• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

The all new 2014/2015 Football thread v. Wheres my fackin' lager?!

I doubt many from outside that league have, but the fact that he was considered their weak link before the world cup suggests he cant have been all that. Although that conclusion could have been based from just his games for Argentina, rather than Sporting. Who knows!

I would be most worried about his rating on FIFA tbh :D Here me out though. The previous FIFA games i would always purchase the youngest players with around 79 overall (to put it into perspective Messi is 94, Mertesacker 81, Mata 86) and a lot of the time these young players who dont have a huge overall rating (but large potential, meaning they develop quicker) actually turn out to be world class players in real life.

Im aware that was probably all gibberish to you though =D

Personally i think you would have been better off getting Clyne from Southampton.

I reckon brimz would have an opinion to offer. He followed Portuguese football pretty closely.

And yes, I follow what you're saying about ratings on FIFA games, but they're not always spot on, are they? Though some are spooky when it comes to predicting future development, I'll give you that.

They can be WELL off sometimes, but yeah they do seem to have a nack for predicting future stars.

I cant imagine Rojo will start out amazing, what with a new team, new league and completely different formation, but what annoys me is how quick fans are to jump down their throat like their the fucking anti-christ! Its not just one team in particular, it happens all over. I get the feeling that if Rojo doesnt perform the first few games there will be a huge uproar about getting the people at the top of your club fucked off and just create a shyte atmosphere all around.

Luckily for me being an Arsenal fan, when you have the likes of Sanogo upfront theres nowt to worry about ;) I see the potential, but no way ready for the task he has been given, yet.

Hmmmm dont know how i feel about that. As everyone knows he can be a world class striker when he wants to be, but he has the attitude of someone stacking shelves in Spar. You cant really tell how it will pan out. Im hoping that hes already thinking that he is miles ahead of every other liverpool player, so this will cause friction in the Liverpool camp, which in turn will make Gerard give him a talking to to show him who is top dog causing Balotelli to have a wanky strop and play to only 50% of his ability.

Yeah im sure the events will unfold EXACTLY like that. Im sure there will be the most friction between Gerard and Balotelli though; they seem like such an awful match haha.

Liverpool swapping a player that likes to bite people with a player that likes to set their own house on fire. Shrewd business

Ive still got a soft spot for him because of how happy he looked when he pretended the corner flag was his dick. He just looked so so happy hahaha <3%)

Ipswich Town v Norwich City this weekend. Just hope Ipswich win otherwise it means months of piss taking by my dad who supports Norwich(fool).

Less than Rooney earns in a week I read somewhere, crazy.

Transfer spending in the last 5 years.

Manchester United - £320m
Liverpool - £435m
Chelsea - £534m
Manchester City - £704m

So if we spend another £380m we will be on the same level as the mighty Manchester City? I sure hope so.

Aston Villa have accepted £9m for Tom Cleverley, a MUFC academy player, but all the best he simply was not good enough. Nani and Zaha are both off on loan, no one wants to pay for Anderson, looks like we are keeping Young and Valencia, Kagawa seems close to rejoining Dortmund, Hernandez also has had a few offers.

We could recoup around £80m or so, anyway Burnley away the biggest game of our lives incoming. Safe to say Van Gaal underestimated MK dons, load of u21s and rejects trying to play a system they have never before. Feck it, laugh it up, probally deserve it, especially you mr ispswich fan.

80m seems a bit optimistic, you definitely need to ship out the deadwood though.

I think between the lot we can get that easily, by going current English players Welbeck is worth at least £25m (another shame, been since MUFC academy since under 10), but if we are playing 1 striker, not enough time for him unfortunately) Hernandez £12-£15m (Juve have also bid), Nani, Anderson, Cleverley £9m, Lindergaard etc I think we could do that easy. Buttner sold for £5m, our problem is that Ferdinand, Evra, Vidic, Giggs all left or retired for absolutely free.

STATS !!! Fuck it, we have a new team for the PL compared to MK Dons, but still highly embarrassing.

Played 6, won 5, drawn 1, scored 12, conceded 3. Top of the league.

Don't reckon you will get £25m for Welbeck, Sturridge went for 12m just over a year ago.

Don't reckon you will get £25m for Welbeck, Sturridge went for 12m just over a year ago.

Yeah as said though he would be worth double that, in a time when Fabio Borini is being sold for around £12m, Jack Rodwell goes for the same £12m, David Luiz £50m, Lukaku £28m, Shane Long £12m, Adam Lallana £25m........... I think its not far out that hes worth £25m, has the potential as has been seen, being english and all..

Well if liverpool are in for him you would probably get about 40m, they love overpaying for a british player.