• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Thca, same thing as THC? Is thca, the same thing as thc sativa?

Innerpeace

Bluelighter
I've read thca is sativa breed . What is the difference from thca and THC? Are the effects the same. It supposed to protect thca. I've seen someone say, thca is the same thing as THC.

I know they are separate words, on a cannabis test.

Most typical cannabis contains mostly THCa which is then decarboxylated by heating either cooking or by smoking to THC. Since THCa is technically legal many folks have begun selling concentrates and now flower even which has less than .3% THC or whatever the cutoff is…

I’ve had pure THCa without any terpenes. It was a big clear crystal. It gives the mood lifting properties but completely lacks in the body effect that I seek. Also there was no “withdrawal” like I get from real cannabis where I lose my appetite and stuff, just a bad mood for a day and that was that. I then smoked the isolated terpenes from the same plant, and all the body effects were there.

-GC

Something to note is that side by side,
If you had bud that is 20% THC and 20% THCA the one that is 20% THC should feel stronger as some THC is lost in the case of the THCA decarbing into THC during combustion

THC is decarboxylated THCa

No shit?

That's it?

That throws me for a loop because I've noticed that, when I develop too much of a tolerance and need to bring 'er back down, I just grab a THCa vape pen or two for the week. It does the EXACT same thing as my normal pens do, only it still breaks through the tolerance when I've been overindulging and finding that my daily staple is barely tickling my eyes anymore.

It's just.... it's just the same shit I've always had?

These mother fuckers need to stop labeling shit that they've already labelled, man, it's getting confusing and I don't appreciate placebo effects when it comes to getting high.

Most typical cannabis contains mostly THCa which is then decarboxylated by heating either cooking or by smoking to THC. Since THCa is technically legal many folks have begun selling concentrates and now flower even which has less than .3% THC or whatever the cutoff is…

I’ve had pure THCa without any terpenes. It was a big clear crystal. It gives the mood lifting properties but completely lacks in the body effect that I seek. Also there was no “withdrawal” like I get from real cannabis where I lose my appetite and stuff, just a bad mood for a day and that was that. I then smoked the isolated terpenes from the same plant, and all the body effects were there.

-GC
From what I understand all it is is something called a farm bill where certain States they can sell thca and it pretty much does the same thing. Furthermore thca is supposed to be sativa only so that may describe why it's only a head high and not a body high.

To the board, is this good for people who want sativa and can just buy it legally in states where the farm bill is active? because it appears this way to Innerpeace.

Something to note is that side by side,
If you had bud that is 20% THC and 20% THCA the one that is 20% THC should feel stronger as some THC is lost in the case of the THCA decarbing into THC during combustion
Yeah it about twenty five percent less , since it converts, is that correct?

Also from what I understand the dispensaries where THC is legally sold, is it thca and not thc?

No shit?

That's it?

That throws me for a loop because I've noticed that, when I develop too much of a tolerance and need to bring 'er back down, I just grab a THCa vape pen or two for the week. It does the EXACT same thing as my normal pens do, only it still breaks through the tolerance when I've been overindulging and finding that my daily staple is barely tickling my eyes anymore.

It's just.... it's just the same shit I've always had?

These mother fuckers need to stop labeling shit that they've already labelled, man, it's getting confusing and I don't appreciate placebo effects when it comes to getting high.

The weed market is full of superstition yes

From what I understand all it is is something called a farm bill where certain States they can sell thca and it pretty much does the same thing. Furthermore thca is supposed to be sativa only so that may describe why it's only a head high and not a body high.

To the board, is this good for people who want sativa and can just buy it legally in states where the farm bill is active? because it appears this way to Innerpeace.
Yeah it about twenty five percent less , since it converts, is that correct?

Also from what I understand the dispensaries where THC is legally sold, is it thca and not thc?

THCa isn’t sativa, both indica and sativa contain mostly THCa with a bit of THC. Often the THC content is 10-20% that of the THCa content.

In dispensaries it’s mostly THCa with some THC as stated above. The only difference is states where weed isn’t legal they have to remove or find a way to produce nearly all THCa with no residual THC.

