• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Tapering off cigarettes?

Here, in Istanbul, doctors prescribe Bupropion or Vareniclin (in US, the commercial name should be Chantix) in order to stop smoking.

^ I definitely got get a high anymore. The first time I had a smoke I was high as a kite, I remember thinking no wonder everybody smoked these all the time. But now I might get a little buzz every now and then. Determining factors are how long it's been since I had a cigarette, what environment I'm in, mood/stress level at the time. If eveything linesup just right where I havent smoked in while and I'm stressed as hell and I can just be alone, a cigarette MIGHT give me a faint glimpse into the pleasant rush that I used to get almost 15 years ago.
Ah thanks for information. That's why I always have kept breaks from nicotine. In middle-east I know there is some kind of tobacco oil that has very high nicotine amount.

I am at 5 a day right now, but unfortunately my opioid taper is messed up, I think I'm going cold turkey again . so I'll keep the cigs at 5 a day while withdrawing as it kind of helps

I am at 5 a day right now, but unfortunately my opioid taper is messed up, I think I'm going cold turkey again . so I'll keep the cigs at 5 a day while withdrawing as it kind of helps
I think you shouldn't stop more than one drug at a time because it makes it more hard, after you have successfully quit opioids you can start deal with smoking addiction.

yeah I know, I wanted to do that when I first checked into rehab, but my psychotherapist suggested otherwise so I didn't quit the cigs and they were a blessing.

I just don't know if after I drop the cigs I'll won't be lured into them again when I smoke weed. when I smoke weed I don't need to smoke tobacco for half a day, but as I don't afford to make pure 1g joints I need the tobacco for them, I pretty much smoke weed everyday but I want to reduce this also because it makes me unproductive

MorpheusP, what kind of opiates and dosage are you with-drawling from?
Tapering that is a lot easier than cold turkey also.
I am here for support, if you need to talk....etc..
I wish you the best of luck.

I agree with Neo about not taking on more than one thing at a time.
Good advise.

You can do this!
You are doing great on the smoking!

C.E, you are doing great on the smoking too!

I am also doing good on the smoking!
Had 9 yesterday.

Great job guys!!! I am proud of us!
We are doing great ! ?

I always get a great nicotine buzz - I'm guessing that's just what I think of it as, when it's a dopamine high? - almost always with the first cigarette of the day. I find if I smoke every hour or so I get very, very little out of it. If I wait more then 5 hours or so I get a mild high. Basically, the longer I go, or the less often I smoke the better. I finally managed to sleep in opiate withdrawal a few days ago and I slept for 25 hours. I got a very good dopamine high after that.

MorpheusP, what kind of opiates and dosage are you with-drawling from?
Tapering that is a lot easier than cold turkey also.
I am here for support, if you need to talk....etc..
I wish you the best of luck.

I agree with Neo about not taking on more than one thing at a time.
Good advise.

You can do this!
You are doing great on the smoking!

C.E, you are doing great on the smoking too!

I am also doing good on the smoking!
Had 9 yesterday.

Great job guys!!! I am proud of us!
We are doing great ! ?

Thanks! :)
I'm on 10 a day but I had 13 yesterday and 11 the day before. However, I only had 1/3 of my usual opiate doses over the weekend and I couldn't suffer two withdrawals at once. I'm ignoring those two days and back to ten again today. Only difference is I'll be cutting down to 8 on Saturday instead of Thursday.

yeah I know, I wanted to do that when I first checked into rehab, but my psychotherapist suggested otherwise so I didn't quit the cigs and they were a blessing.

I just don't know if after I drop the cigs I'll won't be lured into them again when I smoke weed. when I smoke weed I don't need to smoke tobacco for half a day, but as I don't afford to make pure 1g joints I need the tobacco for them, I pretty much smoke weed everyday but I want to reduce this also because it makes me unproductive
Have you considered e-cigs? Nicotine by itself is not harmful it is actually good, according to studies it can help with positive neuro-plasticity of brains, it reduces likelihoods of Parkinson and Alzheimer.

