• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

THC and autism

Autistick

Greenlighter
I would like to share how THC impacts my autism via this video here:

In it I discuss how marijuana (THC in particular) impacts my autism which is to allow me the ability to "coexist with myself and others". I am interested in meeting others who are similar to me in this respect. Does marijuana/THC positively impact your mental illnesses and/or developmental disabilities?

Hey thanks for opening up like that. I don't personally have autism but am curious as to how you were diagnosed with it? I ask because some of your speech patterns sort of remind me of the way I talk.. but that could also just be the cannabis. Not that you could even tell by the way you're talking tbh, probably wouldn't have guessed it if you did not say so.

I would say I have a similar propensity to drugs or altered states of the mind. For me I would say it is more linked to my depression than anything else. It's easy for me to sleep away the days when I am sober for some reason where as when I am intoxicated I tend to have more inspirations and desire to go out and do things, take risks, etc. I'm sure most everyone is like that to some degree though.

Personally it is hard to say whether it has impacted me positively or negatively. I struggle with addiction with most anything and find anything pleasurable to be somewhat addicting. Since I started smoking it has been an all day thing almost every day since, which tbh I would have to say is too much. If I were to smoke less in a more controlled and responsible manner then it might be more beneficial as the side effects would be more negligible but at my current use I notice myself being more and more forgetful and struggle to be "present" in social settings.

Hey, I really enjoyed your video and can empathize (or at least sympathize) with much of what you are saying.

I am guessing the form of Autism you have is Apsergers, is that correct?

I don't have Aspergers/Autism so to speak but my last therapist was convinced I am on the Autism Spectrum and that I have Nonverbal Learning Disability which is closely related to Aspergers, because of the wide discrepancy between my verbal and non-verbal/mathematical skills and some of my social issues.

After reading about it for the past few years I am also convinced I have it and share many common features with people with Apsergers.

I also have Generalized Anxiety Disorder and bits and pieces of other labels, but the point is: I feel you on your frustration with the drug war and HOW MUCH THESE SUBSTANCES CAN HELP US, ESPECIALLY THOSE WITH MENTAL DISORDERS.

Mushrooms are also by far my favorite and I believe if I could use them more frequently I could make great changes in my life but alas, they are illegal and quite difficult for me to obtain.

LSD also is something I find useful and again, difficult for me to get.

I've never used MDMA and I can't because I am on Lexapro which I find useful for my anxiety/depression but as you probably know SSRIs and MDMA don't mix.

I DO like Salvia, but it's quite unusual as you mentioned.

Have you ever tried Kratom??

If not, I think if you are at all like me you might LOVE it.

I find that in a very unique way Kratom, perhaps more than almost any other substance, seems to go hand in hand with my NVLD.

For example, it makes me more excited about my ideas and I tend to make extensive lists while on it, which is an activity I always enjoyed and which many people on the Spectrum also like to do.

I won't say that the lists I make on Kratom are usually useful haha, but i think they COULD be if I wanted to make them so.

It's great for anxiety and depression as well, but I have found I have to abstain for a while as it's addictive and my tolerance got too high.

Of course, I have tried other things as well, and it only makes sense that people who's consciousness might already be slightly different from the norm might also like to alter their minds.

Message me anytime you feel the need.

It's good to hear from more people who aren't locked into the same tired patterns of thinking.