is the dosage curve with this one? From what I gather its pretty forgiving +/- 3-5 milligrams, it least when compared to something like 2C-E . I plan on doing a liquid measurement as well to increase my accuracy.

e1evene1even said:
I look forward to reading the full report. Thank you for diving in with the Syrian rue, I'm curious as to your previous experience with ayahuasca, would you consider it a 'full dose' completely 'other reality' type experience and if so is that what you are comparing this with?

I've used ayahuasca about 20 times, using syrian rue and caapi, as well as mimosa and psychotria. I've used it liquid form and boiled it down and encapsulated it. I've used it in combination with, mescaline (wow), dpt, and salvia. Most of the times were 'other worldly' in that it had me writhing around in the dark laughing hysterically and making wild, almost uncontrolled contortions of my limbs. One of the truly 'other worldly' trips was with salvia. I experienced hyperspatial perception (I mean this literally, not as in experiencing a whole new world as the term is often used but as in briefly perceiving extra-spatial environments). The other two were fairly unsettling ego death experiences. Using the gentler, dry encapsulated mimosa extract first, then dosing with the much more hard hitting liquid form extraction brought both of these on.

What is interesting is that this latter dosing strategy is essentially what I used for the 4-AcO-DMT trip. Once the slower, smoother oral trip had settled in I insufflated more, causing a sharp increase in the acceleration of effects. There were far less spastic bodily contortions with the 4-AcO-DMT than ayahuasca but mentally it was very similar; this time at least it was emotionally more intense. I've experienced this degree of rapture 4 times before but never of this shade (it was completely self-absorbed and self satisfied, and triumphantly, unapologetically so). It has never been followed by such deeply permeating exhaustion before either. This aspect of the trip had me concerned for a little while.

The Pepsi was caffeine free.

Thank you for the post, very informative. I particularly enjoy the writhing body sensation from DMT+MAOi. Again, Ty for the post.

Just newified and improvified this thread.

EVERYTHING BEFORE THIS POINT HAS BEEN CLEANED

samadhi_smiles said:
I'm not real savvy on the kitchen chem for making the freebase. Could one use the same recipe as DPT or would one end up with unreacted material?

You need to work out the number of moles per gram of 4aco-dmt, then with your weighed sample get the number of moles you have.

1mole 4aco-dmt hcl + 1mole NaOH--------> 1mole 4aco-Dmt (FB) + 1mole NaCl + 1mole H2O.

Substitute 4Aco-Dmt (and its molecular weight) for DPT and there you go.

Last edited:
What about tolerance to this substance? Is it just like with psilocybin/psilocin? I would like to know if I could take it multiple times a week, or if I would have to wait a week before 'researching' again. Are the effects diminished? Please, someone with experience with this, help me out on this issue.

All 4-substituted-tryptamines will rapidly build tolerance, just like psiloc(yb)in. Further, any profoundity that you may find in this substance will almost surely be lost if you use it multiple times a week.

What are you after trying to use a powerful psychedelic multiple times a week?

Ok so, I have had 2 experiences with this substance, both fumarate salt, both kicked in within 15 minutes and ended after 4-6 hours. The first one was 19mg and I took it on the side of a mountain, watching the street grid of the small city below (Boulder) winding and snaking in between itself. Rock climbing was somewhat difficult and intimidating, but once I got to where I wanted to be on the rock I was more than content to sit, devoid my brain of all thought, and watch the beauty of the town below. Thinking also proved somewhat difficult for the first couple hours, but once I forced myself to start thinking I went into a very giggly mindset. During this time I took a few pictures, which are available to see in anyone is interested.

Second time was last night, 25mg on a somewhat full stomach, immediately after starting to come up an irc friend busted out into a rare incredibly deep philosophical conversation, which was extremely engaging in my mindset. During the course of my conversation I noticed slight empathogenic properties, and I noticed my enhanced emotions were directly translated into physical sensations. After about an hour of that I watched A Scanner Darkly, which I insist every tripper *must* watch. It was one of the trippiest movies I have ever seen if not the trippiest, even the credits are trippy.

My conclusion is that this compound is not quite as deep as I'd like at the dosages I've tried, however I'm willing to push it to see just how deep it goes. The visuals, while not breathtaking, are quite pretty, and the mindset is extremely pleasant - no anxiety whatsoever. Personally I feel like the trip is similar to being stoned, only with visuals instead of paranoia. Also the side effects are very minimal, which is always a plus as I can handle nausea though I don't particularly care for it.

Possible combinations for my future include AMT (definitely), lots of cannabis (definitely), one or more 2c-x compounds (probably), and DMT (maybe).

really you felt the comeup in 15 mins? that's far quicker than I experienced, although my dose was lower and my stomach wasn't completely empty, and as of yet I have just one experience to go off of. I took 15mgs and wasn't sure of the comeup for a good 45 mins, and only ever reaching a good ++. Other than that your opinion seems fairly close to what I experienced.

toolazy2think said:
really you felt the comeup in 15 mins? that's far quicker than I experienced, although my dose was lower and my stomach wasn't completely empty, and as of yet I have just one experience to go off of. I took 15mgs and wasn't sure of the comeup for a good 45 mins, and only ever reaching a good ++. Other than that your opinion seems fairly close to what I experienced.

Well the first time my stomach was completely empty, and the dose was in a gelcap. I don't remember the exact time but it was about a half hour after I took it that I felt the first alerts followed by a rapid but gentle buildup to a borderline +2/3 after about an hour or so. Gelcaps take some minutes to dissolve though.

Second time, I had a few grilled cheese sandwiches about 3 hours beforehand, another one about an hour beforehand, and the dose was infused into a tiny piece of buttered bread I had leftover (which tasted nasty). 10 minutes later it started to kick in with a rapid increase to a fairly strong +2 within somewhere around 30-45 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.