Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy 2C-B Scraps Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks djfriendly.

From your descriptions it sesems most likely that I posess 2CB. Will report on the experience tomorrow.

Well, I retested the 2C-I with Marquis and it went yellow to brown quickly, then the brown changed to blue/black over the course of a couple minutes.

I'm not sure what is going on here. I just now tested three different batches of 2C-I (two of which are 100% verified/aunthentic) and other than slight variences in shading, probably due to different amounts used (I just eyeballed a tiny, tiny amount straight out of each vial.) All tests produced a light green reaction with marquis, as expected.

If the concentration of 2C-I is high enough, I could see how it could result in a blackish color, but I have no idea how you are getting a yellow/brown/blue/black reaction. And just to double check that I am not loosing my mind, I confired with a chem friend and he indeed confirms that 2C-I should/does indeed produce a green color with marquis, similar to 2C-B. Erowid, and a few other places I have checked also report a green reaction with marquis and 2C-I.

Could your marquis be old? Well, actually the stuff I just used is now a bit old, so I really don't know why you are reporting the reaction you are. Very interesting mystery.

As far as the reliability of that erowid page, I've tested 2C-B, 2C-C, 2C-D, 2C-E, 2C-T-2, 2C-T-7, MDMA, MDA, methylone, DOB, TMA-2, DPT, and maybe a few others with marquis. I recall everything checking out but its been many years since I did that. I have not personally worked with the other regents to any significant extent, so I can not comment on those either.

Morningglory seed, what is your opinion on combining 2-CI or 2-CC with MDMA?

I have had one experience with 2C-I and MDMA. We took 120mg of MDMA, and a few hours later ate 15mg of 2C-I. Neither of us felt this was a good combination. There was just way too much energy/stimulation and my mind raced like crazy. Neither of us would repeat.

I also have had one experience with MDMA and 2C-C. I think I took 30mg of 2C-C, and ate 80mg of MDMA a few hours into it. This was a nice combination, but nothing special.

2C-B and MDMA on the other hand is absolutely fantastic, and I consider 2C-B on its own to be a mediocre psychedelic at best.

Thanks MGS...

I've decided to consume one ecstasy tablet that tested well with Marquis & Mecke, and consume the powder after the peak has ended.

Trying to decide whether to split the amount of powder in the capsul between my boyfriend and I.

The provider of the capsul indicated that they should contain "around" 15 mgs per capsul.

I wish I had a scale, and called several shops in town today, but none had a scale that measured in that small of qnty.

Seems to me that a dose of 7.5 mg is very low threshhold, but if the amount in the capsul is a bit on the heavy side, that may be too much for me.

Any advice?

That's really interesting about the 2C-I results. I's almost be willing to pay the $115 or whatever to ecstasydata to have it tested, although I don't think that DDL, the lab, has a reference for 2C-I anyway. I've never tried this material despite having it around for so long (and due to this I'll admit to not being stingy with the amount tested), but others very familiar with 2C-I have sampled it in the past, and it came from a reputable pre-webtryp source. I am certain that my Marquis reagent is still valid, plus I've gotten these same results twice, a couple years apart and with two different batches of Marquis now from the same material.

I also have had one experience with MDMA and 2C-C. I think I took 30mg of 2C-C, and ate 80mg of MDMA a few hours into it. This was a nice combination, but nothing special.

2C-B and MDMA on the other hand is absolutely fantastic, and I consider 2C-B on its own to be a mediocre psychedelic at best.
That matches my feelings exactly. WE love 2C-B but only when taken after MDMA. 2C-D was even less interesting as a "2C-B replacement" for this combo than was 2C-C. I found this a bummer as 2C-B is so expensive, and we don't like to take it by iteslf anyway, whereas we like both 2C-C and 2C-D quite a bit on their own. What's it like taking the 2C-x before taking the MDMA, I've only ever had it after?

Last edited:
SupaKat said:
Thanks MGS...

I've decided to consume one ecstasy tablet that tested well with Marquis & Mecke, and consume the powder after the peak has ended.

Trying to decide whether to split the amount of powder in the capsul between my boyfriend and I.

The provider of the capsul indicated that they should contain "around" 15 mgs per capsul.

I wish I had a scale, and called several shops in town today, but none had a scale that measured in that small of qnty.

Seems to me that a dose of 7.5 mg is very low threshhold, but if the amount in the capsul is a bit on the heavy side, that may be too much for me.

Any advice?

Well (as I know you know) all bets are off as you didn't weigh the capsule out yourself. But hopefully the provider does possess 2C-I, and a proper scale from which to measure it out. In order to ensure you divide the dose evenly, just dump it into a specific amout of water, and just divide that in half. Using a measuring cup will make the task much easier than trying to divide a tiny amount of powder by eye.