I always get a great nicotine buzz - I'm guessing that's just what I think of it as, when it's a dopamine high? - almost always with the first cigarette of the day. I find if I smoke every hour or so I get very, very little out of it. If I wait more then 5 hours or so I get a mild high. Basically, the longer I go, or the less often I smoke the better. I finally managed to sleep in opiate withdrawal a few days ago and I slept for 25 hours. I got a very good dopamine high after that.
Strong snuss (20mg) gives me very good buzz at the morning and through the day, I usually use 10 pads of them, it is much cheaper than smoking. Smoking is like crack but snuss is like cocaine by duration of the dopamine releasing effect, also much less bad for you're health.

That sounds like your teeth would get super brown super quickly. Saving my teeth - along with saving money - is my main reason for stopping.
I *think* it may be illegal where I live (UK). No idea why it would be, though.

I got an e-cig device, bought it 4 years ago maybe 5, but haven't used it since, I used it a few times but it's not my thing, I still need the real cigs

I got an e-cig device, bought it 4 years ago maybe 5, but haven't used it since, I used it a few times but it's not my thing, I still need the real cigs

I had one, but since it meant I could smoke indoors and it didn't "end" like a cigarette I'd sit in front of the T.V and keep absent-mindedly smoking it and end up with a nicotine OD. While it only lasts like 15 it fucking SUCKS. I have to get into bed and ride it out as time crawls. SEVERE nausea and cold sweats/shaking.

plus the all kinds of aromas turn me on, I like the aroma of tobacco, I can't say I dislike those sweet flavours so much but when I'm smoking I'm looking for the tobacco flavour

PO , I was on 2.5 x 100mg pills of tramadol but I fucked up the taper and now I'm on 15 x 50 mg, it's fucking with my serotonin system heavily, I will drop off this week as much as I can then I'm going cold turkey, I just have to stay in the house to avoid having a seizure outside. bc of the lack of sleep from w/d and the side effects of tram w/d I'm on verge of seizures everytime I withdraw and I'm having mad brainzaps

Last edited by a moderator:
plus the all kinds of aromas turn me on, I like the aroma of tobacco, I can't say I dislike those sweet flavours so much but when I'm smoking I'm looking for the tobacco flavour

Yeah, I love that smell. Even as a kid I always like the smell of tobacco (maybe because my grandparents smoked and it reminded me of them?).

btw speaking of smell, did you guys have a smelling issue from opiates too? since a few years I can't really smell much anymore, there are moments from time to time when I involuntaryly notice a smell but in rest I got to focus hard, so it is either because of the snri system of tramadol or the opioid one of oxycodone.

That sounds like your teeth would get super brown super quickly. Saving my teeth - along with saving money - is my main reason for stopping.
I *think* it may be illegal where I live (UK). No idea why it would be, though.
It makes you're teeth brown maybe little more than coffee. But for me it costs about 30$ per month compared to 200$ month if I smoke. The one I use has so much nicotine that if small child swallows it he/she can die. The tolerance rises very quickly on snus and many people have it under the lip all the time when they are awake, so it's more addicting in a way, but much easier to taper than cigs. I don't find reasons to stop using nicotine because I enjoy it and it has beneficial effects.

PO , I was on 2.5 x 100mg pills of tramadol but I fucked up the taper and now I'm on 15 x 50 mg, it's fucking with my serotonin system heavily, I will drop off this week as much as I can then I'm going cold turkey, I just have to stay in the house to avoid having a seizure outside. bc of the lack of sleep from w/d and the side effects of tram w/d I'm on verge of seizures everytime I withdraw and I'm having mad brainzaps

Have you considered taking an SSRI and an alternate opiate (DHC or codeine) and tapering off them one at a time? Tramadol wd is really rough because you are withdrawing from an opiate and and SNRI.

Im down to 8 a day, was at a pack and started cutting back. Its hard but we can all do it and will be healthier for it