• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

The 2015/2016 NFL Thread v. yfw da jest win da superb owl

antonio brown is ruled out. guess pacman needs to apologize now.

axl if BB is out you guys gonna go with vick?

apparently a bug has been going around the broncos locker room too. that fucking sucks.id prefer it if both teams were 100% but its the postseason.

seemed like our d was getting back on track to being all the way healthy but alas.

PLAYERPOS.INJURYWEDNESDAYTHURSDAYFRIDAYGAME STATUS
Von MillerOLBIllnessDNP
Robert Myers Jr.GIllnessDNP
Brock OsweilerQBKneeDNP
Chris Harris Jr.CBShoulderLIMITED
Malik JacksonDEIllnessLIMITED
Darian StewartSHamstringLIMITED
DeMarcus WareOLBKneeLIMITED
Owen DanielsTEKneesFULL
Todd DavisOLBShoulderFULL
Max GarciaGGroinFULL
Peyton ManningQBFootFULL
Brandon MarshallILBAnkleFULL
T.J. WardSAnkleFULL
PLAYERPOS.INJURYWEDNESDAYTHURSDAYFRIDAYGAME STATUS
Antonio BrownWRConcussionDNP
James HarrisonLBNIRDNP
Cameron HeywardDEBackDNP
Ben RoethlisbergerQBRight ShoulderDNP
Ryan ShazierLBKneeDNP
DeAngelo WilliamsRBFootDNP
Robert GoldenSShoulderLIMITED
Will JohnsonRBHamstringLIMITED
Vince WilliamsLBHamstringLIMITED

cody wallace better watch his back.

Prob broken hearted from missing the playoffs.

This. 16 freaking years? Seems downright impossible. Netflix just added the ESPN special "30 for 30: Four Falls of Buffalo" if anyone wants to share in my tears, check it out.

Despite what some BL fans of our AFC East divisional rivals might hope, I am indeed alive and well. Just been suuupppeerrrr busy in gay irl. Once things die down I'll be back posting how and why the Bills will be the surefire 2016-17 Superbowl champs.

Good luck to everyone's team that is still in the race. I hate you all with a passion.

P.S. I haven't forgotten about my sack avatar bet. I just figured it'd be better to wait until I'm actually posting again, because what's the point of wearing a Rams avi if I don't post for the whole week I'm wearing it.

P.P.S. Did you guys see Rex talked the Pegulas into hiring his brother to be an assistant coach? LMAO. I'll remain optimistic but I just can't see how that's going to help the Bills AT ALL. The Ed Reed hire was excellent though. The Bills have some excellent young players in their secondary and having someone like that coaching them is going to be very beneficial.

P.S. I haven't forgotten about my sack avatar bet. I just figured it'd be better to wait until I'm actually posting again, because what's the point of wearing a Rams avi if I don't post for the whole week I'm wearing it.

Since the bet was made while the team was in STL, you are legally obligated to specifically use a St. Louis Rams avatar. :)

With the team gone to LA, I'm done with Rams fandom, and I'm not nearly as upset about this as I thought I'd be. They're a poorly run organization and have been quite difficult to love for a long time now. Kroenke sucks at running sports franchises, and I'm looking forward to rooting against him. I don't see myself adopting another team right away because there aren't any clear-cut favorites for me. Some options:

Kansas City Chiefs - the most obvious choice on paper, but I could never be a full-on Chiefs fan because of the city's inferiority complex about St. Louis. I've tried to tell many of them that it can't be a rivalry if only one city cares about it, and that nobody in St. Louis cares too much about them in that way. We're too busy hating Chicago. But Kansas City won't let it go, so I have no reason to give their teams too much love. I wish them the best, and will root for the Royals and Chiefs in the playoffs, but will never be a full-time fan.

Green Bay Packers - small market, owned by the people, blah blah blah, but this just seems like a cliched choice.

Indianapolis Colts - no.

Cleveland Browns - I'm not masochistic enough to go down that road.

Buffalo Bills - Much to my surprise, I'm considering this one quite a bit. Old-school market, I like their owner, and I already hate the Patriots.

^ interesting to see someone weigh the options of their next supported team. actually really interesting to me. sorry about losing your team (no one deserves that - not even Cleveland fans). what are your thoughts on becoming a part of the Steelers fan crew here in S&G?

