• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

The all new 2014/2015 Football thread v. Wheres my fackin' lager?!

Yohoho, Utd never learn do they? I know, stick LVG's face on a huge fuck off banner at the Stretford End, that should do it.

How did Swansea get on yesterday? I only heard Man Utd lost.

Contd p.39

Good performance, was especially impressed with Cissokho, think he wants to prove himself after last year with Liverpool..

Brilliant moment.

_76985307_villa.jpg

This was class yesterday! [video]https://vine.co/v/M3mMh7dKTa2[/video] =D

Id say arguably we have a worse team than last season, so much for spending this massive warchest we have. Biggest earners in football contracts but United still failing to see any of it? Moyes spent £60m? That was our training ground sponsor for the year. We need 2 new experienced defenders, a CM (possibly 2) and a winger. Not sure why we are still discussing it after the first game of the season though, finally though we can see hernandez is not a starter, and our squad is still not good enough that game reminded me a lot of last season.

Still time though, Id be very happy just to finish in the top 4, if we finish outside again I can see the glazers starting to bail.

Is soccer?

Im also dubious about this big ol' warchest Man U apparently have. Every year seems to be the same; promises of big name super stars throughout the transfer window and then a panic buy towards the end. Rojo? Not the best of signings IMO. Although he may have had a good world cup (which seems to raise a players price tenfold) he was considered Argentinas weak link before hand. Havnt actually seen him play, but he had a 74 rating on FIFA last time i saw, so hes bound to be shit ;) Also read that the Glazers plan to stay for at least another 5 years; so make of that what you will!

United have spent 120m on 4 players in the space of 12 months. Hardly super scrimpers is it?

Shit, didnt realise it was that much!

Do you know who they were off the top of your head? Can only think of Mata & that one that looks like a absolute villain from a Disney film.

Shaw (27m), Mata (37m), Herrera (29m), Fellaini (27.5m).

Money could have been spent MUCH wiser IMO. Apart from Mata, it seems United cant really lure in any world class players. Having recently been snubbed by Muller, Reus, Kroos, Di Maria, Vidal. Perhaps its the high wage demands thats the problem?

27445.jpg

Such a villain haha. Have never rated him tbh. Now thats a desperate buy if i've ever seen one! Would be lucky to get 12.5m for him if you decide to sell him.

They do definitely seem to be lacking in getting transfers over the line. The Herrera transfer took 2 transfer windows to complete!

Think that the high wage demands have anything to do with it? I know you say they have spent £120m, but there must be some reason why world-class players arnt willing to join. Who wouldnt want to leave the sunny shores of Spain to play in wet and windy Manchester?

Also, why does everyone dislike Liverpool? I've got absolutely no reason to, yet i dislike them equally as much as Chelsea. Is it Gerard? Jamie Carragher? They both piss me off, but not enough to make me dislike the whole of the team :?

It could be, I think there is a lot of uncertainty at the club so players are a bit put off going there. Also David Gill has gone and the new guy doing the business end of transfers is a bit of an amateur it seems.

Jamie Carragher because he is completely incapable of pronouncing anyones name correctly, possibly even his own. Liverpool because they constantly have ideas above their station, the spurs of the north.

Yeah Jamie Carraghers voice is quite something haha. Why would they let him be a pundit?! Its not as if his personality makes up for it, cos he seems like a knob as well! Its almost as if they chose him purely to clash with Garry Neville. "Right, we've got a Manc, now we just need to find the most unbearable stereotypical Scouse". I do quite like Gary Neville as a pundit though.

Not particulay hillarious, but just shows Gary flexing his muscles ;)

As for Liverpool thinking they can sign the likes of Cavani, Sanchez, Falcao, Reus - its laughable! They do well for one seasion, riding on the back on one player (for the most part) and all of a sudden they think theyre as good as the top teams in Europe. Only other team i dislike more are Chelsea.

It could be, I think there is a lot of uncertainty at the club so players are a bit put off going there. Also David Gill has gone and the new guy doing the business end of transfers is a bit of an amateur it seems.

Woodward? Agreed.

How about the Rojo deal? Anybody see him play much prior to the World Cup?

Ah, cheers. Not what I wanted to read, but kinda expected. :D

Did anybody actually see him play for Sporting though?