• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

The ACIEEEEEEEEEED!!! Appreciation Thread

7zark7 said:
ahhh... the perfect accompaniment to any acid experience! ;)

Gotta be Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. Oh my yes.

Want to take acid, miss it muchily but the person I'm going to take it with is faffing about with work and the like, and I don't like doing psychedelics with anyone but her :(

Mind_Movie said:
tazz1ey.jpg

Tazmanian Devils ftw!!

What fun.

Now i want some more acid, but i think my head rest. I've slept a miniscule amount since wednesday.

Am I the only one that cant get hold of acid?

I've never tried it. And im really curious about it.

Shrooms were great! Just wondering, is an acid trip completely different or what?

I'd say its very different, i much prefer it. although saying that i havnt had any shrooms since they've been illegal wouldnt mind getting some again.

I have encountered the above blotters very recently:p

WTF are they called though??!

Jude

The next day syndrome is smoothed out beautifully with some morphine and maybe a touch of cocaine !

zophen

I want to know what acid I'll be taking. It's funny colours and scares me.

^ I usually find I cannot sleep although that's dropping late at night (my usual routine) afterglow would be a better description than *dirty drained feeling*to my way of thinking.

zophen

^ Fried ? I often really enjoy the next day sitting chatting with fellow travellers and recounting our combined idiocies and enlightenments.

zophen

Seuss, how comes you feel fried the next day? I usually feel like a better person with a clear mind again, I guess it depends on the quality of the acid?

zophen said:
The next day syndrome is smoothed out beautifully with some morphine and maybe a touch of cocaine !

zophen
Coke eh? I'll have to investigate your claim sometime in the near future maybe? =D

^ Fried ? I often really enjoy the next day sitting chatting with fellow travellers and recounting our combined idiocies and enlightenments.

hrm, not for me...

this kind of post-event enlightenment is exactly what i treasure from shrooms. but with acid i find my brain is tired, tired of the constant go-go-go, tired of the forced-induction approach, tired from having the third eye torn open instead of gently sweet-talked into opening, tired from the laughing, tired from the emotions, tired from the body load.

then again i really, REALLY struggle to get to sleep on acid... so perhaps my vision of the comedown period is somewhat prejudiced.

I usually feel like a better person with a clear mind again, I guess it depends on the quality of the acid?

how very presumptuous, you young rascal! what are you suggesting? ;)

seriously dude i doubt it had anything to do with the quality of the acid. i was fortunate enough to have some of the 'hands' which were around when i was about 14; sydney 2000s, which has the olympic logo on and were pretty fucking intense; the second wave of purple ohms in australia in the early/mid 1990s, which were almost universally acknowledged as being beautiful trips; i've had windowpanes from surfers, cubes from hippies, microdots from strangers and liquid from ravers... so unless i had an *extraordinarily* bad 10-year run, i don't think it's the quality ;)

it ties in with what i was saying before about actually retaining the lessons learnt during the psychedelic experience. to me, acid is somewhat forced and decidedly Other (i.e., the feeling is unlike anything you could imagine yet you feel you know it intensely). it's that alien level of reflection, that impersonal and slightly contrived introspection - that's what i find the predominant factor in my acid trips, at least towards the end. certainly i found that i was mentally exhausted by the time i figured out i didn't want or need it anymore. perhaps it's because when the psychedelic experience becomes commonplace you lose touch with the initial power it holds; for me personally, with time, the bright lights of revelation are dimmed somewhat by the familiarity of it all, and the layering of negative associations which are a result of spending a lot of time tripping and also dealing with some fucked up things.

certainly the first couple of times i did acid were incredible and potent experiences. but i still found it difficult to actually drag across into the conscious / real world the tales and cautions and inspirations i derived from the experience itself, because it seems so detached. with shrooms i find it both easy and fun to bring those lessons back with me into Real Life, and most importantly to continue to implement them / learn from them in the days and weeks to follow. i find it energises my soul; gives me a kind of spiritual nourishment. i feel a long term benefit from the psilocybin experience which is somehow less metallic than LSD, less plasticky than MDMA, less chemical than either of them and somehow more lasting.

perhaps it's because when the psychedelic experience becomes commonplace you lose touch with the initial power it hold

That's very true I laid off LSD for about ten years due to overexposure.
I find psilocybin makes me well sleepy these days and I have little recall of the ins and outs of the journey. Each to their own anyway it's not the road you take in this game it's getting to the destination that's important.

zophen