Mike Vick is on Injured Reserve (IR - meaning he is out for the year)

Steelers above-average RB is out, All-World WR is out, and our Hall of Fame QB is probably 30 % healthy... yeah, not liking our chances

man jammin - you gotta be pretty pumped to play a team in the playoffs as broken as the Steelers? it's like you got a free pass to the AFC CG... pretty sweet deal

Last edited:
Since the bet was made while the team was in STL, you are legally obligated to specifically use a St. Louis Rams avatar. :)

With the team gone to LA, I'm done with Rams fandom, and I'm not nearly as upset about this as I thought I'd be. They're a poorly run organization and have been quite difficult to love for a long time now. Kroenke sucks at running sports franchises, and I'm looking forward to rooting against him. I don't see myself adopting another team right away because there aren't any clear-cut favorites for me. Some options:

Kansas City Chiefs - the most obvious choice on paper, but I could never be a full-on Chiefs fan because of the city's inferiority complex about St. Louis. I've tried to tell many of them that it can't be a rivalry if only one city cares about it, and that nobody in St. Louis cares too much about them in that way. We're too busy hating Chicago. But Kansas City won't let it go, so I have no reason to give their teams too much love. I wish them the best, and will root for the Royals and Chiefs in the playoffs, but will never be a full-time fan.

Green Bay Packers - small market, owned by the people, blah blah blah, but this just seems like a cliched choice.

Indianapolis Colts - no.

Cleveland Browns - I'm not masochistic enough to go down that road.

Buffalo Bills - Much to my surprise, I'm considering this one quite a bit. Old-school market, I like their owner, and I already hate the Patriots.

The Bills are ridiculously easy to root for. They've been the league's biggest underdog story(warranted or not) since the 4 straight Superbowl losses and the 16 straight years without playoffs only feeds into that. They're a team that even a lot of fans of other teams want to see have success.

They're also one of most storied and original franchises in the league. They were a charter member of the AFL. They actually won back-t0-back AFL championships in the 60s before the AFL merged with the NFL, so technically the Bills DO have two championship rings. A lot of people forget that. The owner of the Bills for 50+ years, Ralph Wilson, was a pioneer of today's NFL and a champion for smaller market teams. He refused offers for years from people looking to buy the Bills and move them to a larger & more profitable market, saying in interviews "I couldn’t bear to do that to the people of Buffalo,’’ he said. “They’re such good people, and they love that team. They need that team.” He also:

-Subsidized the Oakland Raiders in 1962 with his own money so they wouldn't fold. Without him there would be no Raiders franchise today.

-Was only one of two owners that voted against the Browns' relocation to Baltimore in 1996. He voted against every team relocation in the league's history. When the Browns' owner basically moved the team overnight to avoid legalities and backlash, Wilson declared the Bills home game against the Browns' divisional rivals, the Bengals, "Cleveland Browns Fan's Day" at Rich Stadium. He payed to bus in hundreds of Browns fans for the game and gave them free tickets in a large section of the stadium he designated "The Dog Pound" for that game, saying Browns fans would always have a home in Buffalo. He DEFINITELY would have opposed the Rams move.

-He wrote his will such that whoever bought the team would have to keep them in Buffalo or face something like $400 million in relocation penalties.

-He instructed in his will that $1.3 Billion of the $1.4 Billion the Pegulas bought the team for be given away to charities in Buffalo and Detroit(his hometown).

So come over to the darkside. We've been heartbroken for over 20 years and things are finally starting to turn around. We have a new owner who's just a regular dude that wasn't born into his money. He bought the team mostly because he already owned the Buffalo Sabres, he had the money to do it, and he didn't want to see the people of Buffalo suffer the loss of their team. Just watch him speak in a video of when they made the official announcement about the purchase and you'd think it was your uncle Fred up there speaking. He's about as far away from a slick/sleazy businessman as you can get. Very likable and sincere.

And like people in WNY have been saying since he bought the team: If you're thinking about becoming a Bills fan it might already be too late. AKA don't be one of those people that becomes a Bills fan just because they start kicking ass in the NFL.

^ interesting to see someone weigh the options of their next supported team. actually really interesting to me. sorry about losing your team (no one deserves that - not even Cleveland fans). what are your thoughts on becoming a part of the Steelers fan crew here in S&G?

I like the city of Pittsburgh quite a bit, but it just doesn't feel like a fit for me. Possibly because I'm already a baseball rival with them.

Last edited:
I don't get why St. Louis fans feel entitled to the Rams. They were in LA way longer than St. Louis

Let's be honest it doesn't make sense to not have a franchise in LA. I guarantee there isn't one player on the Rams that is angry about moving to LA. Their stadium sucks, and the economy isn't that great either. LA deserves an NFL team much more than Stl

Mike Vick is on Injured Reserve (IR - meaning he is out for the year)

Steelers above-average RB is out, All-World WR is out, and our Hall of Fame QB is probably 30 % healthy... yeah, not liking our chances

man jammin - you gotta be pretty pumped to play a team in the playoffs as broken as the Steelers? it's like you got a free pass to the AFC CG... pretty sweet deal

I find your lack of faith disturbing. Don't make me throat choke you

I don't get why St. Louis fans feel entitled to the Rams. They were in LA way longer than St. Louis

Let's be honest it doesn't make sense to not have a franchise in LA. I guarantee there isn't one player on the Rams that is angry about moving to LA. Their stadium sucks, and the economy isn't that great either

Still, the Rams have been there for 22 years. For people that aren't senior citizens that could your whole football-watching career. Losing a team you root for sucks no matter what. I bleed blue, red & white and even I don't think I could root for the Bills if they moved.

