TDS TDS Photo Thread vs. You're a Superstar!

He was definitely the John Goodman of that part of the river. All the others were about an inch smaller.
He was still quick though. So I had to come at a new approach and go as slow as possible so I don't spook him.
I had my face on the surface of the water so I could see clearly as he was shuffling along the rocks.
Slowly I lined it up, pulled the spear ready and WHAM; got him in my prongs ;)

We used him and his kinfolk as fishing bait at this bizarre lake we went to later in the day.
If you ever get out to Cali, Sequioa is a truly awe inspiring place...

I live in NC, so I don't think I will ever make it out to Cali, but if I do by chance I will have to keep that in mind.

It was nice speaking with you. Hopefully we can chat again soon.

Jen

Last edited:
Sequioa is a truly awe inspiring place...

i was there when i was 12....truly an awe inspiriing place on this earth.

and im a an east coast mountain raised hellbilly, but them crawdads are friggin crazy sized...ours are are maybe 3 inches, we eat ours, what say you on this culinary delight??

loki_zps48acd73c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]66

6 weeks clean Wednesday.

Good for you! Just hang in there, see it through. I wish you the best Kiitah!

Jen

Last edited:
CaveBear I would love to travel & go some places I never though I would be as able to, but money is always an issue. Especially since out accident. Maybe someday.

Jennie

Last edited:
I live live in NC, so I don't think I will ever make it out to Cali, but if I do by chance I will have to keep that in mind.

It was nice speaking with you. Hopefully we can chat again soon.

Jen

life can bring us wondrous opportunities :)
that trip to Sequioa was literally a last minute choice that was presented to me, I'm so glad I recognized and seized it!

We shall chat again soon :D

and im a an east coast mountain raised hellbilly, but them crawdads are friggin crazy sized...ours are are maybe 3 inches, we eat ours, what say you on this culinary delight??

haha, maybe it's the Fukushima radiation.

I've always wanted to visit the mountains of the east. Catskills, Appalachians, Great Smokey Mountains and whatnot.
Beautiful landscapes and plenty of history to tickle my braniac g-spot.

I have a certain dislike for crustaceans. Not because they taste bad or anything, they're fine.
However, just like sunflower seeds, it's just too much work :p

life can bring us wondrous opportunities :)
that trip to Sequioa was literally a last minute choice that was presented to me, I'm so glad I recognized and seized it!

We shall chat again soon :D

haha, maybe it's the Fukushima radiation.

I've always wanted to visit the mountains of the east. Catskills, Appalachians, Great Smokey Mountains and whatnot.
Beautiful landscapes and plenty of history to tickle my braniac g-spot.

I have a certain dislike for crustaceans. Not because they taste bad or anything, they're fine.
However, just like sunflower seeds, it's just too much work :p

The mountains in the east are beautiful, at least the Smokey's & Appalachians are! The Blue Ridge Pky is probably the most breathtaking though. I guess that is probably what I miss most about not riding now. Every Saturday I use to head up Jonas Ridge to the Pky. We use to always go to the mountains to ride. There is def plenty of history here to keep you busy for a while.

I have to disagree with you on the dislike for crustaceans! They are so good, it is worth all the work! :)

Jen

Last edited:
The mountains in the east are beautiful, at least the Smokey's & Appalachians are! The Blue Ridge Pky is probably the most breathtaking though. I guess that is probably what I miss most about not riding now. Every Saturday I use to head up Jonas Ridge to the Pky. We use to always go to the mountains to ride. There is def plenty of history here to keep you busy for a while.

I have to disagree with you on the dislike for crustaceans! They are so good, it is worth all the work! :)

Jen

I look at pictures of the east and it reminds me a bit of certain parts of Alaska.
Vast, rolling hills that reveal postcard worthy landscapes. Especially in the Fall...

I envy you terribly.
I've always wanted to ride a horse!
All I've been on is a donkeh 8)

crustaceans are just the big bugs of the sea so ha!
=D

Creeks were great places to see a moose or two

You can sit down AND have a mosquito footbath

That water was so cold it hurt

I used to live in the Appalachians (Delaware Water Gap area of eastern PA) and it was gorgeous. I'm in the Santa Cruz mountains now and aside from the beautiful redwoods they aren't much to speak of as far as mountains go but when they spill right down into the Pacific ocean--you can't beat that! My son is on a massive round the country road trip right now and I can hardly wait for him to see the eastern mountain ranges. He has been out of the country but this is his first time ever seeing what "back east" means.

Since I'm in the picture thread I'm going to go check flickr and see what I have......brb.....

DSCF7738

@HWH, soooooo good to see you back!

HeWhoHowls

Some beautiful pictures!

I've always wanted to go to Alaska & yes I would agree, some parts of the east do look the same as Alaska.

Riding horses is a lot of fun but not something I have done in a long time. I cant say I've ridden a donkey through. =D We have a town near where I live called Love Valley. It looks just like the old west. You can drive a vehicle up to the bar or store, only walk or ride your horse & you tie it off while your inside. It's like you stepped back into the wild west!

You are basically right about the crustaceans, but I don't care they are still really good and I don't eat beef or pork, but I will eat crustaceans! :)

Found this on google
d62aea31345d73fa86a54f40570db90a.jpg

Jen

@t.calderone

where abouts on lake huron? i grew up on lake huron

Last edited:
^what a wonderful portrait. You look so relaxed and at peace--not to mention handsome. <3