• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

The afterlife...

Generic memory, as far as humans go, strikes me as a term similar to quantum teleportation. A real term with real implications but almost never used casually to mean anything remotely based in reality.
I don't know about generic memory but genetic memory is kind of remembering your own birth. I guess it could also include things like time travel, ancestral memories etc. Definitely see your point there
-Gormur

:LOL:
The fire bit, really accentuated how hell is specifically, hot. This is a new revelatory concept, apparently.

Well if hell is so hot, then heaven - being the polar opposite - must be bloody freezing! :D

It's either supposed to be in the sky or maybe Antarctica for Southern Hemisphere peoples and Greenland/North Pole for Northern Hemispherians =)

Heaven is being closer to God. Hell is the absence of God. Both are a result of how consciousness chooses to perceive... either dualistically and in separation, or as one with divinity. These are allegories for ways of life, ways of choosing to live. You can be alive and live in Hell if you are not in right relation with spirit.

Hell as a hot place came from the fiction Dante's Inferno written in the Middle Ages, which was based on a Hadean version of the underworld from Greece. Except in Greece, everyone ended up in Hades, and it was divided into different sections. Everyone went there, good or bad. It wasn't until later that the idea of judgment came into place, which is what Dante copied in his works. If you were judged poorly you went to hell to burn for all eternity, and if not you entered paradise.

In the Middle Ages, so many people were illiterate that the story became part of pop culture very quickly, and the Church was all too happy to usurp it to manipulate their audiences. In reality, the original Koine refers to Hell as an existence without God and doesn't say much else on the subject.

Heaven is being closer to God. Hell is the absence of God. Both are a result of how consciousness chooses to perceive... either dualistically and in separation, or as one with divinity. These are allegories for ways of life, ways of choosing to live. You can be alive and live in Hell if you are not in right relation with spirit.

Hell as a hot place came from the fiction Dante's Inferno written in the Middle Ages, which was based on a Hadean version of the underworld from Greece. Except in Greece, everyone ended up in Hades, and it was divided into different sections. Everyone went there, good or bad. It wasn't until later that the idea of judgment came into place, which is what Dante copied in his works. If you were judged poorly you went to hell to burn for all eternity, and if not you entered paradise.

In the Middle Ages, so many people were illiterate that the story became part of pop culture very quickly, and the Church was all too happy to usurp it to manipulate their audiences. In reality, the original Koine refers to Hell as an existence without God and doesn't say much else on the subject.

That's really interesting, thanks for that tidbit Foreigner. :) Crazy how one guy's fiction piece ended up shaping so many peoples' lives for centuries up to this very day. Of course not wittingly on his part.

Hell as a hot place came from the fiction Dante's Inferno written in the Middle Ages,

OK so I'm not expert on this, but that seems really unlikely. Dantes inferno describes a layered hell, starting hot for the least bad sinners, and ending in a frozen circle for the worst sinners, the traitors.

Furthermore, there are passages in the new testament predating Dantes inferno describing hell as a blazing furnace among other hot descriptors.

Soo... How can it stem from Dante?

OK so I'm not expert on this, but that seems really unlikely. Dantes inferno describes a layered hell, starting hot for the least bad sinners, and ending in a frozen circle for the worst sinners, the traitors.

Furthermore, there are passages in the new testament predating Dantes inferno describing hell as a blazing furnace among other hot descriptors.

Research, and talking to clergy.

They did a study where even when the heart stops the brain still lights up for several minutes after death even when brainwave activity can't be recorded. They say you are concious of your own demise... I think or hope we simply enter another realm..another dimension.

I already know where i'm going when my life ends. I've been there a few times

Well if hell is so hot, then heaven - being the polar opposite - must be bloody freezing! :D
Ah, but apparently in Zoroastrianism, hell is a "cold and ill-smelling place where the souls of sinners are tormented" sorry can only quote from memory but will source when I get time.

...basically renting a cheap room/flat.

So, generally, 'hell' is all about when thermoregulation is compromised - in simple terms certain thermoreceptors and nociceptors are related to 'hot'- pain ( not sexy pain, the other kind!). Imagine the link, how profound that religion would describe a physiological state in dramatic terms and make a cult out of it.:unsure:

You're right. It didn't.

It can stem from Dante, think about Big Bang. What's this? We know it as the beginning of the universe, ok so what does this mean? Well, where's the previous universe?

It was the same? See what im sayin, we don't know. We can only imagine and lay out some theories.

They did a study where even when the heart stops the brain still lights up for several minutes after death even when brainwave activity can't be recorded. They say you are concious of your own demise... I think or hope we simply enter another realm..another dimension.
I recall hearing from a girl's youtube channel that the aura changes over the course of three and half days following death. Unrelated but I thought it worth mentioning.

In level 109 of real Hell you end up going through a spaceship's hull which is cold, then you get eaten by this guy and you end up in his stomach which has a library inside of it which has loads of visitors, this is the worst thing that could be in there because you can't read any more. Lol.

Finished our book about this stuff which is in the 'confident assertion' thread in lounge, it has 62 pages

I think the afterlife is a life. I never saw myself as having a life. It always seems like others trying to control your existence, so maybe an afterlife is where you get to experience a life without these predispositions