The band everyone loves but you hate..

somnilicious

Bluelighter
Ok.... I was wondering, is there one band everyone seems to love but you think that they're garbage? and now for the band that inspired this thread, which is the one band from the 90's grunge scene that sucks but everybody who wasn't of age at the time seems to love. Especially in druggy circles. I really can't stand "Alice In Chains" and I know I'm gonna receive shit for it.

They're just so fucking depressing. I lived the life. I don't wanna listen to some whiny, anemic, depressed bitch croon his way through 12 songs that make me wanna shoot up enough heroin to not care or blow my fucking brains out with a gun. Why anyone likes this band is beyond me and I was actually there and a fan of their contemporaries.

Fuck Alice in Chains and all the wanna be edgy I've done heroin before twats that listen to their music. If they actually even do. Shit fucking band...

hah. "rotten apples" and "again" used to mess with my head so bad growing up. i love that depressed feeling. i feel bad for you that you can't feel what i'm feeling when listening to stuff like that. i get off on the emo stuff... i was like really young getting into that stuff too... music still effects me to this day.

i'll go with this thread and say i don't really like disco biscuits, not really grunge, but i can't get into that stuff. like i thought the synth was cool like a jam band video game on some of the stuff, but i was kind of disapointed by that band. i've tried listening a few times.

hah. "rotten apples" and "again" used to mess with my head so bad growing up. i love that depressed feeling. i feel bad for you that you can't feel what i'm feeling when listening to stuff like that. i get off on the emo stuff... i was like really young getting into that stuff too... music still effects me to this day.

i'll go with this thread and say i don't really like disco biscuits, not really grunge, but i can't get into that stuff. like i thought the synth was cool like a jam band video game on some of the stuff, but i was kind of disapointed by that band. i've tried listening a few times.
That's just it.... I love emo type shit. I like the Cure, Radiohead, Smashing Pumpkins and Nirvana(who all had more energy) and lots of other emotional artists. I just feel AIC had no range it was just almost all exclusively heavy, slow, depressing shit. I guess I do wish I liked them.... Dem Bones, the "I want to travel South this year" and "Heaven Besides me" Acoustic are alright I guess but they're nowhere near the band druggies give them credit for being.... Imo

Lol... But Hotel California.

My 1st girl liked Eagles. They're aight...

FUCK Hotel California. If I never hear that song again it will be too soon.

When I was in high school everybody I knew worshipped the goddamn Eagles, so I had to hear that whiny bullshit constantly. I always thought they were WAY overrated. Still do.

I saw The Big Lebowski in a theater when it came out. When The Dude said "I hate the fucking Eagles" I cheered loudly, much to the consternation of my girlfriend.

When I was in high school everybody I knew worshipped the goddamn Eagles, so I had to hear that whiny bullshit constantly. I always thought they were WAY overrated. Still do.

I saw The Big Lebowski in a theater when it came out. When The Dude said "I hate the fucking Eagles" I cheered loudly, much to the consternation of my girlfriend.

Alice In Chains should get Don Henley to sing Man in the Box.

I feel Lebowski's pain btw...

Alice in Chains was never my favorite..had friends who loved them like a lot of other obscure depressing type bands but just recently I actually started listening to them myself and Would is my favorite.

Alice in Chains was never my favorite..had friends who loved them like a lot of other obscure depressing type bands but just recently I actually started listening to them myself and Would is my favorite.
Hate was a strong word anyways. I like some of the songs if I'm in the mood but some people just worship them and Layne Staley as if they were God's or something. I guess a lot of it comes from my dislike of those romanticizing Layne's addiction

AIC first album is such a great work out album. I play guitar, and there skills and melody all mostly all I listen for. I often have no clue what songs are about. Man in a box is a banger though, and true.
For me it’s U2, Maroon 5, any nu metal band

...For me it’s U2...
Yeah, that's another one that I always thought was overrated. They certainly got way too much airplay. Shortly after they arrived on the scene I was really wishing I had some kind of musical aptitude so that I could start a band and call it Me Neither.