• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

The best sport to watch when high

Thomas Davie

Moderator: CD
Staff member
first off, let me get the rubbish sports out of the way; NFL football, XFL football, soccer, tennis, golf, bowling, badminton, lacross, archery, track and field, gymnastics, boxing, wrestling, billiards, darts and especially NHL hockey.

So that leaves only curling and CFL football, which is probably dead comsideri g it’s going to merge w/Xfl.

The only sport worth watching, the game of kings and paupers, where you wear very little protective anything - is Test Match Cricket (all capitalized on purpose). And the two/three greatest countries are India, Pakistan and perhaps Australia.

A special shout out goes to Rugby. I want to see a 7 game World Cup match between Australia and England.

Yep, just messed up enough to pay for a cable sub to Cricket. 🇨🇦🏴‍☠️

Tom

I like watching polo - the one with horses. Incredible skill, enormous speed, and the very real risk of catastrophic injury to man and beast.

Other than that, the thing with robots trying to kill each other.

...probably not the answer your looking for but I love watching professional Chess and E-sports while high

Both require a large understanding before you can start to appreciate watching it

Just my 2 cents :p
Hell yeah on Chess. I watched Kasparov Deep Blue live and it was just ascii scoring and nomenclature. I have a few Chess programs but am not above 16-1700, so pretty poor.

Tom

Hell yeah on Chess. I watched Kasparov Deep Blue live and it was just ascii scoring and nomenclature. I have a few Chess programs but am not above 16-1700, so pretty poor.

Tom
Match 1 or 2? I have books on both and analyzed the games. It truly was the most fascinating, or at least the first instance of humans vs A.I.

1600 is a respectable rating to be playing at, don't think otherwise!

You obtain the title of master at 2000!

I wish I saw chess more often on ESPN

Match 1 or 2? I have books on both and analyzed the games. It truly was the most fascinating, or at least the first instance of humans vs A.I.

1600 is a respectable rating to be playing at, don't think otherwise!

You obtain the title of master at 2000!

I wish I saw chess more often on ESPN

I bought a Chessmaster something or other back in the 80’s. It had a physical board/wood pieces along with an alphanumeric keypad and an led readout. Ten levels. I couldn’t win past level 3. Life gets in the way, more videogaming as the graphics quality quality improved and less chess. I an now buy a decent chess program on IOS for $10.

The heart isn’t there for competitive chess any more. Every now and then a matchwill catch my eye and I’ll watch. My failure was the utter inability to look more than 3-4 moves ahead.

I did play online chess for a while but am fairly sure most people are cheating by using programs.

Tom

International high level ice hockey. That means World championships or Olympics. Or world cup. When Finland is playing. Beer also, with the weed. But not too much beer before or during the match. There is plenty of time for that after the game, but weed greatly helps me to drink less alcohol.

Chess (or MTG once it's accepted as a sport - took Chess only 1500 years to become one ;) )
I prefer battles of the mind to battles of physique.

When it comes to traditional sports I guess I like Fußball/Soccer because there's always room for highly intelligent players(like Toni Kroos),
and they are very treasured. Good strategists are always needed in-game, because a split-second decision can win said game,
and tactics, versatility and agility, rather than physical force are what make a good player/team.

^^^ well I don't usually go for blondes but I'd make an exception in her case...stunning or what? I also used to be county champion at triple jump age 15 and I'd reprise the triple jump for her, would likely kill me but what a way to go :)

mnmm sport while high, well for me it's gotta be snooker when baked - awesome

have been to a major footnball ("soccer" to some oddballs) match when fully baked and couldn't concentrate on thre first half whatsoever, kept forgetting there was a match on and was just soaking up the atmos....)...quite like a beer or two (max) with the footy though

completive eating when the munchies kick in. I'm not a sports fan to start with, more likely to go out and play horse shoes or lawn darts. but if i had to sit and watch a sport it would be motocross or any motorcycle racing, don't care for the toilet bowl racing where they just go around and around puts me to sleep.

The CFL (Canadian Football League) announced on Monday that the season is going to start August 5th. For us Canucks it’s a big deal As the entire season was cancelled last year - and a second straight shut down season would have ended the over 100 yr CFL b/c it’s almost completely a gate driven revenues league. Covid > no stands w/fans > no money. Minimal revenue from other sources.

If the season is toast, so is the league. Then when it restarts, it would probably be under an XFL umbrella or as an. NFL affiliate league. That is not good. Eliminate the rouge and you elimnate the only real way of solving a football overtime.

Stay tuned for the 2021 superspreader Olympics.

Tom

every once in a while i try to watch cricket - but i can't figure out whats going on....the hitters running back and forth to the pitchers mound wtf is going on here???

Curling is pretty cool....sweeping the ice and shit - looks fun

every once in a while i try to watch cricket - but i can't figure out whats going on....the hitters running back and forth to the pitchers mound wtf is going on here???
you'll never know :) - it's impossible for the US psyche to comprehend cricket

exact same for me (us?) with american 'football' - -I just cannot make out wtf is going on with it at all