• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The best starter Hallucinogen

Everyone I have ever gave 4-aco-dmt didn't like it , thought it was to difficult. If you look through threads here tons of people have difficulty with it. And lsd use is way more widespread so there will be more cases of problems but there are less problems proportionally I would say.

I don't think it's good to mix an empathogen with psychedelic for their first time because they may get the impression that every psychedelic will be that overly and almost automatically euphoric.

My first trip was 4.5 g powdered cubes and cannabis. I loved it but it was definitely my most intense trip ever.

I think LSD would be more flowy and mellow, but again we have a lot of opinions floating on this thread so...each to their own I guess.
If you cast your opinions aside for a minute and take a look at the pharmacological data you'll see what I mean. I love my acid but you can't deny that it's inherently a lot more likely to intensify emotions, cause bad trips and trigger acute anxiety/mania/psychosis in people than most other psychedelic drugs... this is basic psychiatry. It becomes glaringly obvious just from looking at some of the effects it has on the endocrine system (e.g. serum prolactin) that LSD is a strong dopamine agonist.

Mushrooms would be a more sensible choice for someone who has never tripped before and I say this even though I prefer LSD.

I would recomend Psilosybin for a first timer. Mushrooms feel so natural and with proper respect will almost always produce an experience that is meaningful, leaving even unexperienced users with an over-all sense of well-being. Mushrooms opens the mind but rarely forces they user.

The key to any drug, but psychedelics esspecially, is to embrace the experience fully.

Once you stare the demon in the eye, accept it, you then can begin to experience the pleasure of pain, the excitement of fear, ect.

It can produce a realization of the spectrum of your phisycal and mental self that some people never conceptualize.a"nkind can move to transending beyond all ego, in to a place that all things exsist and this place is not described reasonably with human language.

I may have rambled a bit, but I say start with shrooms. I have done most psychedlics and they all have their unique effects. Starting with the all natural, "gift to mankind", is where I feel the best place to begin the ttttttrrrrrrriiiiippppppppppppp

All so true! however i have noticed some people have the idea its going to be fun! then that "demon" figuratively causes them to shit themselves in fear. and they panic and totally loose it. however i still think with proper approach that's probly best one as well!

I find LSD to be the easiest to handle in moderate doses but the long duration could be pretty troubling for someone not used to the psychedelic experience.
Because of that my vote has to go to mushrooms. They can give you a full bodied psychedelic experience plus the trip is over fully in 5-6 hours compared to 10-12.
I should say I believe that most psychedelics could function equally well as a beginning psychedelic provided the drug is researched and one doesn't go overboard with the dosage

In my area its next to impossible to find LSD, nevermind DMT. DMT is for all intents and purposes entirely unheard of here.. same goes for mescaline. I've not come across it once in over a decade.. Its pretty sad actually, guess its mostly just the circles ive been in and not been in. Now that I'm older and more savvy I have means, but my beginner self didn't have any such luxury of necessarily choosing out of x number of hallucinogens.. that said, mushrooms appear to be a staple nearly everywhere and you can grow them yourself very easily, so my vote goes with a low dose (2gs~) of shrooms to get the ball rolling..

If you cast your opinions aside for a minute and take a look at the pharmacological data you'll see what I mean. I love my acid but you can't deny that it's inherently a lot more likely to intensify emotions, cause bad trips and trigger acute anxiety/mania/psychosis in people than most other psychedelic drugs... this is basic psychiatry.

I'm really not so sure about that. Do you have a source for that sort of claim? Anecdotally, I can think of other psychedelics that seem to precipitate a higher rate of difficult trips, such as mushrooms. But that's just an opinion.

In my area its next to impossible to find LSD, nevermind DMT. DMT is for all intents and purposes entirely unheard of here.. same goes for mescaline. I've not come across it once in over a decade.. Its pretty sad actually, guess its mostly just the circles ive been in and not been in. Now that I'm older and more savvy I have means, but my beginner self didn't have any such luxury of necessarily choosing out of x number of hallucinogens.. that said, mushrooms appear to be a staple nearly everywhere and you can grow them yourself very easily, so my vote goes with a low dose (2gs~) of shrooms to get the ball rolling..

DMT is everywhere, all around you, just in low concentrations.

AL-LAD - lsd's easier to handle more euphoric cousin (still a trip though and needs set/setting taken care of) - duration is shorter too - pretty much coming down in 6 hours.

mushrooms, san pedro, either would be a good intro psych in a moderate dose (2g mushroom, 1.5 ft cactus)

AA357 said:
If you cast your opinions aside for a minute and take a look at the pharmacological data you'll see what I mean. I love my acid but you can't deny that it's inherently a lot more likely to intensify emotions, cause bad trips and trigger acute anxiety/mania/psychosis in people than most other psychedelic drugs... this is basic psychiatry.

I'm really not so sure about that. Do you have a source for that sort of claim? Anecdotally, I can think of other psychedelics that seem to precipitate a higher rate of difficult trips, such as mushrooms. But that's just an opinion.

I agree with willow. I have used LSD and other psychedelics in resolving the symptoms AA357 claims LSD causes. I have had fewer negative events from LSD than other psychedelics.

I would suggest N2O to the absolute beginner. From there I would suggest a supervised salvia trip, just for a short taste of psychosis.

Then, I would suggest mushrooms at a dosage of 1.75-2g.

Good acid comes next, with one to two hits from a reliable and friendly source.

If you like natural highs, LSA can be okay, but typically is not a favorite. There is definitely something to be learned from this substance, but it has a long duration, will make you nauseous, and is frankly no fun at higher doses.

4-AcO-DMT is very chill, but has a pretty steep dose response curve, which could become a problem for the inexperienced psychonaut. Let it be known that high dose 4-AcO-DMT is absolutely mind shattering, though the duration is rather short in comparison to the depth of the effects.

I would also suggest shamanic ingestion of 1oz Amanita Muscaria to the true seeker. This method involves heating the mushroom caps, eating them in a short time period, and then ingesting your own urine as was common practice amongst Siberian shaman. Note that this trip requires a dedicated and physically capable sitter, as you will not realize what is happening in the world around you, and may get into trouble.

Have fun, be safe.

Last edited:
^^^Don't think a beginner is going to drink his own pee. ;)

Salvia and DMT are way too powerful for beginners IMO and while profound for some, deeply troubling for others. All psychedelics carry a great deal of risk for new users. I don't really recommend them to people anymore because you have no idea how they will react. They could get psychotic, they could get DR/DP, have schizophrenia in the family, or just be plain terrified for hours. That being said, (very?) low dose of LSD or mushrooms would be a good place to start. LSD is a bit more predictable and less introspective but the longer duration could be troubling. Mushrooms are shorter lasting, but the mind-fuck is pretty tough on some people, definitely don't start with an eighth.

Lol right, advising someone with zero experience to use Salvia Divinorum, toxic Amanita's or the ever-compulsive Nitrous Oxide. Some harm-reduction. Thankfully most beginners aren't looking for a taste of psychosis, or ... to drink their own piss as jammin pointed out.

Metocin, 2cd, or 2cc seem like good candidates, all quite mentally forgiving and relatively euphoric. The only reason that I didn't include 2cb is because its effects are pretty atypical for psychedelics, so it would provide an odd base of comparison for future use.

ebola

don't think you need a special mild psyche to get started - a genuine 100ug of acid is perfect or although I personally hate them a decent dose of shrooms