Concentrates often can be almost all THCa especially the crystalline ones. Waxier/oilier concentrates can sometimes contain more THC to THCa.

-GC

THCa isn’t sativa, both indica and sativa contain mostly THCa with a bit of THC. Often the THC content is 10-20% that of the THCa content.

In dispensaries it’s mostly THCa with some THC as stated above. The only difference is states where weed isn’t legal they have to remove or find a way to produce nearly all THCa with no residual THC.

-GC
Are 100/0 sativa thca , 100/0 indica thca strains available?

Yeah I found another yesterday about a dispensary here, where THC is legal, I was told ,all their stuff is thca.

Are 100/0 sativa thca , 100/0 indica thca strains available?

Yeah I found another yesterday about a dispensary here, where THC is legal, I was told ,all their stuff is thca.

I think it's easier to hunt for hybrid strains with specific terpene combinations than it is to find 100:0 genetics anywhere.

I'm sure they exist but I kind of think of them like the holy grail, or the fountain of youth. Fuckin' locked up in a vault under ze deutschland or somethin'.

I think it's easier to hunt for hybrid strains with specific terpene combinations than it is to find 100:0 genetics anywhere.

I'm sure they exist but I kind of think of them like the holy grail, or the fountain of youth. Fuckin' locked up in a vault under ze deutschland or somethin'.

I think he’s referring to them being completely THCa dominant with no THC.

And yes I’ve seen very dank looking bud that supposedly smokes great of both sativa and indica varieties. I still have yet to try any THCa buds myself though. They are not cheap that’s for sure.

-GC

the dispensaries where THC is legally sold, is it thca and not thc
My client has ADHD, ocpd and other issues.
Dispensaries are around 30% thca and +/- 1% thc. Maybe it his choice, IDK, but will bring this up to him as it is new news to me as well.
He doesn't want to get sativa but he does. What I have is thca @ 27.8 %.

Ed: maybe the cause of craving for more coffee and bnz. :unsure:

And IME flower is a balance whereas to me these vape pens are one trick ponys.
Ya get ya need but at what cost if any?
Thoughts is all....

THCA is crystalline as the carboxylic acid group is polar, whereas THC has no polar groups and is waxy. Try eating THCA without preheating and you'll get fuck all effect.

Ive found 100 % sativa blend. Its Delta 10 Ive read delta 10 causes a more energizing head buzz then thca. May expirement and buy since this is the only 100 % sativa Ive seen I can buy.

As stated, thca is simply the raw, nonpsychoactive form of thc found in the fresh cannabis plant. Heat (or time) remove the carboxyl ring to form our friend, good old regular d9. The conversion loss from the removal of the carboxyl ring is 87%, meaning an efficient decarb of 1000mg thca will leave you with 870mg d9.

I live in an illegal state, but I can walk to any of 5 shops within one mile of my house and buy "thca flower" ranging from 20 to 30 percent thca, or more if infused, for half the price weed was on the street 20 years ago. There's a whole lot of other bullshit to weed out when it comes to the vapes, but thca is the real deal. As I like to say with regard to the farm bill - they didn't legalize weed, they just changed the definition.

I don't think there is any difference between "thca" flower and regular weed.

At least I can't tell any difference.

But I do question if this weed I'm buying actually meets the 0.3% cutoff, since some THCa naturally decarboxylates over time.

I don't think there is any difference between "thca" flower and regular weed.

At least I can't tell any difference.

But I do question if this weed I'm buying actually meets the 0.3% cutoff, since some THCa naturally decarboxylates over time.

Only real difference I can tell is it tends to be harsher on the throat, looking at the ash some of it due to some growers being less than proper on their flush. But also because it couldn't be properly jar cured over a long enough period of time without passing that 0.3% cutoff due to natural decarb over time, correct?

But yeah, I feel like a good portion of samples pulled from jars on store shelves wouldn't meet that criteria lol. Maybe sent into the lab straight from harvest.

Meant to add this into my post earlier but you know, memory and shit. But also I believe it's common practice among these growers to harvest early, for whatever reason, maybe to ensure a higher thca to thc ratio or something? But I've noticed it's very rare when buying thca flower to get buds with fully amber trichs.