• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

The 2018/2019 NFL Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tonight's game might be pretty interesting. Whatever the fuck happened to the Vikings on Sunday, and with the world doubting them, it's very possible they might come in wanting to make a point.

Oh I thought it was amendola. Who's the white pats receiver who's suspended?

amendola is a dolphin. julian edelman is suspended and returns in week 5.

alasdair

Oh ok. If Gordon keeps his head straight and Edelman is healthy that's a huge upgrade.

Eagles get Alshon Jeffrey back this week. Which is important since the offense is super banged up right now. Losing Mike Wallace really hurt us.

i think saying the pats "don't have shit on offense" is a pretty ungenerous analysis. solid qb, excellent tight ends, solid wr corp (in hogan, edelman, dorsett, paterson and gordon) although obviously time will tell how well gordon will adapt. losing burkhead is a blow but the rb corp. is still ok with the very reliable james white and sony michel looking promising.

however, the defense objectively blows :)

alasdair

Yeah the Rams look legit! On the other side the Vikings defense has fallen off a cliff since the NFC championship game last year.

Vikings played well though as I suspected they would. 1-2-1 is tough though, at this point

Tonight's game might be pretty interesting. Whatever the fuck happened to the Vikings on Sunday, and with the world doubting them, it's very possible they might come in wanting to make a point.

Rams are UNDEFEATED and going to the superbowl

Whose house? RAMS’ HOUSE

Yeah the Rams look legit! On the other side the Vikings defense has fallen off a cliff since the NFC championship game last year.

Yeah CJ knows it %)

^ lol it's week 4. They played their best and won by one score at home. Everyone loved them last year and they lost in the wildcard. Just saying.

you should have picked them in the pickem thread if you're such a fan cap.

Everyone loved them last year and they lost in the wildcard. Just saying.

I didn't last month... my heart hadn't yet learned to love again quite yet <3

they grew on me

I'm a bigger fan of college football than nat'l tbh. Tickets are cheaper and stands are less crowded.

Vikings played well though as I suspected they would. 1-2-1 is tough though, at this point

Yeah the NFC North is way different than anyone predicted so far, kind of nuts. I wonder how that tie will complicate things with regards to the post season.

Holding Rams under 30 points as likely as scoring an unsolicited morphine drip at your local coffee chain.

Goff/Gurley/Woods/Cooks/Kupp are a helluva 5 L.A. freak show but without Whitworth/Saffold/Sullivan/Blythe/Havenstein protecting Goff Rams are only a top 4-7 offense.

Seriously though, Goff is probably a solid B quarterback. With McVay he's an A. Cooks and Kupp are 25 years old, Woods is 26, Gurley is 24 and Jared Goff is 23.....oh yeah and Head Coach Sean McVay is 32. He's already led
Rams to 30+ points in 13/20 regular season games, losing just one of those games(Eagles). At this pace he'll be joining Jerry West as having the league's symbol being an homage to him(or something crazier), on top of various awards, complexes and towns being named in his honor. He's a very likeable kid, I've never heard anyone talk shit. Any y'all dislike him outside of success related reasons? What would y'all trade for him?

Love that 2/4 youngest coaches 40< years old are still undefeated in this young season. Adam Gase has Miami 3-0, he's 40, just like Bear's Matt Nagy who so close to being 3-1. Kyle Shanahan is 38 with a 1-2 record. Can't put full blame on QB massacre, serious personnel improvements needed and I think John Lynch will get them in playoff contention by 2020.

All of QBs toys are locked up for at least 3 more years(Kupp still on rookie contract - he's not going anywhere, will certainly take pay cut to play with his boy Goff + McVay)

Totally cool with Talib out till at least week 11. He will return when it matters. He was filthy holding Amari Cooper/ Keenan Allen for a combined 4 rec for 53 yards. Defense will struggle until Mark Barron makes his season debut and AD99 and Suh start playing like they're capable of.

Currently Ram's net score is +73. I'm predicting they end season with more than 500 points scored(on pace for 560) and a +177 point differential. Out doing last year's 478 points scored and +149.

Only team this team is lacking is a fierce fan base. I have no objections with anyone who wants to strap up and join band wagon. I'm sick of seeing opposing team's fans fill upwards of 40% of L.A. Colosseum. It's a huge stadium - show up, buy up all the water by half time, flood the women's room and give reasons for illegals to break out brass knuckles. If NFL wants Ram's state of art venue scheduled to open up for 2020 season to be a draw they must force media to pay more attention than them than Cowboys and Steelers combined. There are 10ks of young kids that don't have a favorite team yet. Representation is a must and make them the best team in Madden(if they're not already, haven't owned a Madden since '04)

I became a Ram's fan circa October 1999 using Rams as my team in my franchise mode. I thought they had cool names. That's about all it took.

