• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

The 2012/2013 NFL Thread v. Brady dont need no money

Status
Not open for further replies.
no matter what i still think falcons improved their team from last years. which is gonna be exciting.

i remember seeing something where every year mike nolan was on the dolphins he slowly got his defense ranked better and better until it was eventually top 5 when it use to be like 25.

no matter what i still think falcons improved their team from last years. which is gonna be exciting.

i remember seeing something where every year mike nolan was on the dolphins he slowly got his defense ranked better and better until it was eventually top 5 when it use to be like 25.

Opposite, actually. The trend with Nolan is that he starts off in the top 5 in his first year, and his defenses steadily decline after that.

He was only in Miami for two years.

^ Nolans 49ers were so shitty that he drafted high picks every year and eventually assembled a great team. Not sure if thats a credit or a dicredit to him.

i always thought Nolan was a great coach on the niners but his players just sucked.
no coach can make shitty players amazing.

The Raiders are closing in on a trade for veteran quarterback Matt Flynn, according to a CBSSports.com

In turn, the Raiders will trade starting quarterback Carson Palmer to the Arizona Cardinals, a subsequent report by the same website said.

The NFC west just got tougher for everyone else =D
Palmer threw for 4k in 15 games with a bunch of scrubs as WR, He should put up big numbers with Fitz in Arians offense

As for Flynn, probably get killed behind that line but should be an ok one year stopgap or Tutor to Terrelle, But as long as we can get a top 5 pick next year when the great QB's come out. Im ok with that.

As for Tony Romo getting 6/$108m from Jerry, well he must have some incriminating photo's of him or something

Last edited:
^ Doesn't really matter who the cards trod out there at QB he's doomed to fail until they get some decent o-lineman. Theyre missing play makers at every offensive position except for fitzgerald. THey can be a solid team if they figure that stuff out, but I seriously doubt they will.

I thought Kolb was ok till he got hurt, Skelton and Lindley were just awful albeit Lindley was a very raw rookie that they can still develop.

Carson isnt the most mobile at the best of times, but still has a great arm, he will be fine there, and playing behind that line will be heaven for him compared to the Joke of a line he had in Oakland.
He will keep them in games this year and wouldnt be surprised if Zona are a wildcard team, even in the so called toughest division in football.

Check this clip of Carson from last season, the guy can still fucking sling it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDH_AIvEeOk

Now name me one Raiders WR you can name off hand.

Exactly, the guy was passing for mad yards last yr with no run game, no o line and no WR

Wait till he goes to Zona, he will light the NFC west secondaries up

Last edited:
^ I think Palmer was really underrated last season, and still think he can be good, but zona had an abyssmal o-line last year. I dont have time to go dig up stats but im pretty sure they were worse than Oakland, probably worst in league.

^ I think Palmer was really underrated last season, and still think he can be good, but zona had an abyssmal o-line last year. I dont have time to go dig up stats but im pretty sure they were worse than Oakland, probably worst in league.

I suppose it depends on who you ask, with regards to offensive line quality. A statistician (AKA the know-nothings at ESPN) might point out that Arizona allowed the most sacks in the league last season, and the running backs had very low YPC. Somebody who actually watched the team (I did not, and I was traveling for the Miami-'Zona game last season and missed it :( ) might contend that the offensive line was decent, but the QB's held on to the ball too long, and the RB's couldn't find the Grand Canyon if their offensive line opened up it for them.

The perspective gained from actually watching a team 16 games a year can never be underestimated.

As a 49er fan who loves twisting the knife in the ribs of my friend who is a diehard cards fan every chance I get, I know more about the cards than your average "I heard it on ESPN" retard.

Their O-line was abyssmal. They were mediocre to begin with, but good enough to win in the beginning of the season. However the injury bug hit them, but instead of it just being a bug it was more like a swarm of locust, and by the end of the season their o-line resembled something closer to a solid d2 college level of play than the NFL. There is a reason no QB's have stayed healthy in AZ for some time now.

My cards friend fan admits these truths, and his usual comeback is 'well at least we'll be stacked with high first round picks in a couple years".

Im not gonna say its an impossibility, but in a super competitive division, in a super competitive NFC, I dont see the cards even sniffing the playoffs this year.

Carson Palmer was done the day he threatened to retire like you can tell the guy foesnt really care about the game he's just collecting a check at this point. He wont make Arizona better or worse hell just be a waste of a draft pick like Oakland blew in him

I think the guy just comes across that way, but he does have other interests outside of football. He has a Harvard MBA so isnt dumb or anything. NFL network reported that he has around $90 million in the bank.

This might come across as dispassionate to some, but the guy at this point in his career just wants to win. He might not manage that in Arizona, but he will be closer to the playoffs there than he will be in Oakland where its full on rebuilding mode at least till 2014

Will certainly consider him for my FF team as they dont have much of a running game there either so he will air it out a lot.

exactly id rather have a guy who knows football is his only shot at making money and doesnt threaten to retire when he doesnt get his way. Cinci is notorious for underpaying players but that just screams lack of leadership to me

Well Matt Flynn is now an Oakland Raider

Like the fact we only paid a 5th for him, hate the fact he has a noodle arm, limited mobility and will probabaly mean we dont develop Terrelle Pryor or draft a QB this or next year.

Official now, Carson Palmer a Cardinal.
The worst thing Oakland ever did was firing Hue and bringing in the stupid ZBS in 2012, It basically set us back 2 years.
Details of trade .

From the Raiders, Arizona receives Palmer and a seventh-round 2013 selection (219th overall, a pick initially acquired by Oakland from Carolina for WR Louis Murphy in July).

From the Cardinals, Oakland receives a sixth-round selection in this month’s draft (176th overall, initially obtained by Arizona from Tennessee, through Minnesota), as well as a conditional 2014 Arizona draft choice.

By swapping sixth- and seventh-round choices, Oakland moves up 43 selections

Palmer, 33, also agreed to a new contract with the Cardinals. The team did not disclose terms of the quarterback’s deal, but league sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter that the restructured contract is for two years and worth $16 million. It also gives the Cardinals an out after one year if the situation does not work out. Palmer was due to make $13 million this season.

Last edited:
While you fools were sleeping on my team they went and made two good defensive pickups to solidify their D.

BILLS TO THE SUPERBOWL THIS SEASON I'LL BET A MILLION DOLLARS

afc east 2014:

1. pats
2. dolphins

then it's a toss up between the jets and the bills for worst and second worst.

gm, i'll bet you $100 the bills don't make it to the superbowl.

alasdair

Status
Not open for further replies.