Because Georgia's children were committed to finding a St. Louis buyer for the team, and found one in Shad Khan. Unfortunately, Kroenke matched the offer at the last minute and immediately began planning the move. Regardless of one's feelings about LA, no owner should be allowed to move a franchise twice.

Because STL supported the Rams far better than LA did when they had the team. The really bad Rams of the last decade drew better attendance than the good LA Rams teams of the 80's. Eric Dickerson is still mad about that.

Because Kroenke welshed on the team's previous agreements to partially fund the Dome upgrades on a 52/48 split.

Because we were the only city to have an actionable stadium deal on the table, which should mean something.

Last edited:
This. 16 freaking years? Seems downright impossible. Netflix just added the ESPN special "30 for 30: Four Falls of Buffalo" if anyone wants to share in my tears, check it out.
i am watching this right now. the scene where the bills come home after the superbowl against the giants and scott norwood is welcomed by the crowd is really emotional. really cool.

alasdair

I have a hard time believing the Chiefs will be able to score today. Their defense is great, but I think their team is a little overrated, and a lot of people are picking KC.

They scored 23 on Houston if you take away the opening kickoff return... A Belichick defense is not going to be that bad.

Patriots 20-17

So come over to the darkside. We've been heartbroken for over 20 years and things are finally starting to turn around. We have a new owner who's just a regular dude that wasn't born into his money. He bought the team mostly because he already owned the Buffalo Sabres, he had the money to do it, and he didn't want to see the people of Buffalo suffer the loss of their team. Just watch him speak in a video of when they made the official announcement about the purchase and you'd think it was your uncle Fred up there speaking. He's about as far away from a slick/sleazy businessman as you can get. Very likable and sincere.

I wouldn't be too sure about that. I'm pretty sure he's only buying the favor of WNY until he starts fracking every inch of earth possible. With that said, GO BILLS!

I have a hard time believing the Chiefs will be able to score today. Their defense is great, but I think their team is a little overrated, and a lot of people are picking KC.

They scored 23 on Houston if you take away the opening kickoff return... A Belichick defense is not going to be that bad.

Patriots 20-17

losing maclin (or maybe he'll play injured) is gonna hurt the chiefs a lot. alex smith threw 0 tds to WRs last year then gets maclin who got 8 this year. now all they have to pass to is Travis Kelce. their RBs, west and ware are really good but i think their defense is gonna have to play awesome if they wanna win. definitely possible, but patriots should be the favorites no doubt.

losing maclin (or maybe he'll play injured) is gonna hurt the chiefs a lot. alex smith threw 0 tds to WRs last year then gets maclin who got 8 this year.

Good info. I did t know he had 0 TD to WR last year.. That's almost hard to believe lol

Chiefs are going to be in trouble if the Pats eliminate Kelce.. which Belichick is know for.. shutting down your #1 offensive weapon and forcing you to beat them with someone else

He reminds me a lot of Popvich. Take away Lebron and the cavs can't win

fucking shit man, my directv is out. fucking satellites mang!

don't care who wins the NE game really. hate the chiefs and pats too but a final manning brady showdown would be pretty epic for a conference championship. better if denver wins and wins the SB of course. divisional games always make me nervous if the chiefs win.

axl, lol. free pass is a bit of a stretch. BB is playing games hell be ready to play. big hit that brown is out but its still going to be a close game. id like it better to beat you guys when your healthy :) .

osweiler is denvers biggest concern right now. harris, stewart, ward and ware are big as well. miller ate bad cheese stix. denvers been plagued by injuries all year but elway has a squad with some depth this year. think the boys are siked up this year and ready to get it in. pumped for the game. manning better play better than he ever has. one last chance.

seeing steven jackson in there for the patriots is such a massive weakness. last year he was terrible on the falcons and look how freeman played this year. jackson is just way too slow these days, pats arent even trying to run the ball. idk why they went away from bolden.

Maclin looks to be at about 50 percent of normal speed. KC has a ballin Defense but the patriots will score eventually. My 2nd quarter prediction is a final of 28-17 Pats winning.