The band everyone loves but you hate..

And since I'm at it I might as well just Go For Broke and say the entire grunge thing was contrived in the marketing department of the record companies.

That doesn't mean that Nirvana doesn't Rock but they don't rock as hard and as fun as Stone Temple Pilots or even Green Day

20230607-230710.jpg

And since I'm at it I might as well just Go For Broke and say the entire grunge thing was contrived in the marketing department of the record companies.

yea grunge my ass

garage bands

i'll tell ya what - by the time Nirvana showed up, what they did was already done

now Bleach - that was a good album

was Soundgarden considered grunge? i hated them - they were terrible

and then they made that band with Rage....what was it called again? idk all i know is that dude was singing, and i didn't even wanna hear it

ya know who else i hate? Slipknot - they're garbage

somebody else mentioned U2

"all is quiet on new years day...."

that song used to be on MTV all the time and it would boil me over

:X

Best drug I've ever done. Totally worth all the garbage music. I would listen to the "Groove is in the Heart" on repeat for one more good roll " My succotash wish."

i love Deee-Lite

she was like one of the hottest girls in the world (true story)

i love the beginning of that video - when you walk out of the club in NYC at 8am, and it feels like you just got dropped off by a spaceship

good times

And the topper and how we knew we were living in a different universe was the newspaper boxes all had the headline written in the biggest font you could imagine:

NIXON DEAD

(You had to be there. Of course you weren't or not the same you but a different you in a parallel universe)

(You had to be there. Of course you weren't or not the same you but a different you in a parallel universe)
Nah dude.... I was just 13, all night rave parties at bath houses in San Fran on ecstacy, while listening to Deee-lite were still a dream away. No other universe. Old people die on earth. No big deal. Not like he assassinated from 3rd floor of book depository.

You were high...

Time to take off smiley face t-shirt, lay down ketamine tooter and sober up

Look... We all deal with death in different ways. I was crushed when I found out Jerry Springer died this year too. I just dont think drugs and Deee-lite are the answer.

Even if it is my "succotash wish".

Last edited:
i love Deee-Lite

she was like one of the hottest girls in the world (true story)

i love the beginning of that video - when you walk out of the club in NYC at 8am, and it feels like you just got dropped off by a spaceship

good times

We had all night, after hour clubs till Mayor Glenda Hood fucked that shit up

Also youre not supposed to say that out loud. Deee-lite confessions are for the music guilty pleasures thread. What do I look like priest? You're just gonna have to sprinkle your house with holy water, say 7 hail Mary's and hope this Ungodly possession leaves you. We all battle our inner Deee-lites.

Also like how they had to specify she was wearing fake fur at the beginning. Wouldn't wanna commit that faux pax, as if the music isn't the real crime against humanity. I kid.... If you were a priest I might tell you I like Deee-lite.

Last edited: