• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

The 2018/2019 NFL Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rams are going to wreck the Eagles.

Loved the game against the Sea Hawks. Will never forget that game.
Yes I can't wait for Rams to beat Philly by 20+.

This is only place I can talk Rams these days. Last week on a Ram's forum I was perma banned for admitting my frustration over my favorite team playing in a city of degenerates. Hollywood is a Marxist cesspool. The mods are as radically Marxist as the cities elected officials. Anyone who thinks California is being run efficiently is on crack. Their treatment of homelessness is enough proof. San Francisco is a great example of the chaos. The most expensive city to live in despite the about of human feces plaguing the streets.

alright GO PACK GO.. late game to gel.. here we go!!
Rodgers says they're going to win 5 straight and I believe him. If that's what happens and they head into post season with a 5 game winning streak could definitely be recipe to win a conference. I DO NOT WANT TO SEE GREEN BAY IN PLAYOFFS!!

Seahawks are getting one of the wildcard spots. They're 6-5 now, with two games against the 49ers and one game against the Cardinals. The other two are home games against KC and the Vikings. So that's an automatic 3 wins, but they could definitely win all 5. I'll go ahead and say they'll go 4-1 and end the season 10-6
100% agreed
65% chance they end 10-6
50% chance they end 9-7
75% chance 9-7 is enough for 6th spot in NFC.

Unlike GB, I have no fear with Rams having to play hawks in playoffs. Beating them 3 times in a season won't be a problem. 3rd time is the charm - to win by 25+ ?

I'll say this CR, I really fucking hope you guys beat the Saints in the NFC championship if it comes to that. I think you can if you get home field. I like Brees well enough, he's a great qb or whatever, but I can't stand the team as a whole so good luck with that.

So I fell asleep...how many touchdowns did the Saints win by??

Last edited:
Saints lost.

Pats.. IDK man. Quite the run, getting 1st in their division 16/18 times in the past 18 years. I hope Belichick never retires. We're due for some first round picks for once by post season losses, and I am very confident in Belichick's ability to develop those players. Brady, retire, it's okay. Let us sooner develop the next QB for another great dynasty.

I just hate to see Brady and the team fall off.
If you're going to fall off, fall off big time.

Just don't see the team winning the super bowl, and that's what it comes down to for NE.
Super bowl or bust - dynasty standards.

Seems like if you guys wanted your qb of the future you would have kept Jimmy.

and yeah I know the ain'ts lost. I was being a dick. I don't care if it makes our playoff chances even worse, I just loved seeing them lose and look so depressed on the sidelines

Who would you guys vote for mvp?

Player 1:
48TD
16INT
4950yds
545 attempts
9.3 yards per pass
68% completion
3rd in first down conversions
13-3 team record
10th strength of schedule(projected)
7 quality wins(if worst qualified quality win would be 4-6-1)
3 great wins(teams currently qualified for playoffs)
3 elite wins(wins vs teams projected with 10+ wins)

Player 2:
38TD
9INT
5010yds
520 attempts
Leads league in 3rd down conversions
9.5 yards per pass
14-2 team record
11th strength of schedule(projected)
8 quality wins
6 great wins
5 elite wins

^^^^^
Player 2 won head to head match vs Player 1

If you can't identify who player 1&2 are just GTFO

I hate talking fantasy but I do play in ONE league(non-PPR) and curious what y'all think.

You're allowed 2 keepers. One of mine is definitely Goff, I have him as a last round keeper. I drafted him in last round as a joke last year. ?

My other two options are Phillip Lindsey(10th round...waiver wire adds are assigned 10th round or Cooper Kupp (8th round)....or a stretch would be DeAndre Hopkins but than I would lose my first round draft pick. If I get last pick I may consider it.

If Lindsey continues his beastly 2nd half surge I think it's a no brainer considering its almost impossible to draft a consistent RB as most team's keep RBs. LeSean McCoy was the best I was able to do this year(taken in round 2)

If I didn't have Goff than Kupp wouldn't even be considered. Kupp has potential to be a top 5 fantasy WR. He is Goff's favorite target. I'll probably just end up drafting Woods and Kupp(maybe Cooks) in 2nd and 3rd round next year.

You only need to start one RB. The rest are flex, wr/rb x3 and wr\te

This year Lindsey has been only RB in my starting line up along with Hopkins, Woods, Keenan Allen, Kupp and Ebron. With Kupp out my options are McCoy, DeVante Parker, Elijah McGuire or David Moore. Bench is pathetic that's what I get for drafting Alfred Morris in 3rd round? I thought he was going to be Niner's horse....I'm not exactly a studious nerd with this shit I just play cause we're in year 11 and I grew up with 8 of the guys and coached another back when I was a HS baseball coach. There's 2\12 teams in league that I don't have a relationship with. Both are rookies and work in kitchen my boy manages(premier restaurant in Scranton PA baby!)

Despite just one RB I'm 2nd in total points scored ; only yielding a 5-7 record. I'm also 2nd in points against. I'm probably going to finish 7-7 and miss playoffs by a game I shouldn't have lost - I lost the Rams/KC week because I started Falcons inactive kicker; falcon's kicker scored like 15 that week and we only get 3 pts per Fg regardless of yards...that's the closest me and my friend can convince league to just drop kicker from the roster.. and lost by 1 point and high of week by 6 pts. GOD DANG!!!