It's good you will be with your boyfriend. I was with my girlfriend, and sex was the only relief from the insane stimulation and racing mind that the MDMA/2C_I combo caused. I should also mention that 15mg of 2C-I taken with MDMA was a very intense experience, much more intense than 15mg of 2C-I would be had I taken it alone. I am sure that 7.5mg would be sufficient for you.

Happy trails

Well, the experience was very enjoyable.

I have no way of differentiating if it is 2CB or 2CI because I have no basis of comparison.

We took the ecstasy at about 9 pm, and then took another half at about 10. The ecstasy was not getting us where we wanted to be. And I was moderately confused as to whether it was weak MDMA or MDA, or something entirely different.

We decided not to take any more ecstasy, as it was getting late & we thought it would be better to let it run its course and then decide if we felt it was safe to do the 2CB.

At 1:53 am we decided to take the 2CB. We split a cap in half. Did not do so in water, although that would have probably been easier. Just poured it from one half of the capsul into the other and tried to make them as equal as possible.

We layed down and listed to Ravi Shankar sitar music for some time, watching as the light show in our heads became gradually more intene.

At around 3:30 we were enjoying the experience but felt we could use more. So, we split another capsul in half.

The visuals were beautiful and fluid and amazing. We spent a great deal of time with headphones on, just watching inside our minds. I did notice a good deal of unity between the visuals & the music.

There was a calendar on my wall with a picture of the Texas landscape. It came to life. It looked like a little miniature window that was connected to that area of the world. It looked like time was advanced in that window, like the clouds were moving and light was shining down on the cactus as it changed from night to day.

I was entranced and thouroughly entertained.

I had no body load, stomach pain or discomfort to speak of. At the end of the experience I had a pain in my side that moved around, that I was definitely more aware of than normal, but I think that was just...um...gas.

There were patterns on the ceiling and on the floor, but not hard geometric patterns. Everything was more liquid and flowing.

I felt very relaxed throughout the entire experience, happy to lay down and watch the show. No speedy element to it. No desire to go back and forth from room to room.

I was not clubbed over the head with the desire to have sex the way I normally am when I am rolling. So, we were not inclined to pursue that option until the very end, before going to sleep.

I wish we had pursued it sooner.

It was remarkable, and I daresay better than ecstasy sex. The light show in my head that accompanied the sex was in synch to the sexual experience, throwing hot pink fireworks at me.

I felt really in unison with my partner, in a way that I don't really feel even when rolling together. Incredible.

Next time we pursue this alone, we will definitely focus more on this aspect of it.

My partner became briefly paranoid, convinced that he had been given acid instead of 2CB, and that there was some type of conspiracy occuring. This was brief and he was quickly talked out of it. I think he may have ended up with the heavy end of the dose, as he described visuals and lighting effects that I never quite experienced.

After the sex, around 6:30 am, I quickly fell asleep without even trying & slept, happily, until 4 pm today. I feel so relaxed I might go back to sleep again. This is unusual for me, as I normally cannot sleep after taking acid, or mushrooms or ecstasy.

I greatly enjoyed the experience. I would like to do it again. It was very kind and gentle to me, and short lived. It was thouroughly entertaining and interesting. The combination of music and my minds own creations was better than any movie or television program. I think this would be amazing at a museum, as I was drawn to the various pictures and art pieces on my walls. They all seemed alive, and metallic, with hues of gold and silver drifting across them.

I am very curious to know if I consumed 2CB or 2CI. Whatever it was, I liked it a great deal and would like more of it. I would welcome any opinions regarding what my experience sounds more in line with. If you can think of any questions to ask me to help you in this determination, ask away.

Thanks...

Anyone care to venture a guess as to whether this was 2CB or 2CI (or something else)?

Marquis, 2C-B, 2C-I

To SupaKat :

I have taken 2C-I only once, but it is very easy to tell it is not 2C-B. 2C-I takes a LONG time to be felt, aprox. 2h. 2C-B starts fast, in 25 min, peaks at 1h, kind of noise, then clear at 2h, nice roll then. 2C-I also has the distinctive "body buzz" ( strange, pleasant sensation on the skin ) at about 4 h into the trip.

To djfriendly :

I have tested both my MDMA.HCl and my 2C-B.HCl with Marquis.

The XTC bubbled and smoked a bit, turned a more or less uniform dark purple-brown ( almost black ) color. OK for MDMA.

The 2C-B started turning yellow, but changing to lime green, then to green spatially, the center spot of powder in the plate was dark green, then changing to yellow at the edges.

After waiting a few minutes, twirling the plate around, mixing the reactants, it became a more or less homogeneous dark green-blue color. I know what I have is good quality 2C-B, I have tasted it several times. Same for the MDMA. I think the final green-blue color is probably characteristic of the 2C-B.HCl.

