• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos The Benzodiazepine MEGA THREAD - Direct Benzo Questions Here

I used to be a former benzo addict, daily for 8 months which was mostly tapering off, before that i used to do quite big doses for a month or 2 and have had some pretty hellish wds i nthe past, but i had been clean for benzos for few months now, but the past 3-4 days i took 20 10mg diaz's spread over the 3-4 days. Will i just experience some mild rebound anxiety or will this throw me into hellish withdrawals again? Im hoping it will just cause a mild rebound effect, considering i havent been a daily user for so long.

I ran into this nice benzo metabolism diagram while netsurfing. :) I think it's one the best i've ever come across. It's just a nice and simple representation.
benzojen_metabolisointi2.jpg

I tried prazepam, it's a shitty benzo at low doses (10 to 20mg), but at high(ish) doses (40mg and more) it's an ok benzo.

I was under the impression that Xanax is not water soluble, and therefore snorting it is a waste.

I've read the same, but xanax is definitely more potent when snorted. I find insufflated xanax gives me the best high of any benzo.

Valium, on the other hand, is utterly wasted if taken up the nose.

Are all 2mg clonazepam pills sublingual? I have some random generic white half cut ones, and I was wondering if these work sublingually like the 0.5mg ones.

Will taking diaz sporadically, lets say with 2/3/4 day gaps, cause any tolerance/addiction problems? For example say 30-40mg a week?

Would taking say 30mg on one day, and then having a full weeks gap be any safer?

Yeah the less frequent you dose the better. Then again if you are only dosing once every 3 to 4 weeks, 30mg might be more than enough.

A psychological dependency can happen at any interval though; keep that in mind. But at once a week or less often, unless it was phenazepam, I doubt that addiction physically speaking, would become a problem.

maybe Captain heroin has some insights on the above question?

I would say temazepam. The duration of temazepam and alprazolam (instant release) are similar. Temazepam is one of the best benzos in my opinion because you can still have REM sleep on it. It's a great hypnotic for that very reason.

It can also be very addictive to certain people; if you have a problem with Valium, then I would have someone handle your benzos so you don't get a problem with them, if you are prone to that (I myself am not, I only take it some nights - very rarely to be honest).

I was under the impression that Xanax is not water soluble, and therefore snorting it is a waste.

You can snort drugs and water solubility has nothing to do with it. For instance, triazolam has a higher snorted BA than oral, and for alprazolam this is not the case. However, alprazolam is more water soluble than triazolam.

Valium is water soluble, it should take to snorting quite well

It has a pretty poor water solubility though, so it is manufactured in ampules with ethanol and propylene glycol. Midazolam on the other hand, is plenty water soluble and is just dissolved in water in ampules called Versed.

I've read the same, but xanax is definitely more potent when snorted. I find insufflated xanax gives me the best high of any benzo.

Valium, on the other hand, is utterly wasted if taken up the nose.

It may kick in quicker, but snorting alprazolam has a lower bioavailability; it might as well be taken orally.

Triazolam is more potent snorted or used sublingually compared to oral use.

Last edited:
I would say temazepam. The duration of temazepam and alprazolam (instant release) are similar. Temazepam is one of the best benzos in my opinion because you can still have REM sleep on it. It's a great hypnotic for that very reason.

It can also be very addictive to certain people; if you have a problem with Valium, then I would have someone handle your benzos so you don't get a problem with them, if you are prone to that (I myself am not, I only take it some nights - very rarely to be honest).

I also find temazepam & smoking some weed or a few drinks of port pretty nice on a Sunday comedown. & It's definately good for getting to sleep after stims.

Xanax I found was pretty good with PV strangely. Allowed me to keep all the euphoria/high from PV but less anxiety.

Diazepam is the most useful one all round though.

It may kick in quicker, but snorting alprazolam has a lower bioavailability; it might as well be taken orally.

Interesting. For whatever reason, 1mg of insufflated xanax hits me much harder than 1mg taken orally. Maybe it's just because, as you say, it comes on quicker and maybe more intensely, but for a much briefer period of time.

hey what's up, sorry to hear about your wd's--yeah it really sucks. I have doctors tell me its impossible to be in wd after a year but this aint painkillers.
*bignbrown*, some people might be able to have an occasional dose and not reignite full blown wd but in general it can't be a good idea and will most likely prolong the process if not intensify it. I have some beers while since wd and had no problems or rebounds but some people rebound like crazy if they even have any alcohol while on bzdwd. also, beware of the "kindling" effect, search wiki or google. it basically says that multiple reinstatements and wd's get worse each time around so you should beware of anything that affects the GAbA neurons.
about suicide, the only reason I haven't done it since wd because there is no real easy way to do it. I go back and forth between utter despair and feeling somewhat less than normal, but my sleep is shitty and I twitch and twitch and caffeine is like meth to me still. I feel like shit.
*HDOubleODeezy* try to hang in there, some people have long wd's and some people don't. Stay away from benzos, alcohol, and other GABA drugs. although some people claim to get relief from antihistamines, but when I took them on wd they fucked my world up for the worse and intensified symptoms, especially restless legs. You are doing the best that you can do by tapering. I went CT and CT fucks your brains up and will definately make mine last long I realize now. Good luck, and don't expect it to be a nice linear recovery process. Some of my symptoms have improved or disappeared while others are worse than ever. I don't get it, but fuck benzos and I hate myself for thinking I could defy their physical addiction.

and... anybody else having long wd's let us know about it! anybody had a successful recovery...does such a thing exist? Anybody having trouble smoking weed during bzdwd? Even weed has been making me crazy on the wd shit! Thank you and fuck benzos!

Last edited by a moderator:
i'm 9 months off.. withdrawal commonly takes more then a year. i was on an off benzos for 10 years so kindling might have something to do with my case - i cold turkeyed as well.

people generally get better between 12-24 months but some people have symptoms longer then that

I'm probaly 80% after 9 months and I wonder if I'll ever get back to normal

and... anybody else having long wd's let us know about it! anybody had a successful recovery...does such a thing exist? Anybody having trouble smoking weed during bzdwd? Even weed has been making me crazy on the wd shit! Thank you and fuck benzos!

Weed is what kept me sane on the benzo withdrawal path. Allowed me to sleep, relax, feel good. If paranoia is something you get with weed, then AVOID sativa strains while going through WD.

I live in a shithole small town in a non-medical mj state so I got to take what weed I can get. But, I did smoke a 1-2 bowl hits of commercial stuff past couple of days and it felt a lot like it used to before wd. Maybe by the time my wd's are done I'll be having access to some good medical mj and I can get all the indica I want!
Today I'm feeling hopeful about the wd's but this shit will leave a psychological impact for sure, even if I become physically recovered. Good luck to those with wd out there!

Hello so I have used 1-3mg xanax for four days, took two off, and have now be on 1-1.5mg clonazepam for four days as well.

Am I running risk of benzo dependence ?? Is this type of use borderline? I am on Suboxone, just want to make sure this doesn't run away as well.

WEIRD: I was addicted to CLONAZ and LORAZ for about 3-4 years (since I was 16) and have been off of them for a year. I tried taking just 1mg CLONAZ and I felt so depressed and sick, it was horrible! Has anyone had the same experience or can explain?

hey lolita, I've heard that is a common response to going back and using a benzo after one has experienced WD. Probably not a good idea to mess with them when they make you feel like that.