• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

the 2014/2015 nfl thread v. R U RDY 4 SUM FOOTBAW?

i know there are people - and you're likely one of them - who won't believe it, even if it's proven that's what actually happened.

why haven't the nfl interviewed tom brady?

alasdair

The idea that some low-level equipment employee would ever take it upon himself to deflate the balls without anyone telling him to is ludicrous. That's like some sound check guy changing the entire sound system for a Metallica concert without anyone's permission. It's ridiculous and if the NFL tried to peddle that as the explanation the entire country would laugh in their face.

It's no longer a question of whether the Patriots cheated. It's a question of to what extent. Nothing the league or the Patriots could ever say or do will change that. America's mind is already made up. And I love it because I've accused them of being cheaters for years. I'm finally going to be vindicated.

Last edited:
i.e. literally nobody in the country would ever believe that bullshit except a Patriots fan. National sports media has been saying since we heard the news that it'll be bullshit if they try to use that excuse. There's literally nothing the league or the Patriots can say to get the Pats out of this mess. Nothing. Nobody in America will believe any of it.

In short, the Patriots are fucked. Believe it or ignore it. Doesn't matter. The verdict has already been rendered

anybody on the SB or do we continue to weather this Bills/NE infinite spat. Anybody still care about the upcoming game?

how do you fail for alcohol the shit is out of your system in under a day. what a sped

I didnt even watch the pro bowl, or the NHL all star game

only the MLB All star game is worth watching. and the nba dunk contest.
They have a test for alcohol that can detect use 3-7 days later. It's called ETG test. They used it when I was on drug court.

The pro bowl was actually pretty entertaining. That DB for the dolphins Grimes really announced himself as one of the top corners in the league. And the winning drive by Matt Ryan was really cool especially when he basically told Romo to STFU in the huddle during the timeout.

And I gotta agree with GM there is no way that equipment manager takes it upon himself to deflate the balls without someone higher up instructing him too. Either Brady or the QB coach. But I still don't think it effected the outcome of the game.

Last edited:
anybody on the SB or do we continue to weather this Bills/NE infinite spat. Anybody still care about the upcoming game?

It's not Bills/NE it's everyone/NE. But you're right, no sense talking about it over and over again until we hear something official from the league. Even I'm getting tired of talking about it.

What's everyone doing for the bowl? I'm going over my father's house to hang out with my girl, him & his fiance, and my sisters. I hate NE and I dislike SEA so I don't feel like going to any big parties to watch them play this year.

lol... I really think the top notch ground and air defense of seattle is going to mix with the average pass defense of the patriots to form a bitter cocktail for the Patriots.

Idk why but I'm predicting the Patriots will win by at least 17 points

I think we're going to see Brady play one of the best games of his career. For the first time in over a decade peope are actually questioning his greatness. One thing I know for sure is you should never doubt Tom Brady and give him extra motivation

It will come back to bite you in the ass

...until we hear something official from the league.
which you'll just ignore if it's not consistent with the conclusion to which you have already jumped :)
lmao I think people REALLY want the Patriots to lose this one.
of course they do. a lot of people always want the best team to lose :)
...the average pass defense of the patriots...
if you look at a single metric (pass yards), the seahawks dominate for sure - #1 in the league. but the patriots are no slouches on defence - they have more ints and sacks than seattle this year and, overall (points per game) they're in 8th place which is not too shabby (seattle is #1)

overall defense is less meaningful when your offense can score. let's look at the differential (avg. points scored minus avg. points allowed):

patriots: 29.3 (4th) - 19.6 (8th) = 9.7
seahawks: 24.6 (10th) - 15.9 (1st) = 8.7

which is more even.

the patriots have shown this season that they are a rounded team. when they're having trouble in the air, they can win it on the ground. special teams can be a factor in these games too and the patriots stack up well there too.

alasdair

@ ali the other thing too, is the Seahawks regular season schedule turned out to be pretty easy IMO. So those numbers might not even be a good predictor.

Your losses, first game to miami, then @ kc, and then the @Pack.

The pack came out and hit you with both really good offensive and defensive game, but the pack is a pretty good pass defense team.

Two other really good pass defense teams were miami and KC.

Another commonality these three teams had was they all had a good running game.

The seahawks are pretty much the best in both these two categories. This should certainly worry you I would think.

A New Englander's guide to labeling every other NFL team a cheat

couple of excerpts for you:
BUFFALO BILLS: The Bills have been all about those banned substances for the past five decades, beginning with Haslett's admission to steroid use during his Buffalo career from 1979-85. When the NFL cracked down on steroids in the late 1980s, the Bills had more players suspended than any other team. Soon afterwards, Don Smith allegedly tested positive for steroid use before Super Bowl XXV, and then proceeded to score a touchdown in the first of four straight title losses. Before making a Pro Bowl, running back Travis Henry violated the league's substance policy, citing ephedra, as was the custom at the time. And more recently tight end Shawn Nelson earned his own four-game suspension. Whatever's in the sauce on those wings up there in Buffalo, maybe the Bills should be using more of it, because they haven't made the playoffs since New Englanders threw them a bone with Doug Flutie in 1999.
GREEN BAY PACKERS: The Packers cheated so bad they had to buy their way back into the league, per Albert J. Figone's 2012 book, "Cheating the Spread": "The American Professional Football Association, organized in 1919, soon became embroiled in recruiting collegiate players. The Green Bay Packers had their franchise revoked in 1921 because they recruited three Notre Dame Players — Hunk Anderson, Ojay Larson, and Hee Garvey — for their final game of the season at Milwaukee. The story was broken by the Chicago Tribune, home of the Packers' archrival Staleys (later the Bears), coached by George Halas. The Green Bay franchise was reinstated in 1922 after Curly Lambeau paid a fee." Nowadays, Aaron Rodgers' over-inflation of balls keeps the proud cheating tradition established by Hunk, Ojay and Hee alive.
:)

alasdair

Green Bay Packers had their franchise revoked in 1921 because they recruited three Notre Dame Players

You really can't be serious..

Wow, really i was fully on board with focusing on game to come.. spread them archaeologist.

Your quarter back is a little bitch and your coach is a world class nerd. And the both are world champion cheaters.

Enjoy your loss ali.. your team is the laughing shame of the NFL.

:\

EDIT: see today that a NE employee was videotaped going in the shitter with all the balls.. if you didn't win fairly you didn't really win.. wonder if spygate got the filth.

All hail the NE Cheatasty.. hard to respect filth.

Last edited:
^ don't shoot the messenger but touched a nerve, eh?

cheaters abound... rocks, glass houses and all that.

alasdair

You can find the dream of your tarnished trophies in the NE shitter in the stall labeled shame..

but seattle is going to smoke you.;)

oh, it's different? ok.
but seattle is going to smoke you.;)
like they smoked the packers? maybe. but seattle didn't really win that game, did they? the packers handed it to them on a plate.

we'll see. at least my team is in the game. not watching at home :)

alasdair

Rex Ryan wasn't coaching the Bills 30 years ago. Bill Bellichick, the current coach of the Patriots, has now been caught cheating twice.

I swear Patriots fans will use any excuse in the book to rationalize the shady shit their team does.