• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

the 2014/2015 nfl thread v. R U RDY 4 SUM FOOTBAW?

I feel the same way about baseball, hockey is great on a big screen in HD, you should try and watch during the playoffs and see if it holds your attention. I find they play to the death during the race for lord stanley and it makes it about twice as watchable

LeSean McCoy to the Bills for Kiko Alonso

not sure how to feel about this atm

my heart says: Shady was the best offensive player we had and one of the best in the league period. For a team with question marks at QB, trading away a top notch RB soinds ridiculous

but my head says...

LeSean seemed to have slightly lost a step last year. Kiko is coming off a year of rest and led the league in tackles before he got hurt. Running backs are easier to replace then linebackers, and its not like LsSean never got hurt either. A Kiko / Mychael Kendricks combination will be awesome to watch, and the defensive line looked pretty good last year. If they can get a cornerback in free agency or the draft, our defence will be really good

im just curious who they are going to replace Shady with. Chris Polk is alright, but I dont want to see him be the starter. The first thing that comes to my mind: Beast Mode. The eagles are going to take a run at Marshawn Lynch. fuck yeah if that happens

second thing that comes to my mind: Ray Rice.

third thing: possibly trade with the Vikings for AP? kind of a long shot there

but I would be fuckin pumped if they sign Beast Mode to run behind this offensive line

Running backs are easier to replace than linebackers, thats just how I look at it.

you could argue Darren Sproles had more of an impact than LeSean McCoy did last year. Sproles is still on the team iirc

Chris johnson got cut by the jets iirc

there's a lot of ways to replace Shady and I think Kiko is going to be a stud for the Eagles

damn I cant wait for the draft

So the Bills picked up Matt Cassel

Can anyone say SUPERBOWL??

lol

Cassel is slightly better than the garbage FA QBs that are available this year. Was a smart move for the Bills. They'll probably sign or draft one more guy and have a 3-way competition for the starting spot.

It doesn't really matter who the QB is. Rex is building this team like his AFC Championship game teams. The stifling defense was already in place before he got here, now he traded for one of the top 3 RBs in the league and will most likely shore up the Oline even more. Whoever is our starter is only going to be asked to throw the ball 20-25 times a game. And for anyone that doesn't think that can work, here are Russell Wilson's 2013 averages when he won the Superbowl

25 attempts a game - 209 yards a game - 1.6 TDs a game

Compare that with Kyle Orton's average of 37 attempts per game for the Bills last season.

i think you guys should get behind your guy, ej manuel.

alasdair

the Bills should be pretty competitive. with that defense, a solid run game, all they needed is a half-ass QB. they could be competing for a Wild Card this year

at the very least the Bills being good will make the AFC East a little less of a joke

damn the Seahawks resigned Marshawn Lynch

I would like to see Chris Johnson get signed by the Eagles, really badly actually.

or if they took that guy Abdullah from Nebraska in the draft, idk he just seems like he is gonna be a solid rb

Chris Johnson. yikes. dude's had a great o-line pretty much his whole career and has visibly been slowing down for years now and will turn 30 in september. I'd want CJ Spiller if I was an eagles fan or a RB in the draft.

antone smith, falcons 4th string RB last year, is ranked ahead of chris johnson by walterfootball.com aka best draft/free agency site imo.

lol here's what they've got to say about johnson:

"Chris Johnson has been one of the league's most overrated players for some time, though most of the public hasn't realized it because of ESPN dumbing down its audience. Johnson has lost his burst and seldom puts forth any effort. He is also a terrible person to have in the locker room, as the Jets just learned. He does more harm than good at this point in his career."

Last edited:
i think you guys should get behind your guy, ej manuel.

alasdair

I am, even though most Bills fans aren't. I think he's going to look a lot better this year and I actually expect him to win the starting job over Cassel and whoever else they sign. I think Marrone and Nate Hackett had a lot to do with the Oline, run game, and EJ's problems last season.

the Bills should be pretty competitive. with that defense, a solid run game, all they needed is a half-ass QB. they could be competing for a Wild Card this year

at the very least the Bills being good will make the AFC East a little less of a joke

Shit I don't expect the AFCE to be anything near a joke this season. I think the Bills have a very talented roster pretty much everywhere except QB. The Dolphins Dline is going to be super nasty now that they signed(or will be on Tuesday) DonkeyKong Suh. And the Jets have a new GM who has said they're going to spend like crazy AND they have something insane like $50 million of cap space this year which in my opinion is one of the most talented free agency pools in like 10 years. If they're willing to spend it all they can literally buy themselves a good team this year.

The Patriots picked a very bad year to not have any cap space. Just look at this list of FAs. There's some reallyyy good players at a lot of positions available this year: http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/51589/309/2015-nfl-free-agents

Man the Eagles are looking to steal all the FA headlines it looks like. Seeing reports that Frank Gore is heading to Philly and they're also one of the main bidders for Devin McCourty now.

Yeah it's kinda funny they kick Incognito off the team for being a bully and then they go sign the dirtiest player in the league.

Brady is in for some rough years between now and when he retires. He now has to face 3 of the best defensive lines for 6 games every season.

Man the Eagles are looking to steal all the FA headlines it looks like. Seeing reports that Frank Gore is heading to Philly and they're also one of the main bidders for Devin McCourty now.

sounds like Maclin is close to signing with the chiefs, so thats more money for them to spend. though idk who they think is gonna play WR for them this year.

sounds like Maclin is close to signing with the chiefs, so thats more money for them to spend. though idk who they think is gonna play WR for them this year.

I'm sick over losing Maclin. Mark my words Chip Kelly will be run outta Philly in 2 years or less.

Whatever Chip Kelly is doing had better work. Because if it doesn't he's gonna be out of a job fast. He's gutting that whole team.

Alright it's official Chip Kelly is insane.

Also, it looks like every team in the AFCE is loading up on talent while the Patriots struggle to keep their own. =D