Why don't we want kicker as a roster spot?
Because a kicker shouldn't be able to score same points as a WR\RB that puts up 140yds and a TD!!! EVER!!!!

I've been seeing this floating around the social medias

BazG0MX.jpg

You know, us losing 4 in a row, Olsen's foot, all the bullshit play calling...it's really the best thing that could have happened. Mr Tepper the owner was pissed before this game , I can only imagine how he feels now.

heads are going to ROLL big time.

You know, us losing 4 in a row, Olsen's foot, all the bullshit play calling...it's really the best thing that could have happened. Mr Tepper the owner was pissed before this game , I can only imagine how he feels now.

heads are going to ROLL big time.

Cam didn't play too well either. You don't win many when you throw that many picks. You guys had like 4 chances to tie the game in the 4th.

Your still technically in the wild card race. Me and you are both rooting for the Pats right now.

Yeah I'm guessing his shoulder is probably fucked up again. Dudes target his shoulder because it's been a constant issue for him for a long time. TB is a trash organization, so they are definitely not below that. Our o line is not good, turning Cam into a pocket passer wont work without giving him some legit protection.

Cams season speaks for itself. Our season was already over last week. I'm not holding this one against him. Coaching staff in disarray, owner making comments... there's no room for error in the nfc south. We don't get to play the 49ers and the cardinals over and over...cough...Seattle...cough

McCarthy just got sacked from the pack. We are having the worst season in a long time. Be interesting to see where we go from here. Given that Green Bay is such a small place our local paper has survived the obliteration of printed news on Packer news. Unfortunately this news entity delves into deep drama and its sports writers are kinda asshats imho.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...e-cards-loss-joe-philbin-named-interim-coach/

mal, newton threw 4 interceptions and had a passer rating of ~66. with respect, you seem determined to not place any responsibility for the loss on his shoulders. what does it take?

alasdair

Unfortunately this news entity delves into deep drama and its sports writers are kinda asshats imho
The worst is when they smear the young and talented after their untimely deaths. The details, specially if ugly are none of public's business. Assholes just want clicks to their article. Gross exploitation. Most time we just have to take their word for it....

When Jose Fernandez(filthy young pitcher for Marlins from like '12-'15 until his untimely death in '15(?) He was just 24. a Cy Young was likely in his future....

He was driving a boat coked and boozed up. That should be kept private. Simply report he died in boat wreck - end of story no need to embarrass his loved ones dealing with enough.

He was really fucking good and bad confident swag. If he struck out batter in tie game to end inning with runners in scoring position, he didn't care if he hurt feelings, he would go batshit, pound chest, and sometimes talk a little shit

RIP Jose Fernandez

RIP yorlando Ventura(Royal's SP known for throwing gas and not being afraid to throw at people haha...what's sad is when Oscar Tavarez was killed during KC\STL WS and Ventura was legi crushed and played with a OT written in chalk on his hat...was killed months before Fernandez by bystanders of that discovered him off road and trapped in car. Stay out of Dominican Repub if you are wealthy and everyone knows it...

RIP Oscar Tavarez( killed in dui few week after hitting walk off bomb(think pin
ch hit late in game in NLCS which would end up being game winning hit)

I had legit cry after all 3 of their deaths. I have a non-sexual homosexual crush on baseball players. They're 85-90% GREAT dudes. Playing insane amount of team sports over 20+ years develops excellent social skills and general kindness. All they care about is their performance and making teammates laugh. Every day.

RIP Derek Thomas

RIP Sean Taylor

RIP Junior Seau

RIP Payne Stewart

RIP Roy Halladay

RIP Dariel Kiel

RIP Thurmun Munson(God knows how tucked up he was when he died in boat or car crash. Media had much more respect for privacy back then unless you're name is Billy Martin or OJ Simpson(whiter bronco era)

And RIP Roberto fucking Clemente!

Christ ali... look at the four interceptions. They weren't all his fault. "You seem determined blah blah" Pretty sure I said he should've made that throw last week. The two interceptions yesterday that was cams fault, those are on him. Even if you don't get protection, throw it away or take the sack.

Other than that, nah, I can't place much blame on him. As I said his numbers over the season speak for themselves. The TB game gets thrown out, because our season was over after Seattle. Guys weren't even trying. Coaches in disarray. Owner stepping in. It's OVER. Cam can't be held responsible for his performance under these circumstances, especially when his shoulder is fucked up again.

Cam has had an UNBELIEVABLE season.

i'm just confused by your statements. so two interceptions were his fault. then you can't place much blame on him. but before you couldn't place any blame on him. it's no biggie but it's interesting to me as it can be hard to discuss football (like any sport, i don't know) somewhat objectively...

if his shoulder is 'fucked up' why is he playing?

unbelievable season? that just doesn't jive with reality. look at some numbers for the season so far:

qb rating: 10th
completion percentage: 5th
yards total: 15th
yards per game: 20th
tds: 9th
ints: 5th
tds/ints: 15th

not bad but hardly unbelievable?

alasdair

Status
Not open for further replies.