• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives The Antabuse for Dissociatives

OP, thank you for this thread, I think it's really useful information and I appreciate you sticking with it despite some of the narrow-minded comments early on.

I wonder if any of these drugs can be used to help reduce perma-tolerance, as I've been a disso user for almost 25 years now, and still get benefit from them, but would love to find a way to start trimming the hedges a bit and getting my nmda system to be less desensitized to keta, MXE, DMXE etc.
CT for sure has some large ideas based off of logic. And these ideas should be thrown out to people to discuss. I missed this thread when it came out. Not being a dissociative guy I may have skimmed over it. But what I do like are good ideas and some literature behind it. The knowledge is good enough for me. But I can almost bet CT is on to something here that will unfold more. That is how solutions start.

All good ideas get attacked. That is how you know it is a good idea. Both CT and Lucid have excellent ideas on dissociatives. The bladder sticky thread Lucid started is important. Also important is a possible antidote to dissociative over use and remedies as CT stated.

Here's another idea to throw into the pile - Does the American diet, one with higher sugar content, render a degree of protection against Ketamine bladder? We don't see it a lot in the U.S. and it's a common 'folk remedy' to give someone sugar when high on K to help with being too intoxicated, something I have noticed isn't really discussed as much elsewhere.

Ketamine inhibits the sodium channels as part of it's effects, salt and sugar are opposing ends of the spectrum. Perhaps there's some kind of linkage there. I'm not a scientist and have no basis to make a claim like this, but it's something I've been thinking about recently based on breadcrumbs, intuition, and observation.

Considering the psychological link towards immune response I guess it belongs to the realm of possibility to trick the body into reacting differently towards the dissociative. I've been doing it with a variety of herbal teas. With some knowledge in mind of what their chemicals should do on the system, the mind is cued for some effects along those directions. It serves both as memory palace, and it herbalizes and thus brings to life what's otherwise at risk to come across as a mere robotic performance. Yeah, why haven't I tried to sweeten it up with sugar in exactly the same way? Excellent point. I guess because sugar has a crashy side to it and it comes with some complications? Nothing that couldn't be managed or overcome, though.

For future endeavours that is, intuition has led me to weed now to get the appetite to get the sugar that way. It's funny how these things work out.

There is no link between L-type calcium channels and the effects of NMDA antagonists. L-type calcium channels are primarily found in muscle (especially in cardiac and smooth muscle). Inhibitors of these channels will not bind voltage gated calcium channels in the brain unfortunately.

I'm wary about ampakines such as racetams and noopept killing a disso trip. In undergrad, I had a year where I gave nootropics the old college try, whilst also having decent access to MXE. I did not notice any weakening of trips when I took my stack (noopept, phenylpiracetam, choline, bunch of other shit like vitamins and herbs) right before versus in the morning when a trip would be at night, versus when I stopped taking nootropics (as I didn't have that kind of money to spend on placebos).

Someone know if the NAC permanently affect the dissociative effects of Ketamin ?

Even if we stop to consumme NAC for weeks ?

This will be interesting.
I haven't done K since ~2006 and was given some last summer.
I was taking a cycle of NAC along with Mg glycinate regularly but am on a break from all drugs and supplements until March.
Will be interesting to see if the K has a limited effect when I do finally get to it if I try it during a period of regular NAC use.

I normally take 500mg NAC with 270mg Mg glycinate with breakfast in the mornings when I am taking them. Any dose of K wouldn't likely be until ~6-12 hours post supplement dose.

I normally cycle NAC Monday-Thursday for 1-2 months with a 1-3 week break in between. Be interesting to see if there is any difference in K effect near the beginning vs the end of a cycle.