• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides The ALD-52 Thread

someone who is me

most people who write it think it means someone who isnt me but everybody knows they are talking about themselves

Wow its wierd to read this thread again. It was a good one, I've experienced and learned so much more about L since my last post in this thread

Microdotted said:
There has been some discussion here in Australia that the poppy seed sized microdots that are everywhere down here are ALD-52, very strong, visual patterns, no anxiety..amazing. The best "acid" to circulate in oz in 20 years!

I really doubt it. I've had these microdots several times (they circulated worldwide, coming from Europe)... once when they were fresh and it was an excellent trip. However there was a normal amount of tension and anxiety compared to other LSD trips.

Then I ate them several times about half a year later, same exact stuff, and the same stuff you guys had in Australia, but it was somewhat degraded by then. The dots were noticeably weaker and didn't feel very "clean" in general.

I heard rumors that these were needlepoint acid but I doubt it, and who cares anyway.

The point I am trying to get to is this: I have had plenty of LSD trips with below average tension and anxiety, either due to my midset and setting or the cleanliness / freshness of the LSD. I have had some LSD trips that lasted longer than expected, and some that were remarkably visual, and some that were extremely deep. Other LSD trips have been dirtier, less focused, and speedier.

Point #2: What you guys describe as trips which you assume were ALD-52 sounds a LOT like my experience with white fluff LSD (which is ~95% pure I guess). The fluff was not speedy at all, very visual, very relaxing and meditative, and very deep. But it was definitely not ALD-52.

I really do think that most of you guys just happened to sample some excellent LSD, or happened to have a really good LSD trip and for some reason you want to think it's ALD-52.

The variation in the effects of LSD ---- especially when factoring in the range of quality of LSD and the *fact*, as far as I'm concerned, that higher quality crystal produces a cleaner feeling trip ---- can easily explain most of your "ALD-52" experiences.

Now I don't doubt that a few select people have access to ALD-52. But in most cases, the simplest explanation is most likely to be the truth.

There's a lot in what bluedolphin says. Many many years ago, I had an orange microdot at Stonehenge festival that was made with LSD from one of Kemp's last runs, before operation Julie. It almost felt like a different drug compared with the blotter I've had. From that, I think it's pretty obvious that very pure LSD feels different to older/less well manufactured LSD (if anybody has binding affinities for iso-LSD, I'd be grateful). Although not psychedelic, iso-LSD may well still interact with dopamine receptors etc, so colouring the experience slightly differently.

Oh, and Sandoz wouldn't produce ALD-52 and sell it as LSD, as the amount of scientific literature that used their product would be invalidated if it turned out to be a different drug. That would produce the sort of mistrust and uncertainty that would cause the whole company to fall (no faith in their pharmaceutical products).

All that from selling ALD-52 as LSD: C'mon people, show some common sense here (as somebody said, they're not some dodgy little chemist on the illict drug market)

PS. For people claiming to have had ALD-52, because they'd tested it in a lab, which analytical method did you use in your identification (no answer will be taken as people spouting bollocks)

Thank you, Fastandbulbous. Your last post has partly solved a mystery I've carried for many years.

My first LSD experience was in 1977, also an orange pill, which I've always been confident was one of the last of the "Operataion Julie" product.

This trip was incredible - amazing visuals but no anxiety or body problems. I've probably taken blotter acid 50+ times since then, but never had an experince as clean and spectacular than the first. Only once did I come close - blotter "dragons" available in Australia about 1980. While nothing like as strong as the "orange barrels" (as they were known here) it was the same clean experience.

The Dragons were reputed to be of local manufacture. This was borne out by a friend of mine at the time, who having sampled these blotters in Melbourne, subsequently bought some while holidaying in the reputed area of their manufacture. He took two, and had something resembling an overdose for even a seasoned tripper (by that I mean he tripped far harder than he was expecting, including a full blown out-of-body experience).

All this leads me to believe that the purity of the acid is very important. It's said that Kemp developed a new process that delivered exceptional purity. The "dragon" story suggests that the blotters didn't degrade in quality, but rather in quantity (dosage). Many other blotters I've consumed I suspect weren't very pure to start off with.

I gave up psychedelic drugs a few years ago, but if someone came to me with a product comparable to the "orange barrels" or the "dragons" I'd be sorely tempted.

Anyway, it seems purity is important. Anyone have a guess what the Kemp pills were in terms of dosage? I only had a half - I'd guess 150-200 ug, making the whole pill 300-400 ug.

A connection

You've just backed up what I said, thanks

People getting acid from a local source (of high quality), will get the "cleaner" feeling when tripping, as the acid has been stored/handled by people knowing what are optimum conditions for storage; therefore v. little iso-LSD present.
Most people though, get blotters/microdots etc. after it has gone through quite a few people's hands. It only takes one person to store it incorrectly, and the % of iso-LSD will start to increase; so the dirtier, less intense trip.

If anyone has had some blotter etc tested (also give analytical method used, as anybody can say "it was tested, and was ALD-52"), and it's come back as 1-acetyl LSD then yes, it looks good; but just guessing because it feels different (cleaner more intense etc), is just that, guessing.

Mindsurfer:
Don't have much idea about the dose (it was only the 4th time I'd had LSD) other than to say that it was a sight more than I've ever got in a single dosage unit, either before or since (I couldn't "see" the stones, just abstract geometric shapes - that were most probably "stonehenge shaped"!)

I've just noticed a reputable Chinese vendor carrying ALD-52 hcl
Wtf is this???
If the Chinese did synth some ald-52 shouldn't it be in the hemi-tarterate salt formula and not the hydrochloride salt???
Just googling this brings up a million sketchy as hell looking vendor's offering this.
But apparently some reputable ones as well.
I'm.hoping it's not an nboh or something....I wonder if they somehow made stable ald52 hcl???
I doubt it but was curious what the drug boffins who know more than I think about it?

Last edited:
Hmm, good point. I wonder if it's a mis-labeling, or if it's just bogus? But I know which vendor you're talking about and they've never sent me anything bad quality.

I've just noticed a reputable Chinese vendor carrying ALD-52 hcl
Wtf is this???
If the Chinese did synth some ald-52 shouldn't it be in the hemi-tarterate salt formula and not the hydrochloride salt???
Just googling this brings up a million sketchy as hell looking vendor's offering this.
But apparently some reputable ones as well.
I'm.hoping it's not an nboh or something....I wonder if they somehow made stable ald52 hcl???
I doubt it but was curious what the drug boffins who know more than I think about it?

Can't comment on the salt, but this batch has a great deal of iso-ALD-52 and other isomers present, which is why you see the current homemade ALD-52 tabs being dosed very high like 300ug.