• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

The 2018/2019 NFL Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ I was just coming to post about that... first half week three upset city.

GB defense is looking non existent and playing like that against a D like Washingtons is suicide.

1-1-1 for the Pack... I was worried about Washington coming into this one. Pack needs to figure out how to come out strong and play four quarters.

Rams win, score over 30 like always

Goff looked great today, specially hooking up with Robert Woods, these guys will be punishing defenses alll year!

Marcus Peters/Aqib Tablib are lookin' doubtful for Vikings game :sus:

Ali, what chance would you say the Lions have of beating your Patriots tonight? :p
i don't think they have much of a chance but it is a road game so you have that going for you. pats are -6.5. i think they cover.

alasdair

Last edited:
Wow the pats look bad. Like not make the playoffs bad. Crazy!

yep - they look bad :(

alasdair

brady had that "wtf am I supposed to do with these idiots?" look on his face the whole game.

i still think they will get it together and make the playoffs though. Not that hard to make the playoffs in the AFC.

Any time the Patriots lose in an upset everyone starts saying they must just be awful that year. Seen it early in years they went deep in the playoffs, even. Maybe Patricia just came up with a great gameplan to counter them? *Shrugs*

i think detroit looked much better last night than they have so far. pats just stunk. they'll get it together but it needs work. at home against miami next week starts to look like a big deal...

alasdair

i think detroit looked much better last night than they have so far. pats just stunk. they'll get it together but it needs work. at home against miami next week starts to look like a big deal...

alasdair

It's nice that we have a meaningful Pats-Dolphins game for once. This will be a true test of just how good the Dolphins really are.

^ yep. definitely. if the dolphins win, they'll be 4-0 and pats 1-3. i'll start to get a little nervous at that point :)

alasdair

The patriots are really good at learning and adapting to their opponents.

Belichick is a great coach, and Brady is a great leader.

The patriots are really good at learning and adapting to their opponents.

Belichick is a great coach, and Brady is a great leader.

True. The lack of talent is catching up to them though. Besides Amendola what they don't have shit on offense. I mean there counting on a guy the Browns thought was too disruptive in order to boost a depleted receiving core.

They may win this week but I just don't see them as a SB contender.

True. The lack of talent is catching up to them though. Besides Amendola what they don't have shit on offense. I mean there counting on a guy the Browns thought was too disruptive in order to boost a depleted receiving core.

They may win this week but I just don't see them as a SB contender.

Amendola is with the Dolphins now.

Honestly, it's hard to be optimistic. If we win this game against the Pats, then this Dolphins team is legitimate. The secondary has been far better than expected, the defensive line is strong on the edge, and the linebacker play hasn't been too bad thus far. On offense, we are legitimately fun to watch for the first time in my history as a Dolphins fan. My first season was Dan Marino's last, so I missed all of the good stuff.

Albert Wilson/Jakeem Grant high five to the endzone was epic. There's fast, and then there is fast enough that we can stunt on other professional teams. Goooodddamn.

Tbh the Patriots have been looking slow on offense and defense. They lost key locker room guys in Amendola and Malcom Butler. All the offseason rumors of discord in the locker room and animosity between key members if the organization may be a factor, as well. I won't believe it until I see it, but it is due time the Patriots had a bad season or two. Brady has never looked more miserable, lol.

I think the Dolphins match up really well against the Pats as well, as all of our team speed will exploit their greatest weakness in their lack of speed. Even so, my heart isn't ready to believe until I see it happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.