Taste in music

Yo <: C
How do you feel when you make music Coexe? Obvs thats way flexible. Just cos i need to release that beast myself & talking to artists is maybe the best seasoning. I'm in those early returning stages yknow. Creativity bound up with infinte ties cables, manufacture & remanufacture, fears that don't seem mine

I like different styles-from classics(Mozart,Vivaldi..),rock,blues and psychedelic from 60-70,ethno jazz,reggae,ragas from Industan,orthodox chants,one-two black metal bands from 80,some oldschool hiphop from 90,ambient and lounge music,electr.sounds of ethnotribal.....a lot of stuff,but rarely listen music anymore.Sometimes in the car

I like different styles-from classics(Mozart,Vivaldi..),rock,blues and psychedelic from 60-70,ethno jazz,reggae,ragas from Industan,orthodox chants,one-two black metal bands from 80,some oldschool hiphop from 90,ambient and lounge music,electr.sounds of ethnotribal.....a lot of stuff,but rarely listen music anymore.Sometimes in the car
yo Nas :p
did something overtake music for you in life or..? Had friends that have shed interest in art/music. I guess the reasons can be positive or negative.

Guess I am not so young,when just to woke up push the button and listen.Yeah...talk to myself and ask the same question.Years ago also played on reedpipe(folklor instrument typical for the Balkans.Great art....along with literature and painting

Yo <: C
How do you feel when you make music Coexe? Obvs thats way flexible. Just cos i need to release that beast myself & talking to artists is maybe the best seasoning. I'm in those early returning stages yknow. Creativity bound up with infinte ties cables, manufacture & remanufacture, fears that don't seem mine
Start with Karaoke practice getting familiar with your singing voice then try with real instruments. It takes practice like anything else in this world. Here
try this

Music definitely takes work. That’s why you see so many people listening to the same tracks they did as kids, they either don’t know how or don’t care to find something new.

I’m grateful to have my fingers on the pulse of fresh music, I also don’t pigeon hole myself into one genre (although admittedly these days I hang in the electronic section so to speak).

If I compare my liking of music 10yrs ago to now, the shit now is bangin. There’s so many more artists than ever before to choose from.

-GC

I just made this. It's just a beat. Making beats is a good way to learn music though

I'm a purist when it comes to eclecticism. I don't apologise for being a purist. It might be a personality thing - i'm very critical, aesthetically-fussy. (Not in the same way as your hip hop-listening friend Negentropic i.e. listening exclusively to one genre)

But for most genres i like - hip hop, techno, noise, electronica - there'll inevitably be an area where i put the fence up and say "nope. not that kind of dub. Not that area of techno." For me these are aesthetic, semi-mysterious directive. I dont care about scenes, knowing the latest, "only listening to chicago house etc" or any of that shit. I think it's a by-product of having wide tastes - there have to be filters at some point or else i'd be swallowed up by infinity. But i realise clearly these are idiosyncratic personal or random filters. For some people that can be authentic.

For any genre, the artists i gravitate to are those who "strip it back" instead of "pile it on". And always the fashion-resistant.

Hip hop, minimal techno, ambient, black metal, space rock, world, jungle/dnb.

Last edited:
ethnotribal, let's talk some more :> :trippy:

Once I found an excellent track on you tube-some incredible beat with didgeridoo.Can imagine dancing all night beside the fire in absolute trance state on that....with some mdma or shrooms.Never ever could able to find this track again.Ethnotribal is a real transmusic for me.....just cycling round and round....goin'somewhere out of my head....much of sweat,jumpin'around.A real cardio.A simple monotonous track with wild beat and ethno elements.Could be from Africa or anywhere,vut you gotta move...can't just relaxing.You know that rhytm-it's magical