• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Thai man arrested for allegedly attempting to donate methamphetamine to flood victims

poledriver

Bluelighter
Thai man arrested for allegedly attempting to donate methamphetamine to flood victims

985637-ice-crystal-meth-meth.jpg

The drug ice, also known as crystal meth or methamphetamine. Picture: NSW Police.

A MAN who was high on drugs has been arrested after attempting to donate methamphetamine tablets to help flood victims at a relief centre, Thai officials say.

A 39-year-old man, Jakrit Mukpradab, showed up with 11 methamphetamine pills in a small plastic zip-lock bag at a donation tent in the seaside district of Sattahip in Chonburi province on Monday, saying he wanted to help fellow Thais affected by the flooding, said local district chief Pawat Lertmukda.

He said Mr Jakrit told the volunteers 60 kilometres southeast of Bangkok that they could sell the drugs and use the money to support the troubled families. Flooding that began in mid-September has killed 61 people and affected 3.6 million people across Thailand.

"Looking high, he showed the volunteers the drugs and told them, 'I don't have any money to donate. Will these do?'" Mr Pawat said.

"Little did he know that the volunteers were actually from a civil drug suppression task force."

Mr Pawat said the man said he took some methamphetamine before the incident and said he used to be a drug dealer.

Mr Jakrit was handed over to police and will face charges of narcotics possession for personal use. He could face up to 10 years' imprisonment.

Police searched his house on Monday but did not find any more drugs, but they did find an unlicenced gun and bullets.

http://www.news.com.au/world-news/t...to-flood-victims/story-fndir2ev-1226740597584

Yeah 10 yrs for personal use. Crazy shit. Hopefully he gets alot lighter sentence than that, but even 1 or 2 yrs for 11 meth tablets (yaba) seems like a joke, but Thailands drug laws are no joke. Same with alot of asian places I guess.

Damn.
He was just trying to help!
You would think that they would recognize that, and cut him a break.

A meth head giving up his stash..... that's true philanthropy.

Those shards are ridiculous.

Very sad indeed. And yea those shards are monsterous. The big one in the pic has got to be like ten g's, prob more. Def professionaly made with quality reagents by the looks. Little clouded but id love to see the gcms on that.

I don't think you guys read the full story.

He was tweaking the fuck out with an unregistered gun, that's what might get him 10 years.

I don't think those shards look good at all, though. Looks like some typical homemade crystal, at least it's not shake and bake but I'll stick to the Cartels who pump out 90%+ pure meth.

I don't think you guys read the full story.

He was tweaking the fuck out with an unregistered gun, that's what might get him 10 years.

Actually...it says he faces the 10 years for "narcotics possession for personal use". Read the second to last line of the story...it says nothing about charges for the gun that was unregistered that they later found at his house.

^ This is a newspaper, not a court document. Obviously they are just sharing it for the sensational story, they could give a damn about how long this guy is actually going to be locked up for. It's not like they charged him for the meth and forgot about the gun :p

Its a stock photo... he had only 11 yabba pills.

They searched his house and found the gun, he didnt have it on him.

Yeah its a stock photo, nothing to do with what happened. I just included it because it was the pic in the article, that's why I included the quote after it as well.

Last edited:
http://www.bangkokpost.com/breaking...ng-speed-pills-for-sale-to-help-flood-victims

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic...ody-after-attempting-to-donate-11-yaba-pills/

10-11 years sounds about right. You'll probably get a year in prison per pill over there unless you can quickly pay a 50,000 baht bribe (they might even bleed you dry if you're a westerner, including making you borrow money from your family) to the cop who got you and it's not a crazy amount of pills etc. you have. Other south east Asian countries far are worse than Thailand.

Last edited:
[video=youtube_share;CXwhZFg5Jj4]http://youtu.be/CXwhZFg5Jj4[/video]

taken from the above bangkok post article.

I'm looking through the Bangkok Post and it looks like almost all the drug busts are methamphetamine. That's wild. I'd be curious to try a ya ba pill...

I'm looking through the Bangkok Post and it looks like almost all the drug busts are methamphetamine. That's wild. I'd be curious to try a ya ba pill...

My dad lives just on the border of Laos, in Thailand, he says they seize millions of tablets reguarley along the river, that seperates the countries. 500,000 pills would not really even be considered a big bust.

Yaba or Yama aren't as popular or widespread as they once were , in the early 2000s they went for cheeseburger prices and felt like a good 150mg per pill, currently it's many times that in cost and lower dosage, ICE is becoming more widespread and seen as better value for $ by many SEA tweakers. The pills are made in large scale facilities pumping them out by the hundreds of thousands. With the crackdowns throughout the region ice is easier to smuggle, and production scales down better .

You're not missing out on much there's nothing special about them it's just meth, caffeine , dye and fillers .

Yaba or Yama aren't as popular or widespread as they once were , in the early 2000s they went for cheeseburger prices and felt like a good 150mg per pill, currently it's many times that in cost and lower dosage, ICE is becoming more widespread and seen as better value for $ by many SEA tweakers. The pills are made in large scale facilities pumping them out by the hundreds of thousands. With the crackdowns throughout the region ice is easier to smuggle, and production scales down better .

You're not missing out on much there's nothing special about them it's just meth, caffeine , dye and fillers .

Methamphetamine is exceptionally difficult to find here and expensive, except in the form of "speed pills" of ~30 mg. 150 mg per pill sounds heavenly.