View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The acid finds you

Lackasham

Bluelighter
Most of you on here probably know of the saying "you don't find the acid, the acid finds you" but to what extent do you think this is true? Obviously an everyday person not looking to experience psychedelics are going to just stumble upon lsd in most cases. You have to be searching for it in some form or fashion don't you?

In my case this saying does hold true though. I was searching to experience lsd for the first time for months with many "it will be here tomorrow" 's that ultimately ended in disappointment. I gave up. Then one fall Wednesday an average roadie to my bud dealers house ended in unexpectedly scoring some acid.

What are your guys' experiences with this phrase? Does it hold true for you? And to what extent?

not really
but i have prevented certain people from getting it through me because i don't think it is for them

Well, I had my first real acid trip (above threshold) last weekend, and I brought some of my own. But I got it because an old friend had just contacted me and we reconnected (like a week before), and he happened to mention he had a good hookup, which is something I did not have. Then at the festival a bunch of people offered acid, but that's normal. I did buy some from a nice couple who we chilled with, and it was good too, though weaker than what I had brought. But it made there be enough for the whole group.

So... I don't know, I wasn't looking for it actively but I was actively desiring to have a full LSD experience sometime in the near future, so I was receptive to it. I think the primary reason is because of what you said, that people not looking for it aren't likely to come across it. Someone not interested was also offered LSD at the festival, I'm sure. But they don't say "you don't find the mushrooms, the mushrooms find you", do they?

not really
but i have prevented certain people from getting it through me because i don't think it is for them

This what I've always consider the meaning. Back in the day when acid production and distribution was restricted by a few heady souls you almost had to prove yourself worthy to receive it.

Unfortunately looking around this site it would be nice to limit its access to the proportion of idiots who give psychedelics a bad name. With so many unscrupulous dealers also putting people's lives at risk it would be better if it's availability was a little more restricted.

I think it's bullshit myself. I've been looking for it for 30 years (really). It's not exactly as if I can put up a billboard that says 'looking for acid, contact Tom at....'.

It's a product. A commodity, that's it. Pretty special one, but not conscious in and of itself.

But then, with LSZ, Al-Lad and etc life is pretty good.

Tom

^

How have you not been able to find LSD for 30 years? It was all around in the 80s, 90s, and even very early 00s before and immediately after the Pickard bust. It's still around today but a lot of what's sold as "LSD" is not always LSD but a research chemical. Fortunately if you want to trip there are always some fun guys around. ;) I don't even use drugs anymore, and haven't since since I'm sober but if I were hypothetically going to I'd hang out with those fun guys that make me laugh.

One Thousand Words said:
This what I've always consider the meaning. Back in the day when acid production and distribution was restricted by a few heady souls you almost had to prove yourself worthy to receive it.

Unfortunately looking around this site it would be nice to limit its access to the proportion of idiots who give psychedelics a bad name. With so many unscrupulous dealers also putting people's lives at risk it would be better if it's availability was a little more restricted.

It was like that when LSD was legal, or very new; but my friends who were around in the 60s or early 70s said how it was just like any other drug and easily available if you wanted it.

I think there might be some truth to this, but its sure easier for LSD to find you if you make yourself available to it by going to the right places and knowing the right people!

There is some filtering going on in the distro of LSD. I think theres a few reasons for this: LSD is extremely discreet to transport and distribute, so the only vulnerability to these networks is someone not cool penetrating and busting/snitching. And the penalty for getting busted is extreme. So the people distributing are very careful who they talk to. Also, LSD isn't exactly the most lucrative drug to manufacture or sell, there are lots of others that are used more chronically, are easier to produce etc. So I think a lot of ppl in the LSD world are doing it a lot for the love, for sharing something amazing with great people.

Also, there is something about the LSD experience itself that promotes this kind of clique-iness, or cultyness, or snobbishness. None of those are the right words because they have a negative connotation, and it's not specifically a bad thing to have some barriers to entry on a drug that is so special and can cause problems if used recklessly.

Last edited:
I've always gotten it from a different person each time. And each time, someone calls me up asking if I want some LSD, I've never actually looked for it myself. So I personally believe in "The acid finds you." Often times it'll be out of the blue and surprising. And the trips are always spontaneous, never planned.

One of the best things about living in the most backwoods state in america is how easy acid "finds you" at all the small family held festivals, most of it is sold/gave away by friends or family of the hosts. I've been going since '07 and have yet to come across any nbomes or the like.