Gurley, Cooper Kupp, Rob Havenstien, Aqib Talib, John Johnson, LaMarcus Joyner, Robert Woods, Brandin Cooks , Tyler Higbee, Samson Ebukam and Jared Goff just might be enough to generate 250 kids based on names alone:D

I've been going to my long time friend's house to watch games(he's a saint for letting me watch every snap) but he's also everything I get frustrated with among men - he can't just sit, relax, and watch game for more than 2 plays without looking at his phone or doing random, not so urgent tasks around the house. I find best experience to watch Rams, if accompanied by otners, is at a sport's bar and watch with random fan. There's always at least one every time I go out.

So happy Rams will likely have a top ten strength of schedule at year's end. Remaining still: Tier 1(likely playoff teams):
Eagles, Packers, @Saints, Chiefs(MNF in Mexico), Chargers(won), and Vikings(won)
Tier 2 - all games played opponent's house
@Sea,@Den, @Chi and @Det (These teams will beat good teams this year and Rams travel to all of them...although I think Rams under McVay are 8-1 on the road, only whoopsie was @MIN last year)

Only two other games are weeks 16/17 @AZ and SF(starters will likely be benched for 2nd consecutive year in L.A. versus hopeful resparked hard core rivalry. They'll likely have 1 seed locked up but if they're 15-0 fucking play to win the game and set out to do what '72 Dolphins did and what '08 Pats failed at.

Serious perdiction: 14-2, losing a game to a tier 1(hopefully K.C.(AFC/revenge in Super Bowl) and tier 2(hopefully @CHI and puts them in NFC North driver's seat - they were my worst to first prediction based off nothing but instinct back before the draft)

K.C. still had a lot to prove. They always start off hot(remember the talk about Kareem Hunt this time last year? Kid can play but truth was revealed; turns out he is human) and not uncommon for mobile QBs to be bought back to ? after 4-6 game tapes. Their defense needs to get shit together and pray OL stays healthy. I got Chargers winning the West. Rivers is too awesome not to lead his squad to one more division title. If only DWE was alive to see it.

Can't forget to post my pre mature playoff/final standings predictions!

AFC WEST
Chargers 11-5
Chiefs 11-5
Broncos 8-8
Raiders 5-11

AFC NORTH
Steelers 9-6-1
Ravens 7-9
Bengals 7-9(Marvin Jones finally moved on!8o)
Browns 5-10-1

AFC SOUTH
Jaguars 10-6
Titans 8-8
Colts 7-9
Texans 4-12

AFC EAST
Dolphins 10-6
Patriots 9-7
Jets 7-9
Bills 3-13

AFC Playoff Seeding
1. Chargers 2. Jags

3. Dolphins vs 6. Patriots
4. Steelers vs 5. Chiefs

NFC WEST
Rams 14-2
Seahawks 8-8
Niners 6-10
Cardinals 3-13

NFC EAST
Redskins 11-5
Eagles 9-7
Cowboys 6-10
Giants 6-10

NFC NORTH
Packers 11-4-1
Vikings 10-5-1
Bears 8-8
Lions 5-11

NFC SOUTH
Saints 10-6
Panthers 10-6
Bucs 9-7
Falcons 7-9

NFC Playoffs
1. Rams
2. Packers

3. Redskins vs 6. Panthers
4. Saints vs 5. Vikings

Last edited:
We have a thread for that too holmes ... Who you like UCLA?

I didn't see it in the top threads so I thought it probably didn't exist. :|

Not a fan of local college teams but ones from other states... I try to not say anything because I know cj is a fan of a certain rival team =D (perhaps this was too much of a hint)

will PM you because I know you will dig this...

I didn't see it in the top threads so I thought it probably didn't exist. :|

Not a fan of local college teams but ones from other states... I try to not say anything because I know cj is a fan of a certain rival team =D (perhaps this was too much of a hint)

will PM you because I know you will dig this...

you're an Auburn fan?

I have no idea about NFL, but I could be tempted to take an interest with appropriate visual stimulation.

Is there a 'post a hot sportsman/woman' thread in here? =D

Status
Not open for further replies.