• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

the 2014/2015 nfl thread v. R U RDY 4 SUM FOOTBAW?

if it wasn't for spy-gate, we wouldn't even be talking about this.

if you ignore the fact that rich people have loads of money, they're basically poor people... :\

alasdair

Couldn't resist:)

It gets bad when you get a bad reputation.

Cowboys fan sues NFL for $88 billion over reversed call

A man incarcerated in a Colorado correctional facility filed a lawsuit against NFL officials seeking over $88 billion in damages because of an overturned call.

Thats one way to get out of your cell in prison for a few hours :\

All of the Patriots' actions, strategies, and gameplay are going to be retroactively scrutinized now. During this whole fiasco everyone is going to be looking back at all those grey area things that some teams skirt the rules with, except the Patriots will be called out on all of it. They really can't blame anyone but themselves. Between this and Spygate in 2007 they've basically lost their right to benefit of the doubt and have painted a target on their own backs.

If I was a Patriots fan I'd be furious with Bill Bellichick. As much as I hate Brady I can't pin any of this stuff on him. Sure he knew the balls were being deflated(the idea of a QB not having total control over everything about the footballs they bring for games is laughable) but Bellichick is the mind behind all of it. All coaches look for little loopholes and other things that can give them an advantage, but the league lets a lot of that small stuff slide because it's sportsmanship. Bellichick always seems to take it too far though. I'm not sure if it's because of intense pressure he feels to win or if it's some crazy ego thing. I have zero doubt he was told to stop deflating balls back when Indy made a complaint to the league when the two teams played back in November. The commissioner and the owner of the Patriots Robert Kraft are REALLY close friends. Roger Goddell was posting pictures on Twitter from Robert Kraft's party during the AFC championship game. He absolutely would have told Kraft to tell Bellichick to cut the shit. The fact that Bellichick didn't listen and got caught doing it at the AFC championship game is probably why both Goddell and Kraft are furious with Bellichick(speculation). And the worst part is that he's a great coach with a great team. They could have done fine without cheating. But now their entire legacy is in jeopardy. Hell even Tom Brady should be pissed at Bellichick. Between getting caught for this and Spygate he's forever changed the narrative on what would have went down as probably the best football team in NFL history. I'm sure it's maddening for everyone involved.

people getting butthurt even when the patriots are playing by the rules.

i'm with tom brady on this one: "Maybe those guys gotta study the rulebook and figure it out."

:)

i posted this before. on the patriots scheme against baltimore:
espn's kevin seifert said:
The Patriots' scheme was legal, even if it pushed the envelope on the NFL's attempt to legislate substitution deception out of the game. Vinovich followed protocol, which gives him discretion on how much time to allow a defense to react to substitutions. Ravens coach John Harbaugh erred by not calling a timeout to give his defensive players their assignments. Finally, it's likely that the NFL's competition committee will at least review the Patriots' formation this offseason to ensure it complied with the NFL's sportsmanship code.

The Patriots' reputation as NFL rule-pushers, punctuated by their 2007 discipline for videotaping opponents illegally, surely has played a role in Sunday's swelling emotions. In the end, however, there isn't much to dispute here. Their scheme was legal and sound. Vinovich handled it as well as could have been expected. A creative innovation caught the Ravens by surprise, and they didn't adjust in time. So it goes.
on harbaugh's response to same scheme:
bleacher report said:
Harbaugh got caught with his pants down, and rather than call timeout, he instead decided to throw a temper tantrum that cost his team 15 yards.

alasdair

"ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Josh Gordon has flunked yet another drug test and will be subject to a one-year suspension."

lmao what did i say last year?

dude's career is over he just isn't committed to the game.

When you're busted for drugs in the NFL you enter a drug counseling program where alcohol is prohibited, just like most real life court ordered drug programs. He essentially threw his career away to get drunk. He had shown promise to become one of the league's premiere WRs too. Such a waste of talent.

When you're busted for drugs in the NFL you enter a drug counseling program where alcohol is prohibited, just like most real life court ordered drug programs. He essentially threw his career away to get drunk. He had shown promise to become one of the league's premiere WRs too. Such a waste of talent.

That sucks for him. Its pretty apperant at this point he has an addiction. I am not going to throw him under the bus. I have thrown away alot of good things in my life to get fucked up.

I mean I can relate to what he's going through for sure. But I'd like to think that I could keep my shit together for a contract worth millions of dollars, which he basically just lost. Who knows though maybe I'd do the same thing.

how do you fail for alcohol the shit is out of your system in under a day. what a sped

I didnt even watch the pro bowl, or the NHL all star game

only the MLB All star game is worth watching. and the nba dunk contest.

I'm guessing they randomly test you and they happened to pick a day after he was drinking the night before. Talk about shitty luck.

I've never watched a Pro Bowl in my life, and that's even with 3 Bills Dlinemen in it this year.

i wish i could have watched the pro bowl last night. would have been cool to just watch some skillful football without worrying about the drama/politics.

I swear to god if they try to make it sound like some ball boy took it upon himself to deflate balls without anyone higher up in the organization telling him to I might just light my computer on fire.

i know there are people - and you're likely one of them - who won't believe it, even if it's proven that's what actually happened.

why haven't the nfl interviewed tom brady?

alasdair