Last edited:
. It's not exactly as if I can put up a billboard that says 'looking for acid, contact Tom at....'.

lsd.jpg

Depends how hot you are Tom

How have you not been able to find LSD for 30 years? It was all around in the 80s, 90s, and even very early 00s before and immediately after the Pickard bust.

the picard bust didn't really put much of a damper on acid's availability because he was operating outside of the traditional circles that have always produced it. some of the best years for acid availability were '06 through '09 IME

the picard bust didn't really put much of a damper on acid's availability because he was operating outside of the traditional circles that have always produced it. some of the best years for acid availability were '06 through '09 IME

OK I haven't taken any for a long time. When I was still using drugs I just took mushrooms, or used cannabis when research chems first got started being sold as LSD, and I did not take any LSD at all after the very early 00s.

It's true that real LSD can be hard to find when there are so many NBOMe blotters in circulation. However, it's a chemical, not an animal, so acid can't "find" anything. :)

The best way I can put this: I strongly recommend that if you ever get acid, that you immediately destroy it or flush it down a toilet. I have done DMT which has shown me in mind-blowing clearness the beauty of nature and of life and also has given me an extreme warning about the use of drugs. But LSD... in minor quantities is just annoying and I found it acted like drinking 10 Monster Energy Drinks. However........... if you take enough acid........ your perspective on EVERYTHING will change. I can't describe it differently. It is really weird. The best way to describe it is that when LSD found me at last....... "Knowledge is power, but ignorance is bliss...." if I were you, I would stick with ignorance, it is much better. Marijuana and childish drugs like shrooms. If you take a 500ug hit of LSD, 5 days from today you will be a VERY VERY VERY different person from the person that you are today. Don't believe all the bullshit that it will give you a profound spiritual experience. You will suddenly realize that the way you have always thought was wrong all along............. do not take that LSD........ I cannot stress this enough...

^

How have you not been able to find LSD for 30 years?

I've never known the right people, simple as that. And when I've been offered acid with the 'buy it now or never' I didn't have a test kit with me (only happened once). Job and lifestyle simply don't lead to situations where I'm likely to encounter it.

Tom

The best way I can put this: I strongly recommend that if you ever get acid, that you immediately destroy it or flush it down a toilet. I have done DMT which has shown me in mind-blowing clearness the beauty of nature and of life and also has given me an extreme warning about the use of drugs. But LSD... in minor quantities is just annoying and I found it acted like drinking 10 Monster Energy Drinks. However........... if you take enough acid........ your perspective on EVERYTHING will change. I can't describe it differently. It is really weird. The best way to describe it is that when LSD found me at last....... "Knowledge is power, but ignorance is bliss...." if I were you, I would stick with ignorance, it is much better. Marijuana and childish drugs like shrooms. If you take a 500ug hit of LSD, 5 days from today you will be a VERY VERY VERY different person from the person that you are today. Don't believe all the bullshit that it will give you a profound spiritual experience. You will suddenly realize that the way you have always thought was wrong all along............. do not take that LSD........ I cannot stress this enough...

Hmm? Did you have a bad trip? Or are you trolling?

Are you sure you even took LSD? I've never heard of anyone claim that actual acid made them act like they'd consumed a lot of energy drinks.

I've taken very high doses of LSD at 500ug and for the most part it was a positive and life changing experience.

I have also taken it in more moderate and lower doses and those were more recreational than the high dose was.

I did not find cannabis or mushrooms to be 'childish' or anything like that at low, moderate, or high doses.

Now I don't use any drugs and I just exercise, and meditate daily.

I've never known the right people, simple as that. And when I've been offered acid with the 'buy it now or never' I didn't have a test kit with me (only happened once). Job and lifestyle simply don't lead to situations where I'm likely to encounter it.

Tom

OK when I first started taking LSD more than a decade ago, testing kits were not around. There was no need to test LSD for a research chemical since it was either LSD, or just blank blotter, gelatin windowpane, or liquid. I've never had fake LSD or any sort of research chem but I got out of the game early when that BS started.

The first time I took LSD I was in highschool and 16 and a girl in my class gave me a high dose windowpane for free!

Last edited:
Marijuana and childish drugs like shrooms.

"Childish drugs" like shrooms? LOL I've had waaaaay more intense psychedelic trips on mushrooms then I've had on LSD (although granted with LSD I've never gone much over 300ug)

This^ shrooms took me farther than any high dose LSD trip.
At any rate, dont flush your acid ;p Change your mind!

Heh, yeah, I am much more cautious about mushrooms than LSD, I've been MUCH farther out on them and felt much greater fear. I took 5 hits of LSD recently and it wasn't difficult to handle at all. Not that that would always be the case. But though your comments were well-intentioned I believe, OswaldThompson, we're all affected differently and LSD is a special substance. Sorry you had such a bad experience from it.