Would like someone to confirm this if possible.

Marquis on 2C-I

Wolud like to add the description of the Marquis test on 2C-I that I just completed. Overall, very similar to the 2C-B, color not so yellow, overall greener, but same gradation, dark blue-green at the center dot, becoming a more clear shade of green, a bit yellow green but greener than the 2C-B.

The two look very similar, the 2C-B a bit more yellow at the edges.

The center dot color is exactly the same blue green as the 2C-B.

The 2C-B is I have less pure than the 2C-I, the 2C-I indeed have been bought from a RC supplier that I trust and allways have sent me good products.

The 2C-I is very white, light, fluffy crystals.

The 2C-B is almost white, with a slight tan color.

I would say this is a positive confirmation that what I have is really 2C-B and that it is also quite pure, as it feels.

Well, as I said in the edit, I tested a different batch of 2C-B (which was in the HBr salt, and which I know is of high purity) and the color stayed uniformly green, no blue spots. I know not whether this was because of the relative purity, or because it was the HBr salt.

Well, from what everyone is telling me I have 2CB.

I felt the effects beginning pretty quickly, was off baseline in 20 minutes or so, feeling peak effects around 1.5 hours.

The powder I have is also a tan/white as opposed to snow white.

Yeah, that's what I wanted to do, take it with MDMA.

Problem is I don't know where to get MDMA anymore. The person I dealt with for years quit, and everything I have bought recently has been total SHIT. I heard that Houston's supply line got cut or something.

I would LOVE to take it with MDMA in that fashion, but don't want to mix it with Meth which seems to be the primary ingredient in Houston pills.

It sucks.

I think we may try the 2CB this weekend with a group of friends. This time I will just take the entire capsul. I don't have a scale that measures such small quantities, although I realize I need to get one.

I just hope the 2CB doesn't dissapear before the MDMA reappears. I would love to try the MDMA 2CB combination with my boyfriend to see what the sex is like.

Thanks for the response.

SWIM has found 2cb to be a wonderful psychadelic. SWIM has found it to be similar to MDMA in some regards, so it should mesh very well with it.

2cb is a far more manegable compound than LSD.

SWIM has found redosing to be effective, and has found peak after redose to hit quicker.

Generally peak is 1hour, and a very nice smooth trip lasts about 3 hours after that.

SWIM has found increasing dosage to ncrease strength more than length of trip.

SWIM likes 2cb alot.

Don't redose it

I still advise not to redose it. Better take it all at once. Have tried both ways.

The 2C-I I tested with Marquis and Mecke last year was as follows...

Marquis - Immediately to dark brown, slowly changing through olive to eventually a dark, vibrant green within a minute

Mecke - Immediate reaction to a reddish brown similar to drying blood

Addmitedly that 2C-I I had although still potent is likley in my opinion to be a little impure. If you check in the gallery section under my user gallery you will see both the colour of the 2C-I (which is a slightly pinkish or tan colour) and also the pictures of the reagent reactions. Please let me know if pure white coloured 2C-I should not go brown first so I can update my reactions sheet... Thanks

Also just for interest sake here is the reactions I have seen for 2C-C (from a different scource than the 2C-I and I believe to be pure). The powder was a kind of fluffy white or maybe slightly off white very light grey. Taste was an aweful chemical taste similar to the 2C-I I had but stronger and more disgusting.

Marquis - A light, greenish yellow then slowly turns a lime green after a min or 2
(note the change from yellow to green is quite slow)

Mecke - Yellowish green, slowly turns yellow with a light red ring around the edge of reagent liquid

Robadope - Powder sunk and turned a dark purple but no colour spread. (Colour was a similar to that seen when testing a very small sample of MDMA with Marquis reagent)

I've done about 20-30mg 2C-B and an hour and fourty five minutes later or so dosed a clean MDMA roll. It was great, but it seemed to kill off the visuals a little, but it was well worth it. I've also shot 2C-B but that's a whole another story, a great great one...

2C-I Marquis test

To Ekstasis -//77 :

I have looked at your gallery, the picture you have of the 2C-I Marquis test looks just identical to the one I did. I would say the powder also does not look that bad.

I think what you are calling brown in fact is dark green ( ? ) but after a while ( right picture ) it looks just like my Marquis test on the 2C-I, center dark green-blue, edges more clear green.

The 2C-B looks the same, only edges are yellow.

I will post pictures also as soon as I get a good digital camera. With the one I have right now I can't get a nice close up, nor good colors.

2cb questions

Hi, havn't really utilized bluelight until now but i have some general questions on 2cb and i was wondering if anyone would mind if i messaged them on AIM to barrage them with my questions. it will only take 10 minutes or so, and i would be very appreciative. let me know... thanks

there's probably 8 zillion 2cb topics, have you tried reading them? they probably answer you questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.