• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Teen Drug Slang: A Dictionary For Parents

the better green said:
some of those heroin names sound as if they took the names on random stamps, and just figured those are actual names for heroin.

thats what i was thinking, who knows, maybe somewhere there is a stamp of bea arthur called the golden girls.

i alway slove reading these "guides" for parents....shit like this withdrawls the parent into a more secretive mode where they are more likely to snoop...i was young once and know how much that sucks. my parents were the type to read into shit like this and so they were never up front about drugs with me, instead they would be sneaky bastards. look at me now! lol

Kibbles and bits, please...with a side of pineapple.

A new study by the Caron Treatment Centers found that one in 10 messages on the Internet involved teens seeking advice from their peers on how to take illicit drugs.
wow. Im sure that all these "messages" are really just any sentance like "We brought a pineapple to tropical day at school" or something random like that and these "experts" come out and say that the message is about drugs because it mentions this drug "pineapple". maybe they counted all of the bl messages to account for this 1/10.

Candyflipping is the hot new thing? I guess I was just way ahead of the curve ten years ago. . . 8)

Then again, I'm enough of an oldster that I really don't know what "kids" call stuff nowadays. Back when I was more active, I tended to be direct: if I wanted to score some coke, I'd say "hey, does anyone have any coke?" Worked like a charm!

Peace,

Fausty

Special K: A medication used as an anesthetic in humans and animals, ketamine is sometimes abused as a "club drug." It can cause hallucinations and euphoria in higher doses. Synonyms include vitamin K, breakfast cereal, cat valium, horse tranquilizer, K, Ket, new ecstasy, psychedelic heroin, and super acid.

I actually LOLed! super acid....:D those arent synonyms

Excuse me sir, but could you kindly point me to the gentleman selling the toot? What about the yahoo? The breakfast cereal? The golden girls? Why are you stabbing me?!?!

I got the sense that the idea of a drug being described as <adjective><completely different drug> was maybe something made up by the author, or maybe his 9 year old.

Now, if you will excuse me, I have to go pick up a 10-pack of gay acid.

I really need to get some psychedelic heroin and essence. I love how they call ket new ecstasy when ket has been abused for a longer period of time.

Some of them sound funny, but with all the slang out there I wouldn't doubt alot of it is actually used somewhere. I've heard meth called "hardware" for a while in the past.

on that note I think the article, or author, was missguided in the results he/she wished to achieved. The purpose was stated as an attempt to educate parents in identifying drug topics in thier childs discussions. Listing "new exstacy" as a slang for ketamine is pointless (slang really used or not) because it referrences a well known drug by name already. Parents are not THAT stupid.

Yet, something the so called experts neglected is the slang used in making purchases or referrencing amounts of the drug. For example, when buying meth you might hear "eight-ball" or "ball" (3.5g), "teenager/teener/teen" or "Tina" (1.75g), or amounts in grams often called "cents"... (ex: 30 cents = .30 grams of meth)

The author just waisted his time is all.

This is crazy. I've not heard half of these and I'm sure this dude pulled them out of his ass. I've heard some crazy nicknames but once you think about them they tend to make sense. The ones in this article make me go WTF too many times.

Kibbles and bits: The attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) drug called Ritalin. It is sometimes also referred to as pineapple, says Pollock.

is this guy serious? if sum1 ask me if i wanted to shoot sum antifreeze and take sum kibbles and bits? I don't know what i would would think.

I know this is a thread about drug slang, but those supposed synonyms are just retarded.

The georgia home boy just ate a pineapple and passed out in the kibbles and bits...