Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television series that you rewatch/want to rewatch

The Simpsons: Just kidding. I doubt even Max Power has sat through every episode of The Simpsons. But I do acknowledge that it has a high replay value.
I've seen every episode in seasons 2-8 AKA the only seasons that mattered. (The irony here is that my nom de plume is derived from a Season 10 episode.) Those episodes do have replay value because the writer's tried way harder, like putting in little freeze frame jokes (e.g. sign names).The real shame is the episodes re-airing in syndication now are usually ones from the past ten years.

I'm confident in saying I've seen all of Seinfeld. But there are definitely several foggy episodes. Whenever it was on TV I saw them as I've never purchased a DVD, however I did come close when I saw the Collector's Edition Boxset. It came with it's own coffee table book, come on.

I'd like to re-watch the first three seasons of Arrested Development, as I have only seen it once and now knowing the "call-forward" jokes it'll make it all the more enjoyable the second time around. I've yet to see the latest season.

Some day in the future, when the DVDs are out and I have a several weeks to kill, I'll marathon Breaking Bad with the Vince Gilligan commentary on. /nerd

Oh, Wonder Showzen.

and Police Squad!, obviously.

Last edited:
They're way better than the old star trek movies. There are a lot more action scenes in the new star trek movies.

Yeah...but does action = quality? If so, then Michael Bay's Transformers is the greatest film trilogy of all time.

Yeah...but does action = quality? If so, then Michael Bay's Transformers is the greatest film trilogy of all time.

It wasn't just the action that made the new Star Trek movies good. They had a very good storyline. The lack of action made the old Star Trek episodes very boring. The newer films had a balance of story and action.

- The Wire: It's so complex and beautifully crafted. Mezmorizing no matter how many times I see it.
- Breaking Bad: It's just my favorite show still on TV (for now :()... I liked rehashing where we were before this season started up again.
- The Sopranos: I love and hate all the characters so much, it's enjoyable to relive it.
- Arrested Development: The in-jokes just keep getting better the more you watch.
- Twin Peaks: I watched this too disjointedly the first time around. The second I understood the progression much better.
- Daria: I originally watched this when it first aired. It's fun to see how I find different things funny than I did originally. For example, I find Daria's parents a whole lot funnier now than when I was in middle school.
- Sons of Anarchy: Plain ol' entertaining... nice to keep in the background if just to hear Jema be a total badass.
- King of the Hill: It really never gets old to me no matter how many times I've seen the particular episode. Peggy is so hilariously awful.

It wasn't just the action that made the new Star Trek movies good. They had a very good storyline. The lack of action made the old Star Trek episodes very boring. The newer films had a balance of story and action.
trek was never about the action. with the new films they've removed all the outstanding alien mindfucks and replaced it with cookie cutter villains and generic action poses.

oh and these stories are bloody terrible.

Battlestar Galactica, the newer one.

i'm trying to see what makes stargate sg1 and the newer BG as popular as they are and to be frank both of these shows look really cheap to me. BG seems entirely populated by b-grade hollywood stereotypes. i'll keep at it, now into the second season. when does it get good?

it gets good midway season2, season 3 and season 4 until the last episode, kind of a let down but it's the journey that counts. Don't give up on it yet. If you watch it the whole way through there's no question you'll walk away appreciating it for what it is. It's too much of an emotional investment for me to rewatch but it's definitely worth the time. The show may look cheap but that's its character. it's the story line and the parallels drawn to our lives that make it so interesting and deep.

anyway, i forgot about the sopranos, i fucking hate tony soprano but that's what a good tv show does to you. Loved watching it and Oz was good (holds record for most dick shots in a tv series) too until the last season. I'm desperate for some new shit to watch that's actually good.

Richard Dean Anderson totally carried SG1 with his deadpan humour. The show lost a lot of its appeal when he took a smaller role in the final two seasons. For the record, it was cheap, and there were plenty of episodes in which the fourth wall was candidly knocked over to remind you that it wasn't all serious. Having said that, the show also constructed incredibly detailed worlds that the main cast would go have an adventure in every episode and the special fx were used well. There was always a good mixture of fantasy, hard sci-fi, comedy and military politics to appeal to a wide audience but it was employed creatively to keep each episode fresh without ruining the focus of the main plot. The depth of detail in every historical, scientific, and political reference was convincing enough that you'd take it seriously, so there was never the need to force yourself to suspend your disbelief when an alien ship that looks like a pyramid suddenly appears in Earth's orbit.

thanks for those posts, robotripping and thujone. very much appreciated.

off top. ru'paul's drag race, absolutely fabulous, sex and the city, 6 feet under, the L word, and some early project runway seaons. others mentioned, the wire, daria, twin peaks, bsg... i kinda wanna watch caprica again but since it got cancelled don't feel like committing.

Last edited:
thanks for those posts, robotripping and thujone. very much appreciated.

np! i hereby divest myself of any responsibility in the event that you become addicted and lose your job spending all day in front of the tv covered in a blanket with bleary eyes and a bad 5 o'clock shadow :D

The Wire: watched everything 3 times
Game of Thrones: re-watched first 2 seasons with my girlfriend who hadn't seen them before we began watching season 3 together
The Sopranos: watched several episodes more than once
Mad Men: same as above
Dexter: watched first 2 seasons twice

the west wing: i've watched the entire thing - all 122 episodes - from beginning to end 4 times.

alasdair

24:
Just when you thought it was over, they are bringing it back yes!!!
Jack Bauer is the most badass motherfuckin' boss on television.
The mid-seasons were absolutely incredible. The writing, story, plot, action and suspense was intense. Can't wait.
Let the annihilation of terrorists continue!

Homeland:
What can I say, for those who like a good CIA thriller fighting terrorism this is a must watch. Multiple award winning emmys packed with action and drama that leaves you wanting more. Well written storyline with complex twists and turns, complicated relationships, double agents, what more could you ask for? One of the best shows on television over the past couple years IMO.